LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

I thought Texas Speed was the place to go

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down I thought Texas Speed was the place to go

Ordered Pacesetters LTs and TSP y-pipe on the 29th...called on the 9th after not receiving a tracking number. I was told my parts are on backorder and were expected in on a big shipment on like the 6th or something but that they didn't come in. They told me it would be like 2 weeks before the headers come in. Then I asked what they had in the shelf and they said they had the same headers but ceramic coated for a price difference and he could have it to me by Thursday because I explained that my car was going to be down and I had to have these parts. Fine, I paid the difference and he told me the order would ship that day. Wednesday comes and I call again because still no tracking number. After being on hold he comes back and says they are taping up the box right then. Fine i said just ship it. Friday comes, no tracking number still! Now i call and I am told they are out of the TSP y pipe that's why my order hasn't shipped. WTF. I then end up getting the pacesetter y pipe just to get the order out the door. I asked for overnight shipping as my car is down waiting on these parts that were supposed to be here yesterday. Nope we only ship UPS ground so no overnight is offered. But hey they offered my a free t-shirt instead! I guess I have something to cut up for shop rags because I sure would not want to promote their business to anyone by wearing that shirt. So now my car is down until mid next week until i can get these parts. Should have went with JEGS and saved Texas sales tax, shipping and my time.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cameron,

Like I said on the phone, I apologize for the delay getting your parts to you. It should have been caught earlier in the week when you called that we were out of the TSP ORY. I completely understand with your frustrations and will try to make changes so that kind of error doesn't occur again. Obviously it isn't normal practice or you wouldn't have heard that we are where you should order your parts. With that said, I would be happy to help you out on a future if you need anything else. Again, I apologize for the mix up on the order.

Jon
Old 05-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

The only reason i even ordered from you was to get the TSP y pipe. I can get pacesetters anywhere. A mix-up with a 2 part order is usually fixed with one phone call. Not 3 plus my initial order. I expected that I was dealing with adults and didn't have to hold their hand and walk them through a order. I have never dealt with a company that screws up this many times and then won't overnight the parts. All would have been forgiven and I would be happy if they would have been shipped overnight. If your company can't get this order right and won't even try to make it right. Why would I give you my business with my big orders that are coming?
Old 05-16-2011, 01:25 PM
FormerVendor

I just got off the phone with Cameron (Shutdown Theory is apparently his brother) making sure we were straight on what was going on with the order. Everything is squared away on both ends. Again, sorry for the delay and if you have any other questions or concerns, please give me a call.

Thanks!
Jon
Old 05-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

Yes I am his brother, he's not on tech so i posted for him. He told me that Jon said overnight would have been 300 bucks today which we are not asking anyone to take a hit that big. All this would have been avoided if we were contacted in a reasonable time after the order was completed and told that you didn't have either part we needed in stock. I understand you want to make sale and get us our parts from your store. But A-lot of wasted time would have been avoided if just a little customer service had played out sooner rather than in the middle of a build. Is it to much to ask for a quick email saying the parts are on backorder? Is this something that Texas Speed will be implementing?
Old 05-16-2011, 03:01 PM
FormerVendor

Like I said, it was a mistake on our part. I was able to call Cameron and he understands what happened and we have everything cleared up.

Have a good day.
Jon
Old 05-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

I want to know if I place a order in the future and the part isn't in stock will I be contacted?

Quick Reply: I thought Texas Speed was the place to go