LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

racetronic issue: RESOLVED AND "HOW TO" CONTACT INFORMATION

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I would not say that i'm getting anything but the run around.

# 1 They don't want you to share info about the problems your having. I don't care.
# 2 No address or contact info on there website, meaning you cannot file with the BBB if you have an issue.

Here is my communication so far.

> LEON SMITH
The product number (can be found on our web page or on your invoice)
RX-F98-FPK
Vehicle type and model year 1998 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Purchase date Oct. 26th 2008

* Fuel pump has quit working after being installed for a week. Car was
driven 20 miles per day, engine is still in break in so I am taking it
easy. NO street racing, no spin outs, nothing to place abnormal stress on
the pump.
Things attempted.
Reverted to factory wiring. Nothing
Replaced factory fuel pump relay. Nothing
Checked all fuses which were fine.
Applied direct power to the pump itself. Nothing

>support@racetronix.com
> Sensitivity: Confidential

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-25-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

Apparently not working out. If this is true, which I believe it is
"You along with 1000's of other customers have success with the product and don't seem to have a problem getting support."
Then you would think if something like this pos up it would and should be handled in a timely manner. No back-flips through hoops just to get an e-mail through.
Also I can't think of any electric motor, operating properly, should need a tap to get it going.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

I can see a electric motor would drive the gears to the pump. However I do not believe that the problem will get a fix by tapping the housing.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have been looking at racetronix pumps but one thing I can't stand is sorry customer service.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shadowsnkx
No address or contact info on there website, meaning you cannot file with the BBB if you have an issue.
Racetronix

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-25-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

using a vendor might be good if you get lucky and they are willing to take a loss to swap you another one. but that would be above and beyond what they are obligated to do. i bought mine from a sponsor and they have done all that i would expect which was making contact with racetronix twice for me before i got my reply from racetronix since my 3 emails got nothing. yeah..i forgot about that part...5 total emails and 11 days for a bs response.

ask any company that sells the kit if they will personally replace the pump if it goes bad. i doubt any would be dumb enough to warranty the pump kit themselves.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:40 AM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Wow, what a bummer! Mine was in my car when I bought it, and still running strong over three years later!
Old 11-21-2008, 01:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Racetronix has sold thousands of pumps, consider if they were answering phones for install/troublshooting questions orders would not be shipped out on time.

A compromise must be made in order to offer such a product, please continue to work with them as they have noted.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

If they are selling so many parts, they need to invest in their customers with a more dedicated support system.
Still no fix.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

So whats up with moving the thread. I believe that it would be more visible in the Fueling & Injection forum where people can see this thread before purchasing the product. Am I trying to make a bad name for racetronix...no, but people need to be aware of what they are getting into before they spend there money and time.

As you stated, "please continue to work with them as they have noted". I am still trying to resolve the issue and like many others I am not getting any help.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Perhaps you are spelling our company name wrong in the e-mail. You did name this thread racetronic. Our company name is Racetronix and the e-mail you must sent the required support info to is support@racetronix.com. Once we get this info into our system we can arrange for an RGA.

Make sure you follow the instructions in our support link:

If you require technical assistance with a product your have bought directly from Racetronix please e-mail support@racetronix.com with the following information:

- Your full name and product number in the subject line i.e. John Doe – F99-FPA
(Blank subject lines or things like ‘RE:’ or ‘problem’ will get deleted by our SPAM filters)

- The product number (can be found on our web page or on your invoice)

- Vehicle type and model year

- Purchaser’s name

- Address where your product was shipped to

- Daytime and evening phone numbers stating your hours of availability

- E-mail address used to make your purchase

- Purchase date

Providing detailed information about your problem, when it occurs and what you have done to diagnose the problem so far will help speed the diagnosis along.

Failure to provide any of the information above may lead to delays in a response from our support department.

It will be assumed that if you are trying to diagnose a problem that the person sending this inquiry has:

- The proper skills, training and environment to safely work on the subject vehicle

- The proper tools to install and remove the subject product

- The proper diagnostic aids (i.e. fuel pressure gauge, multi-meter, scan tool, etc.)

- Access to the factory service manual

In most cases Racetronix support dept. will reply via e-mail to provide diagnostic procedures and documents.

When replying to Racetronix e-mails please keep the circular correspondence going back and forth. Do not remove our circulatory correspondence from your reply e-mail. This will only lead to delays in responding to your e-mail.

Please note Racetronix is a manufacture / distributor and is not open on weekends.

Although the public forums contain information on Racetronix products we do not recommend them as a reliable source for product support.

Please confirm all information with Racetronix or a Racetronix dealer before taking action.

Racetronix
http://www.racetronix.com/
Originally Posted by shadowsnkx
So whats up with moving the thread. I believe that it would be more visible in the Fueling & Injection forum where people can see this thread before purchasing the product. Am I trying to make a bad name for racetronix...no, but people need to be aware of what they are getting into before they spend there money and time.

As you stated, "please continue to work with them as they have noted". I am still trying to resolve the issue and like many others I am not getting any help.
The thread was moved as this is a Sponsor Feedback thread, this is where all Admin and moderators can keep track of what is going on.

Racetronix posted a very informative "how to" quoted here, it will be the only way to resolve this with them directly.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Just an update guys. I purchased a replacement pump from somewhere else, installed it today with no issues. The pump is def dead.

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-25-2008 at 12:40 PM.

Quick Reply: racetronic issue: RESOLVED AND "HOW TO" CONTACT INFORMATION