LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Tick Performance/Yella Terra Will Not Help! (RESOLVED)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 01:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since our name was mentioned in here I wanted to chime in for a second. I did have a short conversation with the OP AND we have done business with Tick on several occasions and we have alot of respect for their quality parts they are known for producing. To say the least we are 100% neutral on this...

I will state the Yella Terra did in fact have a known issue with their YT6645 Roller Rockers. I have been in contact with them on several occasions and it seems there was a batch that went thru and the pushrod cups were misdrilled just enough to cause a weak point in the rocker. This was an ISOLATED incident and no reason to not purchase a set of Yella Terras now or in the future. That being said, we have had 7 customers out of a little over 260 that are running Yella Terras have a failure similar to this. In almost every case we have exchanged the damaged rockers for new replacement rockers and then worked out the issue with Yella Terra directly. That being said, we had some customers where shipping and/or timeframe was an issue so we forwarded them directly to Yella Terra in an effort to expedite things.

While being stuck on the side of the road 20 miles after a new part is installed may indeed suck and not be right, it is part of this hobby AND part of the risk people take when they modify their vehicles.

Best of luck to both parties.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Received the rockers today, refunded $419.99 today. I'd like this thread amended immediately with RESOLVED in the thread title.

Michelle, we won't be doing any business with you in the future so please refrain from placing any further online orders with us.

For the multiple vendors and users otherwise watching this thread, a caveat: avoid doing business with Michelle Skyy and/or Tortured Souls Racing, Inc out of Arlington, TX.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Amended.

Originally Posted by fasttagurl
Bring your car to the track and let's see if I know how to build a car or not. Watch how you talk to me. Don't you have a Ford? Why ON EARTH are you on an LS Site? There's elsewhere you need to be. You don't even know me - mind your business. This does not concern you. Go work on your clunker that never runs. You are just a BIG internet talker that can't even keep the motor running. So LOOK AT YOURSELF, and see that maybe YOU can't install anything right.
Please refrain from insulting other users, moderators or not. This post got you an infraction, the next time, it might get you banned.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:15 PM
FormerVendor

LMAO @ Sharpe... Someone comes into this thread with NO business being in it and gives their .02 and uses profanity and insults the OP and the OP gets an "infraction".... Gotta love society these days...
Old 11-06-2009, 06:01 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttagurl
Bring your car to the track and let's see if I know how to build a car or not. Watch how you talk to me. Don't you have a Ford? Why ON EARTH are you on an LS Site? There's elsewhere you need to be. You don't even know me - mind your business. This does not concern you. Go work on your clunker that never runs. You are just a BIG internet talker that can't even keep the motor running. So LOOK AT YOURSELF, and see that maybe YOU can't install anything right.
You are smoking Crack.. I can't keep a motor together? Please I haven't had any motor issues in over 2 years. I had 1 head gasket problem and that is it. BTW my car isn't a track car, it is a street car with a 6 spd in it. Now if I wanted to make it a track car and put a glide in it, I don't think I would have a problem dragging your ***. I don't give a **** if I know you or not... If you want to run down the hwy I'd be more then happy to show you my tail lights. I haven't taken my car to the track in a couple of years and don't really care to. But I'll probably take my car to Crandle pretty soon and run the 1/4 so if you want to run come on out. I've probably been on here longer then you have just because I drive a Mustang don't me ****. I have both GM and Ford.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by dan03mach
You are smoking Crack..
I'm afraid that due to this reply, I cannot rightfully give the OP an infraction. It has been removed.

Quick Reply: Tick Performance/Yella Terra Will Not Help! (RESOLVED)