LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

FYI JPR and JD agreed to work with me .

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FYI JPR and JD agreed to work with me .

I just thought I would report to you guys that JPR and JD agreed that if I sent them my block, heads, and computer that they would repair it with stock replacement parts (rods/pistons) for free and that If I wanted to go forged that I would only have to pay for parts. They will also reflash my pcm with a better tune. I also received my throttlebody a couple weeks ago and even though it did take several months to get it is an excellent peice. Though they are not sponsors here anymore I figured I would share this as they did offer to repair free of charge exactly what is broken which is my cylinders, heads, and they will re flash my pcm with a safer program.

I'll report back once the motor is done to let you guys know how it went.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good deal.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Good stuff
Old 01-21-2004, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

Thats good to hear, hopefully you can get things straightened out. We will be waiting to know the results!
Old 01-21-2004, 11:48 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 01-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome!!!
Old 01-21-2004, 12:01 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Thanks for the report.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you don't mind me asking what happened to your car for you to send it back?

I had my car tuned at JD's and it run good at the track but my drivability was horrible. I went back and forth with JD's several times and they were never able to keep my converter locked after I did a cam install. From what I know now that is a pretty simple issue to fix. After 2 trips to JD's and still not having a locking converter, they would no longer return my calls. At this point I was so fed up I just went to Mikey at Rapid Motorsports. When Mikey took a look at the program they had loaded in my car he said " its a wonder your car is still running". My timing was all over the place; my IAC's were crazy (I think somewhere around 150). Basically, I had a horrible experience with JD's and he blamed my issues on my car not their tuning.

Do you know who actually did the tuning?

They had someone from outside there shop come in to do my tuning. I think his name was Brian.

Let me know how you make out. Good Luck
Old 01-21-2004, 01:16 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Thumbs up

Sweet! Are you going to go forged?

Coach
Old 01-21-2004, 01:18 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Just a heads up, but JD's Auto and JPR are no longer sponsors here. They decided to withdraw their sponsorship due to all the ****-talking that has been going around in their threads.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Just a heads up, but JD's Auto and JPR are no longer sponsors here. They decided to withdraw their sponsorship due to all the ****-talking that has been going around in their threads.
Wow.... Seriously? My first thought is "Life's a Bitch. Live by the internet....Die by the internet.". Im glad that JD has many happy in-person customers and a good reputation. But JPR had essentially lost that, and now it seems that JD bit off more than he expected. Now its beginning to sound like Joe was having difficulties keeping things afloat and decided to take a job as a head porter for JD. In the beginning they thought there was more good than bad in maintaining the online customer base. Now I guess they bailed on them.

JPR............Out of Business

MTI just keeps looking better and better and better....
Old 01-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I sent JD a email asking him to come back. I personally think if this is really how JD does business. I would think he would be perfect as a Sponsor. It takes a strong individual to step up and help out someone else's business when they do not have too.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I am glad to hear that they are going to help you out Mike, especially in light of the nature of some of the posts I read -- it really seemed like Vince might have burned some bridges for you. I am glad everyone was able to see beyond the personal attacks and get this worked out.

And again for JD, thanks for working with everyone to get these problems taken care of, especially since they are mostly inherrited problems. I personally really look forward to getting my car back running right, and appreciate the time you have taken to make sure every part is right and setup right.

I think it is a shame that you have withdrawn sponsorship, and I hope you reconsider because really it is a great advetising vehicle on the one side and also a way of responding to problems on the other. I do not think the current flush of problems would be typical going forwards.

Also worth considering -- more and more people do their research using the internet now, to turn a blind eye to it is almost like saying your business doesnt need the telephone. Its not just a bunch of people sitting behind keyboards -- everyone is an existing customer or potential customer, and these customers overlap with the word of mouth and other customers.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:39 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Who knows, JD might consider coming back online sooner or later. I really don't blame him, he really didn't deserve all the ****-talking that was directed at his shop, for things that he didn't cause. I'm glad to see that he does have the willingness to help people out though, many shops would have told someone to screw off in cases like these.

Tony
Old 01-22-2004, 08:53 AM
JS
10 Second Club

I'd have to agree with EZ an Tony..
JOE D. U ARE A VALUED SPONSOR,COME BACK BUDDY....

Your Friend
Joel

Last edited by JS; 01-22-2004 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

Angry Tuning???

Originally Posted by MYBLKSS
If you don't mind me asking what happened to your car for you to send it back?

I had my car tuned at JD's and it run good at the track but my drivability was horrible. I went back and forth with JD's several times and they were never able to keep my converter locked after I did a cam install. From what I know now that is a pretty simple issue to fix. After 2 trips to JD's and still not having a locking converter, they would no longer return my calls. At this point I was so fed up I just went to Mikey at Rapid Motorsports. When Mikey took a look at the program they had loaded in my car he said " its a wonder your car is still running". My timing was all over the place; my IAC's were crazy (I think somewhere around 150). Basically, I had a horrible experience with JD's and he blamed my issues on my car not their tuning.

Do you know who actually did the tuning?

They had someone from outside there shop come in to do my tuning. I think his name was Brian.

Let me know how you make out. Good Luck
CRAIG,

I REMEMBER THE CAR--THIS HAD SOME DRIVIBILITY ISSUES THAT NEEDED TO BE TAKEN CARE OF,I CAN'T REMEMBER EXACTLY,BUT WE TUNED THE CAR IN 10-02--THAT IS WHY SOME OF THE TUNING WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE TO TRY TO GET THE IDLE STRAIGHTENED OUT.
YOU COULD ONLY COME AT NIGHT AND BRYAN WAS DOING THE TUNING FOR ME AT NIGHT FOR YOU.HE WASN'T WORKING HERE EVERYDAY.
I REMEMBER YOU CALLING--AND I COULDN'T STAY AT NIGHT WHEN YOU WANTED TO COME BACK--I TOLD YOU I HAVE TO SET UP AN APPT WITH BRYAN AT THE SAME TIME.

I HAD A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH YOU,CRAIG AND YOUR CAR--I WAS BENDING OVER BACKWARDS FOR YOU AND IT STILL WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH.
THE CAR HAD PROBLEMS---THAT IS WHY THE TUNE WAS THE WAY IT WAS--YOU COULDN'T LEAVE THE CAR FOR US TO CHECK IT OUT.

THANKS
JOE D.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Another Vote for JD to come back as a sponsor. JD did me right with my car and I think that since he ALREADY went above and beyond the call for some people. I think he should stick around and reap some of those benefits. NOT ONE PROBLEM ever came out of JD's SHOP. My car was the first one that "kinda" left his shop with an entirely new JPR BUILT motor. JD never had one guy lay a hand on my motor. I didnt pay JD but I kinda wish I had. JPR never once did a bad thing to ME, but with JD's rep in the mustang world, it couldnt have been a bad thing to deal with JD direct.
Joe dont let the intitial bad taste get in the way, it does get better the more you taste it, Kinds like the first time you ate...... oh never mind you know what I mean.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:52 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RESTOMAN
CRAIG,

I REMEMBER THE CAR--THIS HAD SOME DRIVIBILITY ISSUES THAT NEEDED TO BE TAKEN CARE OF,I CAN'T REMEMBER EXACTLY,BUT WE TUNED THE CAR IN 10-02--THAT IS WHY SOME OF THE TUNING WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE TO TRY TO GET THE IDLE STRAIGHTENED OUT.
YOU COULD ONLY COME AT NIGHT AND BRYAN WAS DOING THE TUNING FOR ME AT NIGHT FOR YOU.HE WASN'T WORKING HERE EVERYDAY.
I REMEMBER YOU CALLING--AND I COULDN'T STAY AT NIGHT WHEN YOU WANTED TO COME BACK--I TOLD YOU I HAVE TO SET UP AN APPT WITH BRYAN AT THE SAME TIME.

I HAD A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH YOU,CRAIG AND YOUR CAR--I WAS BENDING OVER BACKWARDS FOR YOU AND IT STILL WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH.
THE CAR HAD PROBLEMS---THAT IS WHY THE TUNE WAS THE WAY IT WAS--YOU COULDN'T LEAVE THE CAR FOR US TO CHECK IT OUT.

THANKS
JOE D.
Joe, TURN OFF YOUR DAMN CAPS LOCK and c'mon back buddy.

Showing everybody you did the right thing will bring you business..

josh
Old 01-22-2004, 01:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

also getting defensive when someone is trying to say your standing behind your work isnt gonna get ya many votes.
Old 01-22-2004, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Again, only have used JD for all my car for 18 years. He's a stand up guy. He has SO much work, he doesn't need anymore and doesn't have time for BS. I met JD in 1986 when he worked at another shop. He then came to my dealership as a tech for a few years. He was probably the best tech I've ever seen in 35 years here. He had a chance to go into business and he took it. I took two weeks vacation and helped Joe clean up that pig sty of a shop. It had 1/4"-3/8" of grease caked on the floor. I was steam cleaning it in the middle of July when it was 95 degrees out. We painted and cleaned the place up. I remember standing there one day taking a break and Joe said to me, "Ray, what do I do on Aug. 1st when I open the doors?" "What if noone comes?" We laugh about that now. JD has never had a slow day since he opened in 1996.The same people keep coming back. His customer are very satisfied. As a Parts Mgr. working here for 35 years you can tell what kind of shop they are just by them ordering parts. There are a lot of idiots and thieves in this business. JD isn't. I have a hard time getting paid from a lot of shops, not JD's, he's never been past due on his account. That alone says something about a business. I've said before that I've only met JP a few times and don't really know him, but for JD to stand up and take care of JPR's problems is saying something. No lie, this has cost JD thousands of dollars and he could of just told JPS's customer to go pound sand, but he didn't. You guys are lucky because in most cases if JPR is out of business you would be screwed. I hope this is the end of the problems. JD himself is mentally drained from all this. His health is suffering because of the stress. I've known Joe for 18 years and have never seen him so uptight. I hope you guys appreciate what JD has done for you. Thanx for listening. RAY

Quick Reply: FYI JPR and JD agreed to work with me .