LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Dont Order From Speed Engineering!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Dont Order From Speed Engineering!

So i recently placed an order through speed engineering and its total was 1600+ dollars worth of parts, I told them that i own two houses and my billing address is one and my house i stay at more now for working in cincy is closer so i wanted the parts sent here. After going back and forth for awhile about him complaining about it. I told them if its that big of a deal and they do not want my business i will take my almost 1700 dollar order elsewhere, and they said " please do. Your order has been canceled".

Also what kind of a business doesn't have a phone line for you to call in thats just strange its 2011. So in the end all i have to say is Sean thanks for the great business etiquette i will make dam sure no body orders from you and will get treated like I did. Wow great sponsor!

All i can say is ws6store and speed inc had no problem using my money and getting me exactly what i needed so thank you guys.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Due to all the crooks in this world us hard working honest people suffer. Credit card fraud is huge and it can sure put a company to its knees really quickly. The only semi protection the buisness has is to only ship to the aproved billing address for the credit card.

We do an extensive check on orders we concider questionable and even with that we have been hit hard with credit card fraud.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Due to all the crooks in this world us hard working honest people suffer. Credit card fraud is huge and it can sure put a company to its knees really quickly. The only semi protection the buisness has is to only ship to the aproved billing address for the credit card.

We do an extensive check on orders we concider questionable and even with that we have been hit hard with credit card fraud.
I understand that but when you have two houses whos to say someone wouldnt just walk up and take the package off the door step. And if im paying for the shipping why and the hell should i drive almost 2 hours north just to pick up my parts? I get the precaution but still you dont treat people like dirt.
And with credit card fraud people can still steal your info and ship it where ever cause they can make the billing address where ever
Old 05-14-2011, 12:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kcs02ta
I understand that but when you have two houses whos to say someone wouldnt just walk up and take the package off the door step. And if im paying for the shipping why and the hell should i drive almost 2 hours north just to pick up my parts? I get the precaution but still you dont treat people like dirt.
I once had a kid order parts with his dads credit card, ship to his friends house 2 blocks away from billing address, billing address was correct. Dad says didn't recognize the charges and credit card company said, you didn't ship it to the billing address anyway, so you can imagine what happened.
And with credit card fraud people can still steal your info and ship it where ever cause they can make the billing address where ever
No they can't, when a vendor puts a credit card in, you can verify the address.

I've seen outright fraud orders, those goofs can't get the billing address even close, I once played phone tag with a scammer, kept trying a new address every phone call till he got the point he was wasting his time.

You need to call your card company and add another billing address.

Last edited by AES Racing; 05-14-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you Nitro Dave's & AES Racing:

kcs02ta: We were by no means being rude. It is just our policy now days. We will only ship to the billing address on the card. You were not ok with that, and said your going to take your business else were because of it. So we canceled your order. Not to sure what we did wrong here to deserve this post.

Fraud is a big concern now days for our business, and the only way to protect our selves from charge backs is by shipping customers products to their billing address. Nothing to get offended about... it just protection for us.

Sean
Old 05-14-2011, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

I understand the precaution but really if i was going to fraud soeoe why the hell would i buy cheap *** suspension parts.....think about it. Also the order could have went through paypal but its what ever and never once did you say sorry or anything that you could no place it.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

The thing is speed inc and ws6store had phone lines and talked to me through the order and did great service and they got there money i got my parts one way or another the world will keep spinning i know where you guys are coming from though.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I understand where you are comming from. Im not taking sides here. Just trying to share with you what all us vendors are going through. Its tuff on us.

One thing you can do to make sure you do not have any future issues is have your credit card company set up both address as a varified address. This way when you order parts and they process the car it will show as a varified address. It only takes one phone call and could save you some hassle in the future.

All the crooks are making it hard on honest people like you and us.
Dave

Quick Reply: Dont Order From Speed Engineering!