LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Waiting on Speed Inc fuel rails

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Waiting on Speed Inc fuel rails

I am not one to write negative feedback on vendors and understand better than most that relying on others to make the parts you sale causes more headaches than they are worth. But I'm 30 days into waiting on parts the were supposed to be delivered in 10.

Long story short, I ordered a set of fuel rails from on the June 22nd. The next day I get an email from James saying they were on back order for 10 days and would ship after that. Feeling good about the communication, I accept that answer and wait until July 8th and email them asking for an update. Get a response from James saying now they aren't sure, "Tom was the one who told me they were on backorder". I don't know who Tom is (or who James is) for that matter, I just want the rails so i can finish my fuel system. I reply back saying so much but haven't heard back since. We're now a month into it and I'm at a point where I neeeeeeeeeeeed the fuel rails.

The price on them is right and I ordered a month out to give plenty of time for issues like this but I haven't heard anything in a couple weeks so I need to get something in the works.

Tom, James, whoever at Speed Inc - Can you help me get these rails in so I can get this little spousal hot button done and save me a few "I told you so's" and "Why the hell did you build a car when we are building a house's"? Happy wife means happy modding.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

James got back with me this afternoon. He had no update on when the rails would ship but said I can upgrade or refund. All in all, decent communication through out the process so far.

Last edited by Speed; 07-22-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Banned

To anyone that sees this thread, the rails ordered are the budget fuel rails not our hi flow rails. The budget rails for ls1 and ls2 are more often than not on back order. If anyone is looking for these rails, please call or e-mail to verify that they are readily available. Our hi flow rails and install kits are of better quality, and normally on the shelf with different color options for the rails and fittings. They are similar to the FAST and Aeromotive fuel rails but at a MUCH more affordable price.

847 891 0767

Sales@SpeedInc.com

Old 07-23-2010, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Bryan. This information would have been good to know before I actually ordered the rails (perhaps changing the website to stop people from ordering indefinitely out of stock items). So the question still remains, the original word was 10 days. Now the word is indefinitely. What do I need to do to put fuel rails on my car?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Banned

I believe you worked the order out with James correct? let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

Bryan
Old 07-30-2010, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yup. I just paid extra for the upgraded rails you had in stock and James hooked me up with some fittings I needed.

Quick Reply: Waiting on Speed Inc fuel rails