LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

issues with texas-speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default issues with texas-speed

ok so i ordered an ls6 intake manifold about a month ago that upon opening the package i found the plug in the back was cracked. i had surgery for hernia a week before i ordered it so i wasnt physically able to go out and pick the package up to check it out right away when it arrived. so saturday i was ready to take it to my buddy who is installing my engine and thats when i opened it and saw it was cracked. I sent and email saturday and 2 yesterday which they apparently recieved but i never got an email back. now i was on the phone with them about half an hour ago and they wanted me to send them pictures of the package and everything which i did. now i just tried calling them to see if they got my email and it says they are closed but to call during business hours of 9-12 or 1-6 mon thru friday. its 149pm on a tuesday and i just talked to them and now they are closed? i spent 700 dollars on a now useless intake and im not having the great customer service that ive heard so much about with them.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm sure they will make this right. Texas Speed is a class act and I have heard nothing but good things about them concerning issues with products they sell. If you don't mind me asking, why did you buy a new LS6 intake? You can get used ones in great shape all day long for $300.00 or so.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$700 on a LS6 intake???
Old 04-05-2011, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

peace of mind i guess. not saying i dont rust ppl on here selling stuff but ya know. the only issue is its just past and i mean like 3 days past their 30 day return policy. my fault for not checking it immediately but if anyone you know has ever had a hernia surgery youll know that it is brutal. i could barely walk for two weeks let alone go out and pick up the package. i just hope they can work with me.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

it was like 6 but with shipping and the coolant tubes and plugs and tax yeah it ended up being around that. actually like a little over 650 now i look at my receipt. my apologies for that. but anyways too much for a broken intake. i hope they can help me out
Old 04-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Launching!

The biggest issue is paying $600 for a LS6 intake. But anyways its only been a couple days since you contacted them. I know at my work I will read an email and might not respond to it for a week. Most people dont have a set workload and things arise throughout the day. Give them some time before freaking out. BTW its barely 1:10 here in texas right now. You may have caled at 1 your time and 12 our time....time zones man, they are real.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:14 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am sorry, but we were closed for lunch. We close, as the message says, from noon to 1pm CENTRAL time every day. I responded back to your email, and can post my reply if that helps. That reply was at 9:08am on 4/4/2011, just moments after starting my computer after the weekend.

As I asked in my email reply, and like Richard asked told you on the phone, we simply need some pictures of the condition of the box to see whether it is UPS damage or possibly damage on a new part brand new from GM. My email is struggling to download some huge file(s) as I type this, so I'm sure that's your email and we will, again like Richard stated on the phone, get back with you and let you know what we can do for you.

I hate that you had to have surgery and didn't open your parts for a month after they arrived, but the fact remains that UPS will not let us issue claims on a package delivered a month ago (10 days is their limit). So we will do anything in our power to help, but threads like this, while we're at lunch, don't really help anything!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!

Last edited by Sales2@Texas-speed; 04-05-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go off the date and time you sent your 1st email. send a screen shot to them with that if it was before the 30 days. Worst case if they refuse, call your cedit card company they offer protection to their members. My AMEX has always backed me up when venders were being crappy.
But give Texas Speed a chance to make it right. Send them the requested pics and go from there.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

i apologize i must not have heard the recording say central time. and im sorry i sent multiple images. the box looks pretty intact. not dents or anything really. i do apologize for not opening it right away and i was not trying to give you guys a bad rap. thank you for helping though. i do appreciate it. sorry for the big file
Old 04-05-2011, 01:24 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I received the files, and it looks like that box has been beat half to death by UPS If not for the intake inside the box, the box likely would have been folded in halves.

I will get with our UPS rep and see if there are any strings he can pull, and I will be in contact with you when I hear back from them!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
Old 04-05-2011, 01:34 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

UPS did let me start a claim over the phone just now. I don't know what we'll get out of them at this point, but at least they let me start one!

They said they will make their first attempt to pick up the manifold tomorrow, 4/6/11 between 9am and 7pm. Make sure the manifold is in it's original packaging and sealed well please. They will evaluate it at their local sorting facility, and then it will be sent back to us. It takes them a couple weeks to "investigate" and process the claim. We'll keep in touch as to what they say!

Old 04-05-2011, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

thanks a ton matt. again i apologize for not opening the package right away and all. i actually should just as of yesterday be able to lift more than 5 lbs so that is why like i said i didnt go out to bring it in and check earlier. as for my setup im running 5.3 heads and the 228r. i plan on for now running my ls1 intake and stock injectors with my mail order tune and hopefully will be able to get a replacement ls6 intake for when i get it dyno tuned. Will my setup work alright for now with the ls1 intake?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Yes, you'll be fine, just a bit down on power, with the LS1 intake for the time being!

Quick Reply: issues with texas-speed