LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Tick Performance/Yella Terra Will Not Help! (RESOLVED)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 12:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Tick Performance/Yella Terra Will Not Help! (RESOLVED)

I am working on a friends 2002 Corvette Z06, and we installed the Yella Terra rockers we ordered from Tick Performance. After only driving the car 20 minutes, it started running rough. We pulled over and dis-assembled the valvetrain and found a Yella Terra rocker broke in half. On the same side, one of the pushrods had also broken. This left us practically stranded with no trailer to haul the car back home.

Yella Terra has had several sets of rockers break since their last 6 months of manufacture. Since I bought these from Tick Performance, the "customer service oriented" thing to do would be they refund my money I paid them, and THEY deal with Yella Terra themselves. It's not my problem that Tick Performance outsources their parts. I paid them for the product, and the product is defective so I want a refund. I've contacted Yella Terra directly and got some story that they were out of town all week. So who handles your operations while you are out?

If anyone can help, please let me know. This is over $400 we're talking about and Tick Performance will not assist me at all. Obviously these are non-resellable since one is broken. And, my friend should not be stuck with a defective product.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:27 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Just a random question, what did you check when you installed the YT's?
Old 11-03-2009, 02:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We make our terms of purchase very clear on our website: http://www.tick-performance.com/terms/#warranty

I hate that you ran into a problem with the Yella Terras, but I feel like I was very helpful twice on the phone with you, even getting the phone number to Yella Terra for you. You contacted Yella Terra, and they are out of the office for a time - this happens in the automotive performance industry, and it is something that we cannot help.

That being said - if you absolutely can't wait until next week to contact the manufacturer about your problem with their parts, send them back to me and we'll refund you out.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:36 PM
10 Second Club

Lash and Pushrod Length. Why?
Old 11-03-2009, 02:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joey@TickPerf
We make our terms of purchase very clear on our website: http://www.tick-performance.com/terms/#warranty

I hate that you ran into a problem with the Yella Terras, but I feel like I was very helpful twice on the phone with you, even getting the phone number to Yella Terra for you. You contacted Yella Terra, and they are out of the office for a time - this happens in the automotive performance industry, and it is something that we cannot help.

That being said - if you absolutely can't wait until next week to contact the manufacturer about your problem with their parts, send them back to me and we'll refund you out.
No, helpful would have been you taking them back in the first place, and not send me on a goose chase and having to wait on Yella Terra. When LMR is out-of-pocket they still have other people helping their customers. It's sad I had to get on here just to get this resolved. How long will it take you to credit my card? I can overnight these to you if you'd like. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't feel like I sent you on a "goose chase" at all. I gave you the direct line to the manufacturer of the parts that you ran into a problem with. Again, I can't help the fact that Yella Terra wasn't able to take care of your case immediately. Sad? In your case, to keep from being called "unwilling" and "non-responsive" online, I'm willing to accept a return and offer a refund on parts that we didn't install, and had nothing to do with their failure - even though we made the terms of the purchase very clear on our website before you placed your order.

I'll refund your card as soon as the parts arrive - send them however you'd like.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:02 PM
10 Second Club

Joey/Tick-

You may not want to sell these rockers anymore - They are leaving people stranded on the road. In the name of customer service, not every person can remember to read all the policies, etc. Look at how many sponsors we have on this site! I just figured by the time I called you the second time, and was a little frustrated, that you would have took the return then and made my day.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:13 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttagurl
Lash and Pushrod Length. Why?
You missed one.

You may not want to sell these rockers anymore - They are leaving people stranded on the road.
Could you post up these examples of cars being "stranded on the road"? I installed about 20 sets of these this year, and a much bigger shop down the street from me has probably installed 50+ sets. To my knowledge, neither of us have had a failure.

I hate to seem like I'm jumping on you in Tick's behalf, because I'm not. I just can't help myself when I see people making bogus demands against other shops. Tick didn't manufacture your part, their warranty policy is pretty clear on their website, and they did exactly what I would have done. Given you YT's phone #. Tick, or any other sponsor on this forum cannot be held accountable for a failure from the manufacturer, on a part(s) they didn't even install.

Good luck with your situation.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Damian
You missed one.

Could you post up these examples of cars being "stranded on the road"? I installed about 20 sets of these this year, and a much bigger shop down the street from me has probably installed 50+ sets. To my knowledge, neither of us have had a failure.

I hate to seem like I'm jumping on you in Tick's behalf, because I'm not. I just can't help myself when I see people making bogus demands against other shops. Tick didn't manufacture your part, their warranty policy is pretty clear on their website, and they did exactly what I would have done. Given you YT's phone #. Tick, or any other sponsor on this forum cannot be held accountable for a failure from the manufacturer, on a part(s) they didn't even install.

Good luck with your situation.
I was stranded on the road = unacceptable. Also, another well-known shop has told me that 6-7 sets of Yella Terra's have broken on them in the past 6-7 months. If you are a shop, you don't stand behind what you sell? If not, you should not be selling the part. (policy or not) Whether Tick made the part or not, to provide good customer service they should issue a refund for the part since I paid them directly and then they deal with Yella Terra since they buy the rockers from them. I should not have to deal with a "3rd party" to get a refund. I'm not making any bogus requests, it's a simple one that should not be a problem. Tick has already agreed to issue the refund to me once they get the rockers.

And, you don't know me so don't assume that I do not know how to install parts correctly. You'd be surprized what I know how to do. Congrats for being on the Tick bandwagon.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I think this may be our first negative feedback posted here in the feedback section. Our customer service is top notch and Joey does a fantastic job. If the part was a part we manufactured there would have been no questions asked. We are the third party when it comes to Yella Terra. We make a few bucks on them and thats it...hardly worth dealing with. We're not Summit Racing, we're a 3 man crew that offers the best service we can. Yella Terra would have handled the situation for you with a little patience but instead we have to wait to contact YT just like you.

What it boils down to is you want a refund, not another set of YT rockers. If thats the case, you should send your rockers back. In turn you will pay the 20% restocking fee that we charge for all returns (normally something we wouldn't offer for a used part). Joey was very kind to come on here and offer you a refund at all...you should be happy that he saw and replied to this thread before I came across it.

We've installed plenty of the rockers and haven't seen a failure yet. The issue with the rockers could have been an issue with the geometry, regardless of how much lifter pre-load was there determined by pushrod legnth...but more than likely it was just a faulty rocker.

-Jonathan
Old 11-05-2009, 08:16 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
I think this may be our first negative feedback posted here in the feedback section. Our customer service is top notch and Joey does a fantastic job. If the part was a part we manufactured there would have been no questions asked. We are the third party when it comes to Yella Terra. We make a few bucks on them and thats it...hardly worth dealing with. We're not Summit Racing, we're a 3 man crew that offers the best service we can. Yella Terra would have handled the situation for you with a little patience but instead we have to wait to contact YT just like you.

What it boils down to is you want a refund, not another set of YT rockers. If thats the case, you should send your rockers back. In turn you will pay the 20% restocking fee that we charge for all returns (normally something we wouldn't offer for a used part). Joey was very kind to come on here and offer you a refund at all...you should be happy that he saw and replied to this thread before I came across it.

We've installed plenty of the rockers and haven't seen a failure yet. The issue with the rockers could have been an issue with the geometry, regardless of how much lifter pre-load was there determined by pushrod legnth...but more than likely it was just a faulty rocker.

-Jonathan
I definetly should not be charged a restocking fee; It is not my fault the product was highly defective. I will need a full refund for sure. I've already ate $35 for the shipping so you could recieve them this Friday. Yella Terra should give you a full refund. Please address this properly and issue me a $419 refund. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I definetly should not be charged a restocking fee; It is not my fault the product was highly defective. I will need a full refund for sure. I've already ate $35 for the shipping so you could recieve them this Friday. Yella Terra should give you a full refund. Please address this properly and issue me a $419 refund. Thanks.
I can see that there is no use arguing with you over this matter. You will get a full refund, because Joey said he would refund you. With that said, for future reference to anyone that reads this post: We should not and will not allow someone to bully us by posting negative feedback about us due to a faulty part that we did not even manufacturer. It is no more our fault that the part broke than your fault, if the part and not the install was the defect.

In the future we will refund money for un-used parts only and will charge a restocking fee at our discretion. Used parts that fail will be the manufacturers responsibility and there will be no refunds. We'll be glad to handle the exchange process with any manufacturer for a faulty product that we sold, but refunds for used and broken parts are out of the question.

I'm sorry it has to be this way, but if we give full refunds to everyone who buys a high performance part that breaks we would quickly go out of business. YT will not refund us, they will replace the rockers and the money it costs us to ship them in will erase the profit we made during the initial sale. In turn we'll be stuck with another set of rockers on the shelf tying up our money. We will also be hit with a fee from our credit card processing company for the issued return. This is just one of the reasons for "restocking" fees. Welcome to reality.

-Jonathan
Old 11-06-2009, 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs down

I can see that there is no use arguing with you over this matter. You will get a full refund, because Joey said he would refund you. With that said, for future reference to anyone that reads this post: We should not and will not allow someone to bully us by posting negative feedback about us due to a faulty part that we did not even manufacturer. It is no more our fault that the part broke than your fault, if the part and not the install was the defect.

In the future we will refund money for un-used parts only and will charge a restocking fee at our discretion. Used parts that fail will be the manufacturers responsibility and there will be no refunds. We'll be glad to handle the exchange process with any manufacturer for a faulty product that we sold, but refunds for used and broken parts are out of the question.

I'm sorry it has to be this way, but if we give full refunds to everyone who buys a high performance part that breaks we would quickly go out of business. YT will not refund us, they will replace the rockers and the money it costs us to ship them in will erase the profit we made during the initial sale. In turn we'll be stuck with another set of rockers on the shelf tying up our money. We will also be hit with a fee from our credit card processing company for the issued return. This is just one of the reasons for "restocking" fees. Welcome to reality.

-Jonathan
I definetly HAVE NOT "bullied you", and I do not appreciate such an accusation. Can you honestly say that you've been selling the Yella Terra rockers and DID NOT KNOW that certain sets were made defective by the manufacturer 6 months ago in production? How can you not know that? I called up Vengeance and he was quick to be honest with me and let me know that 5-6 sets of their YT rockers broke due to YT not making the pushrod hole in the correct place. At that point YT should have had a "recall" on ALL their rockers to prevent customer dissatisfaction in the future. But you continue to sell them.

This is a special case with the part; I would never expect to get a refund on every performance part that broke. Hell, do you know how many parts I've been through as my car got faster? I do not appreciate the "welcome to reality" comment; I am very well aware of how shops operate and the cost to keep them. Don't assume that your customers are not knowledgable about how your company works.

The part should arrive this morning at Tick; Please let me know if you need anything further from me for the credit.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

It's sad I had to get on here just to get this resolved.
I take this statement as you're trying to "bully" us by making a negative post on a public forum. We told you what we could do for you over the phone, then you bully us by making this post. What Joey should have told you and what I would have told you is to pound sand if you don't want another set of rockers. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY gives full refunds on used and/or broken parts. END OF STORY!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:14 AM
10 Second Club

I take this statement as you're trying to "bully" us by making a negative post on a public forum. We told you what we could do for you over the phone, then you bully us by making this post. What Joey should have told you and what I would have told you is to pound sand if you don't want another set of rockers. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY gives full refunds on used and/or broken parts. END OF STORY!!!
The statement is true. What Tick told me over the phone was to call Yella Terra and deal with them. That's NOT Tick offering to help me themselves, originally. And news to you, people DO give refunds on DEFECTIVE parts all the time! You act like this part was not defective and that I just chose to return it to you. You are not handling this very nicely right now; you've agreed to a refund but you continue to HASSLE me here! Quit selling BAD PARTS and you won't have a problem! I know I wouldn't. "Pound sand?" You seem to not care about etiquette towards your customers, do you? I am GREATLY SURPRIZED at some of your responses on here!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:30 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The statement is true. What Tick told me over the phone was to call Yella Terra and deal with them. That's NOT Tick offering to help me themselves, originally. And news to you, people DO give refunds on DEFECTIVE parts all the time! You act like this part was not defective and that I just chose to return it to you. You are not handling this very nicely right now; you've agreed to a refund but you continue to HASSLE me here! Quit selling BAD PARTS and you won't have a problem! I know I wouldn't. "Pound sand?" You seem to not care about etiquette towards your customers, do you? I am GREATLY SURPRIZED at some of your responses on here!
We have installed these rockers and had zero failures. I did not know about the problem if there was one. And nowhere have I said the part was not defective. If you have a defective part, it gets replaced. If you have an unused part you wish to return, it gets refunded. And when something gets returned theres usually a restocking fee. Thats how it works and thats what I have posted all along. We've made an exception for you, and one would think that you would not continue to post before recieving the refund.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:18 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets get this straight, You bought a part from said shop, You installed the part, the part broke and you want the shop to refund your money? LMFAO Now if they installed the part I'm sure they would fix the issue but since You installed them how are they responssible for a part that they just sale. They didn't make it. That is why manufactures have their own warranty on parts and if something breaks you can usually send it back to them. But in most cases there is no warranty on performance parts... For the part to break after just 20 miles I would be that it was installed wrong.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dan03mach
Lets get this straight, You bought a part from said shop, You installed the part, the part broke and you want the shop to refund your money? LMFAO Now if they installed the part I'm sure they would fix the issue but since You installed them how are they responssible for a part that they just sale. They didn't make it. That is why manufactures have their own warranty on parts and if something breaks you can usually send it back to them. But in most cases there is no warranty on performance parts... For the part to break after just 20 miles I would be that it was installed wrong.
Manufacturer defect, read the entire thread. No one asked for your opinion. DFW haters not wanted in here.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:26 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manufacturer defect, read the entire thread. No one asked for your opinion. DFW haters not wanted in here.
Manfatures defect is just that, a manufactures problem so take it up with the manufacture and not the shop that You ordered the parts from.

I did read the thread. And it sounds like you are trying to get a shop that sold you a performance part to warranty that part. I haven't heard of a shop that will warranty a part manufactured by someone else. I still say you fucked up on the install and want to put the blame on someone else and try to get your money back. And I'm not a DFW hater that is just common sense to any one but I guess you are not just anyone. So you lack that part. You want to hear about what people think of this. Here read this then.

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...hreadid=816173
Old 11-06-2009, 01:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dan03mach
Manfatures defect is just that, a manufactures problem so take it up with the manufacture and not the shop that You ordered the parts from.

I did read the thread. And it sounds like you are trying to get a shop that sold you a performance part to warranty that part. I haven't heard of a shop that will warranty a part manufactured by someone else. I still say you fucked up on the install and want to put the blame on someone else and try to get your money back. And I'm not a DFW hater that is just common sense to any one but I guess you are not just anyone. So you lack that part. You want to hear about what people think of this. Here read this then.

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...hreadid=816173
Bring your car to the track and let's see if I know how to build a car or not. Watch how you talk to me. Don't you have a Ford? Why ON EARTH are you on an LS Site? There's elsewhere you need to be. You don't even know me - mind your business. This does not concern you. Go work on your clunker that never runs. You are just a BIG internet talker that can't even keep the motor running. So LOOK AT YOURSELF, and see that maybe YOU can't install anything right.

Quick Reply: Tick Performance/Yella Terra Will Not Help! (RESOLVED)