LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

FYI JPR and JD agreed to work with me .

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 04:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We do appreciate what JD is doing - it means a TON to people who still believe in honest work for honest pay. Congrats to you Mike K.!!!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 04:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like we lost a good sponsor because of a few immature a-holes who really have no idea what they are talking about. I read all those bs posts. Maybe they post drunk or on crack or something. I would be willing to bet that most of the crap they type they would never say to the guys face. JD has mailed me a few times to help me out on my motor. I never went to him first. Who else does that? Now he is going to install and tune it and the punks who ran him off can kiss my ***. I'm pissed.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, I am glad to hear that JD is going to take care of your car. I have been out of touch due to business but can't believe and don't understand why JD is leaving the Forum.

I want everyone to ask themselves... "would you have made all of the cars right that JPR worked on IF YOU were JD?" Seriously guys... THINK ABOUT IT!!! I bet you would be HARD pressed to find another MAN anywhere that would stand up like JD has.

Joe D., I hope that you are reading this post because you know that I mean every word of what I am writing. You are the best!

Guys, I now own one of the strongest pulling Vettes you've ever bolted yourself into. This machine SCREAMS and my hat is forever off to JD.

One last note... The Internet is powerful. But I wonder if all of us would say the things we do in person that we say over the Internet? Probably not; otherwise some of us would end up in the hospital, wouldn't we? Remember, we hold people's HARD earned reputations in our hands when we speak out on this Forum.

I hope that MANY of you guys will NOW take the time to personally give JD a call at his shop (215-938-9270). Let him know that you appreciate what you have had a chance to witness firsthand. This guy deserves our support because all he has done is support us!!! Come on guys... get out from behind your keyboards and realize that collectively we have hurt this man and it is now our turn to stand up.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a set of heads reported by JPR. JD's shop did the finishing valve work.

JPR was a little slower than I would have liked in getting back to me and half the time didn't seem to have time to talk to me.

I believe during that time the two shops were being combined. In the end JD's shop handled all conversations and transactions for the work being performed.

I can definitely say JD was prompt in returning emails and phone calls.

Brandon Rooker
Old 01-22-2004, 10:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Just want to say again thanks to JPR and JD for stepping up and helping me out in this situation. It really is cool of JD to take care of and help JPR with alot of his issues. Also FWIW JPR never disagreed with me at all. He agreed from the beginning to work something out with me but I think it was JD who sealed the deal even after we argued several times over the phone.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

argued several times over the phone.
It is a comment like this which leaves the red flag beside the sponsor's name when it comes time for me to purchase products of considerable value online. Customer service is a huge part of running any business. It may be a good thing that both JPR and JD have pulled their sponsorships. If they can not be online or have a representative of theirs online to deal with issues that have arisen from their work or their "comments" then they probably should not be a sponsor. JPR had personal issues and JD I remember saying he (paraphrasing)"was writing his last post". What that says to me is that they want your future business but do not want to respond to any questions you have about it. A business like that is only asking for "bashing" threads. I know from personal experience that phone conversations in general suck ***, especially if the person on the other end is trying to prove a point or get their side of the story in. I do about 90% of my shopping online because of that (get comments in writing) and I use this forum as a guage on where to take my business, so if I had an issue I would use this "public" forum to address or express my personal experiences w/ a sponsor of this or not of this site.

I am only expressing my view from reading most of the threads about the 3 main issues. I know how I felt after reading comments from both sides of each issue and I must say it has not changed now. Leaving a customer in the dark or fixing something while still complaining about it is just BS.

I direct my final comment to JPR: You stated that you lost 11k I believe over this whole fiasco and that it
started a panic amongst the 63K worth of customers
Did you ever think that those customers used ls1tech.com as their info directory when choosing which sponsor gets their business?
So please both JD and JPR get your problems sorted out and become sponsors again, running away from issues is not a good business practice.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:37 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk~2000~Z28
It is a comment like this which leaves the red flag beside the sponsor's name when it comes time for me to purchase products of considerable value online. Customer service is a huge part of running any business. It may be a good thing that both JPR and JD have pulled their sponsorships. If they can not be online or have a representative of theirs online to deal with issues that have arisen from their work or their "comments" then they probably should not be a sponsor. JPR had personal issues and JD I remember saying he (paraphrasing)"was writing his last post". What that says to me is that they want your future business but do not want to respond to any questions you have about it. A business like that is only asking for "bashing" threads. I know from personal experience that phone conversations in general suck ***, especially if the person on the other end is trying to prove a point or get their side of the story in. I do about 90% of my shopping online because of that (get comments in writing) and I use this forum as a guage on where to take my business, so if I had an issue I would use this "public" forum to address or express my personal experiences w/ a sponsor of this or not of this site.

I am only expressing my view from reading most of the threads about the 3 main issues. I know how I felt after reading comments from both sides of each issue and I must say it has not changed now. Leaving a customer in the dark or fixing something while still complaining about it is just BS.

I direct my final comment to JPR: You stated that you lost 11k I believe over this whole fiasco and that it
Did you ever think that those customers used ls1tech.com as their info directory when choosing which sponsor gets their business?
So please both JD and JPR get your problems sorted out and become sponsors again, running away from issues is not a good business practice.

Yes, 11K in hard cash out of pocket right away, along with returned engines/parts/heads and 4 cancelled 427 orders from the Corvette club of America president (Bear knows first hand about that personally) all that BS uproar almost destroyed my buissness, you can ask Mike K or Vince how many engines and heads were different stages of assembly sitting in our shop before hell broke loose, aproximatly 6-7 engines and 8 sets of heads, you add it up, there all gone now.

I'm not sure what you mean by "running away from issues"? you mean sit on the PC all day and fight our point with a faceless persons one side of there story? I believe we addressed every issue via telephone or e-mail. Were not sponsors here so there is no more explaining to do, but I sure do re-butt threads alot, must mean I cared at least at one point, it's done.

JP
Old 01-24-2004, 11:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think the reason JD pulled his sponsor was because he dosen't have the time to deal with BS. If he spends two hours a day reading and replying to this BS, that's two hours of production he's behind. Most of you people work for someone else and you have time to be on the net. I'm JD's best friend and a customer that's spent over 40k in his shop. Most of the time when I've called him, he doesn't have time to talk to me. He was supposed to meet me today and at 2pm said he would be leaving his shop in a few minutes. Well at 4:30 I called and he was still there trying to finnish up. At 5pm he e-mailed me and said he couldn't meet me.. He doesn't even have time to socialize. He works 16 hour days Monday-Friday and 10 hours on Sat. and sometimes Sunday. He told me, this is why he left. RAY
Old 01-24-2004, 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

you mean sit on the PC all day and fight our point
If fighting your point is backing your customers who have chosen your product then yes. If fighting your point means trying to explain yourself to people like me who have never dealt with you personally, then no I do not mean that. I only like reading threads about people who have direct dealings with the topics.

It is unfortunate how things turned out, but I still hope your work can be advertised here again. You had some of the best HP numbers and I am sure that was a direct result of your porting abilities. Keep us informed on that new head you guys were collaborating on.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mike, just out of curiosity, is your MAFT missing one of its *****?
Old 01-25-2004, 04:00 PM
TECH Junkie

nope, I have two of them now and both have all *****.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:51 AM
Staging Lane

If fighting your point is backing your customers who have chosen your product then yes. If fighting your point means trying to explain yourself to people like me who have never dealt with you personally, then no I do not mean that. I only like reading threads about people who have direct dealings with the topics.

It is unfortunate how things turned out, but I still hope your work can be advertised here again. You had some of the best HP numbers and I am sure that was a direct result of your porting abilities. Keep us informed on that new head you guys were collaborating on.
FIRST OF ALL--I DO NOT THINK AT ALL THAT ME NOR JOE PRINCE--AVOIDED ANY ISSUES NOR REPAIRS!!!!!!!

SO I DON'T SEE ANY BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES HERE--OR MAYBE I AM MISSING SOMETHING??

SO IF YOU WANT TO PLAT THE WORD GAME AND TWIST **** AROUND-THEN DO THAT.

AND AGAIN--PLEASE DON'T THREATEN ME WITH THE "I WAS GOING TO GET WORK DONE THERE'' BUT I READ THIS ON THE INTERNET!!

PLEASE DEAL WITH REAL CUSTOMERS IN REAL LIFE,WHO ACTUALLY HAD WORK DONE!!!THAT MEANS TALKING TO REAL LIVE REFERRALS--NOT KEYBOARD REFERRALS!!!

I HAVE COMPLETELY HAD IT WITH THE BS----AND PLEASE DON'T JUDGE MY COMPANY ON BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES--HAVE YOU EVER RUN A BUSINESS????

JOE D.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:55 AM
Staging Lane

Default Bad Business

DID YOU EVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH A SITUATION LIKE THIS AND STRAIGHTEN IT ALL OUT AS FAST AS POSSIBLE--WELL WE DID!!!!!!!!!

I JUST DON'T WANT TO HAVE IT START UP AGAIN---PEOPLE LIKE YOU THINK YOU CAN RUN SOMEONE'S BUSINESS FROM A KEYBAORD--THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

I STAND BEHIND EVERYTHING THAT GOES OUT MY DOOR----IT IS 110% WHEN IT LEAVES.

SO THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR BUSINESS CLASS--BUT NO THANK YOU
JOE D.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

Default Racing

CHECK
Old 01-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

I can't believe that people (who don't know anything about JD) want to continue to bash him. I have PERSONAL experience with JD. He completely went through my engine for ZERO charge and made it like NEW. Again, I do NOT know of anyone that would have done that... JD DID! Again, THANKS JD!!!

To respond to JD's question ... I have run my own business. AND, I can tell you (from experience) that it is difficult dealing with all of the different personalities (especially when they want to bash you). But, to pull $MONEY$ out of your pocket and make something good that another man worked on, is beyond the call of duty.

I thought that by asking you guys to stand up for JD that you would. Again, all I can say is, "JD has stood up for me". That much I do know from PERSONAL experience, not 2nd hand or hearsay.

JD, all I can say is that if people choose to beat you it is only because they have nothing better to do than to start trouble. After all, it's easy to tear things down but it takes, talent, time & patience to build something.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanx George. I've been JD'S customer for years and spent over 40k with him on a few cars. Someday some of these people might realize how great JD is, but most of them just like to bash people and wouldn't spend a nickel to see Christ come back.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:05 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

but most of them just like to bash people and wouldn't spend a nickel to see Christ come back.
....That's a good one...

Quick Reply: FYI JPR and JD agreed to work with me .