Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow. Interesting.....
Old 01-12-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you the same guy in the vendor forum with the "rebuild something extra" thread?
Old 01-13-2012, 05:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Are you the same guy in the vendor forum with the "rebuild something extra" thread?
No, but that thread is one of the reasons I went to Ed to make my car right. There are several threads similar to that, and after some research and reading, I just can't trust VA Speed to touch my car.

Last edited by Black89Z51; 01-13-2012 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

thanks for posting this info , its good for others in the community to read about stuff like this , that's not fair if it gets deleted .
Old 01-13-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black89Z51
No, but that thread is one of the reasons I went to Ed to make my car right. There are several threads similar to that, and after some research and reading, I just can't trust VA Speed to touch my car.
Yes I was wondering because there have been a few to pop up recently.

Glad you got it worked out though
Old 01-13-2012, 10:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

OP, have you tried to contact VA Speed and see what they have said about your tune?

If they have done you wrong and you have 100% proof then you should be entitled to a refund of your money.

I am also a person who likes to hear both sides of a story. Somebody needs to send them a link to this because I would like to hear what they have to say.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Yeah thats crazy man!
I'm glad you got in touch with a good tuner tho. If only i wasn't so far, I would have Ed tune mine. It sounds like he is very willing to help make things right, and obviously enjoys his job or he would not be doing so much to make sure it is spot on. Big Props to Ed, bc not many tuners out there give a damn about the tune, or customer. All they see is $$$.

-James
James,
Don't want to hijack the OP's thread, and am very surprised that VA Speed would let something like that get out their door. Hate to hear stuff like that.
Since you are in Indy, Mike Norris moved his business there some time ago and he is a VERY competent tuner, so you should contact him if you need to get your tune optimized,,,,,hope this helps.

Jimbo
Old 01-13-2012, 12:40 PM
10 Second Club

Hey Jimbo,
I understand where your going with that. It doesn't make any sense why such a high reputable shop would let that happen, but then again when things get hectic or busy... You never know!

And Yeah, I know mike norris well. He is a great tuner. I was planning on using him for mine already. I've had good luck with him in the past, but I was just refering to Ed b/c I like how he took that extra step to insure things were right. Thats an A+++ In my book. And I take it he can tune anything! ???
I was thinking of going with E85, and to my knowledge Mike does not tune for E85. But if I stay with 93 octane, I am def using Norris. He's a great guy! No complaints here.
But thanks for the Heads up Jimbo!

-James
Old 01-13-2012, 02:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I think you should contact them about this.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
OP, have you tried to contact VA Speed and see what they have said about your tune?

If they have done you wrong and you have 100% proof then you should be entitled to a refund of your money.

I am also a person who likes to hear both sides of a story. Somebody needs to send them a link to this because I would like to hear what they have to say.
I my self was wondering why no one VA Speed has chimed in, usually when someone of here start slinging mud the sponsor usually pops up pretty quickly to air their side of the story if they feel the poster is not telling the story truthfully or leaving out an important detail.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet

I haven't contacted them. Yet. I'm still contemplating on calling them, but I'm not sure it will do any good. I would venture to say that they know about it, but have no idea how to respond, or just don't care. I would like to hear from them though as to why I received such a crap "tune".

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
I my self was wondering why no one VA Speed has chimed in, usually when someone of here start slinging mud the sponsor usually pops up pretty quickly to air their side of the story if they feel the poster is not telling the story truthfully or leaving out an important detail.
I'm pretty surprised myself. Usually they chime in pretty fast, but this one they just remain eerily silent.

What really gets me though is that this thread has nearly 1000 views and not one single person has tried to help VA Speed.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:20 PM
9 Second Club

I replied to one of the posts about being concerned about my tune, and was contated by Ed Hutchins, most of you have probably heard of him. Ed inquired what car I had, and when I had
it tuned.
Is he a sponsor on here?

Seems a little fishy to me that he used to work there and now he is contacting Va. Speed customers and "fixing" there work.

Just sayin.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Is he a sponsor on here?

Seems a little fishy to me that he used to work there and now he is contacting Va. Speed customers and "fixing" there work.

Just sayin.
I'm pretty sure Ed is a sponsor, he is also extremely well known and regarded as one of the best in the business by some.

Who knows maybe this was just a flux and something fell threw the cracks who knows, but its sure not making much of their case when then wont even come in here and acknowledge what happened or what the op's saying.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Is he a sponsor on here?

Just sayin.
He didn't contact me on these forums. It was another set of forums. And the main reason he contacted me was to ask when I had it tuned, and if it had been tuned by him, that I would be fine.

Unfortunately that wasn't the case, and I got said garbage "tune".

Also, if you had met Ed in real life, he's a damn nice guy. He genuinely cares about his customers more than the almighty dollar, which is a rarity nowadays. His philosophy is customer satisfaction first.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Went did Shawn tune your car and why haven't you call him about this.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

FYI Ed is a sponsor

https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=68998
Old 01-14-2012, 04:55 AM
Teching In

You probalby should let them know..
Old 01-14-2012, 05:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

It was in August. I haven't called yet because I was waiting for my car to be done. I've been working 12 hours a day/7 days a week. I just had time to pick the car up from Ed yesterday.

Originally Posted by RENE'S RAGE
Went did Shawn tune your car and why haven't you call him about this.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It was in August. I haven't called yet because I was waiting for my car to be done. I've been working 12 hours a day/7 days a week. I just had time to pick the car up from Ed yesterday.
But yet you found time to start a "bash thread" and post replies
Old 01-14-2012, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LPE 403
But yet you found time to start a "bash thread" and post replies
Lucky for me the forums aren't blocked at work. And can you blame me for starting one? I'll give him a call next week. We'll see how that goes.

Quick Reply: VA Speed tune - Never again.