LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Texas Speed....:(....NOT impressed

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Texas Speed....:(....NOT impressed

So I dropped 800 of my hard earned dollars recently at Texas Speed. Turned out I should of spent my money else where and so should you.

I ordered a custom cam, spring kit, gasket kit, the works.

I happen to be in the military so my credit card address is my parents which is quite a few hours a way from where I live. So they send the package there. I drive hundreds of miles and go get it. I didn't complain...

I get the whole engine apart with some buddies and everything goes perfectly and one of the last things I needed to do was put the pushrods in, rockers and then the valve covers and I am done!! And then I see they are etched and they are the wrong size. Didn't know they etched the size on pushrods. No big deal. I'll call up TSP and they will fix this ASAP since all I hear are great things about TSP from everyone one tech. I check my invoice to make sure I didn't order the wrong ones. Nope, I ordered the right ones.

I just got off the phone with Matt and I couldn't be more pissed off.

So he says he'll rush out the right size ASAP....via UPS GROUND. Gee thanks for that rush of a service when I could of had this done last weekend when I had an extra pair of hands.

So I just say "ok, I'd like an ARP bolt" since the shitty gasket set didn't come with the right bolt, (WHICH I THOUGHT WAS ARP) Why would you guys send out a GM bolt when every one says it's a horrible idea because you'll strip out the threads?

So they can't throw that in for the inconvenience they have caused me and the time wasted. Actually they didn't really do anything for me but ship out parts from other companies and give me the wrong ones in the process.

So I just say, "that's fine, charge it on the card you have on file." Then I got mad "ok we'll send that to your billing address"...

Gee thanks, I can't wait to drive another few hundred miles and pick up the parts.

I said no thanks and asked if i can just ship back the wrong parts and I'll get it else where.

Maybe someone at Texas Speed that cares will read this and send it to MY HOUSE with the correct parts.

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:42 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My apologies for the mix-up in shipping and them sending the incorrect pushrods! I'm sorry that happened to your order! I offered to correct it immediately. We were going to ship the correct pushrods same day, without charging you for them or anything, simply asking that you put the tag on the box for the incorrect ones could get back here. Most companies would make you pay for the correct ones in the meantime, because most do not ship ANY parts without payment, and would have to have the others back before shipping to lessen the risk of getting burnt. You seemed fine with that.

Then you explained you thought you were getting an ARP crank bolt with your package. You paid for a GM bolt, so I offered to ship you the ARP bolt and I would pay for its shipping since I was taking care of the shipping on the pushrods today anyway. I'm sorry that I cannot give away parts. We did make a mistake on the pushrods and would be glad to fix it, but we do not give parts away like that (what company does?). Next, when I explained the credit card policy, which is that we only ship to verified billing addresses, your tone immediately changed and you told me to cancel it and that you'd return the pushrods and buy them and the bolt elsewhere. I explained to you that it would only take a quick phone call to the credit company to add the alternate address so I could ship there, and you declined.

You never asked for rush shipping or even mentioned it. The original pushrods were shipped ground well over a month ago, so I assumed this was not a major rush job and that ground would be ok. If asked, we would have covered rush, but again your attitude had already changed and you did not want to let me help at that point.

We give EVERYBODY the opportunity to have their parts shipped anywhere they want, but we do ask that simple process be followed to cover ourselves from fraud. It's less than a 5 minute phone call to the bank or credit company, and only had to be verified once and then your future orders can ship there no problem.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 04-13-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

The reason I ordered it a month ago was because I had one free weekend with my schedule to get a cam and spring kit installed with weather cooperating. So everything is counting on the right parts arriving to MY address when I have a free weekend and extra hands.

**** happens, that's why I was perfectly nice over the phone and the fact that you guys couldn't throw in an ARP bolt for such a large order after you guys messed it up, is pretty hilarious.

I had my torque converter restalled by Yank for half this amount and they threw in free converter bolts simply cuz I asked, which actually cost the same amount as this ARP bolt.

Not today or the day I ordered did anyone offer me a way to get them shipped to my house. So now you are lying? Even though I mentioned I wasn't happy about it when I ordered it originally, no one said I could change the address.

I even said, "is there anyway you can get it to my house." and the answer was simply "no". If you tape conversations you'd hear that this option was never offered. So now I had to drive and spend 30 dollars in gas in a car that gets 30MPG to drive to my parents house and pick up the parts and take time out of my day. And now you want to do the same thing again and I can't have the parts for a few more days.

Who wouldn't be a bit upset after that, before that I was fine. I didn't yell, scream or say anything mean or call names, I simply was not happy with the company you work for.

I allowed you to correct the problem, quickly and promptly but you didn't offer to ship it quickly unless I ask? You work for the company, you should strive to do your best. Other companies overnight the product if THEY make the mistake. (Summit)

Now I got parts I don't want...

Just please give me your address and I'll gladly ship back the parts and give my hard earned money to someone else.

I actually thought I was out of line with all this, but after I talked to several other car enthusiasts if they've ever had a problem, i kept getting responses like, no they gave me some credit, over night shipping, something to fix the problem, and their orders costed no where near the price mine did.

It took KYSPEED a couple weeks to ship out my cutout and he explained he was sorry and took some off the price. I thanked him and I will continue to shop their cuz he explained the problem was his fault and comped me for it...that was a 180 dollar order.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tim,

I apologize again for the problem with your order. If you want to send the parts back for a refund you are free to do so. However, if you want to keep the parts and have us correct the problem with the pushrods, I will upgrade the shipping to 3-Day Select so you can have them for the weekend. I don't see the point in overnighting unless you are trying to work on the car tomorrow. However, you need to call Matt or myself now so I can still get it out today.

On the ARP bolt, if you had purchased the ARP bolt, then absolutely you should have received one. Being that you ordered a GM Camshaft Gasket kit, it came with the GM bolt. There is NOTHING wrong with a GM bolt. We sell several of these packages daily and haven't had a single complaint about hurting threads using them. I would say that is some internet hearsay. Either way, we can not give away parts. That simply isn't good business.

If you want me to upgrade the shipping to get it to you by the weekend that is fine but sending out parts you didn't order can't be done. We have no problem correcting our mistakes. Again, we apologize for the frustration it has caused and you are free to do whatever you would like as far as keeping or returning the parts as long as they are unopened in original packaging.

Let us know what you would like to do.

Jon Reynolds
Sales Manager
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 04-13-2010, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
Tim,

I apologize again for the problem with your order. If you want to send the parts back for a refund you are free to do so. However, if you want to keep the parts and have us correct the problem with the pushrods, I will upgrade the shipping to 3-Day Select so you can have them for the weekend. I don't see the point in overnighting unless you are trying to work on the car tomorrow. However, you need to call Matt or myself now so I can still get it out today.

On the ARP bolt, if you had purchased the ARP bolt, then absolutely you should have received one. Being that you ordered a GM Camshaft Gasket kit, it came with the GM bolt. There is NOTHING wrong with a GM bolt. We sell several of these packages daily and haven't had a single complaint about hurting threads using them. I would say that is some internet hearsay. Either way, we can not give away parts. That simply isn't good business.

If you want me to upgrade the shipping to get it to you by the weekend that is fine but sending out parts you didn't order can't be done. We have no problem correcting our mistakes. Again, we apologize for the frustration it has caused and you are free to do whatever you would like as far as keeping or returning the parts as long as they are unopened in original packaging.

Let us know what you would like to do.

Jon Reynolds
Sales Manager
Texas Speed & Performance
I keep getting a busy signal, please feel free to give me a call back any time.

And I did open the package. I about put the pushrods in the motor till I seen the etching on them with the wrong size. I suppose now I can't return them?

Last edited by allbaugh_04; 04-13-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:13 PM
FormerVendor

The pushrods are the wrong part. Obviously I know you opened them. I'm talking about if you want to return the rest of the parts, i.e. gaskets, etc. that I can't resell if they have been opened.

I will call you in a second and we can get any problems you have lined out.

Jon
Old 04-13-2010, 05:38 PM
FormerVendor

Pushrods shipped 3-day today so you will have them friday. Problem solved.

Jon
Old 04-13-2010, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you.

Quick Reply: Texas Speed....:(....NOT impressed