LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

ls1 Motorsports are thieves!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004 | 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

Default ls1 Motorsports are thieves!!!

I ordered a TNT kit from them on April 1st...The kit never came. But they still decided to bill my card not once but twice!!!! Now I asked over a week ago to cancel the order they agreed and said that they would credit my account.
Now its 2 weeks later and they CLAIM they don't have my money in their account. Which is BS!!! I called my bank and they show that they got paid over 2 weeks ago!!!. I called Penny who works there atleast 5 times with my bank on a 3 way call. And they still claimed that they don't have my money.
Now i got someone from work to call Penny and ask her where my money was and she said that I'll have it in 5 to 7 days, and she said she told me that this morning. She's a liar!!!! She told the girl that works for me that I'll have my money in 5 to 7 days. But when i jumped on the phone Penny told a different story then she just hung up!!!! They SUCK and i advise everyone to NEVER do business with these thieves!!!! They bill your account before they ship or even stock something you order. BEWARE!!!
Old 04-16-2004 | 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

They charged my credit card for something they didn't even have in stock. To this day, they still havn't credited me back.

No bashing intended
Old 04-16-2004 | 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a similar experience with them too once. I ordered something online from them. When I called them the same day to confirm my order it turned out that what I had ordered was out of stock, so I cancelled the order right there over the phone.

...My cc was still charged for the item that was never even in stock and was never shipped and even cancelled the SAME DAY live over the phone! Of course I didn't find this out until I got my cc statement a couple weeks later.

I got my cc company to take care of it. They did (thanks Bank One Visa), but it was a hassle that should not have had to happen. LS1 motorsports will NEVER have my business again. Ever. They are either theives or completely incompetent.
Old 04-16-2004 | 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Contact the BBB... Then contact the Consumer Protection Division with the State's Attorney's Office to file a complaint and call your credit card company and file a credit dispute.
Old 04-16-2004 | 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

How about getting the administrators of this site involved and investigate this. They should not be sponsors(if they are) if they do business this way. Ethical business practices are worth a whole hell of a lot more than $300 every 3 months in sponsorship revenue.
Old 04-16-2004 | 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Seems like you are not alone

https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=276897
Old 04-16-2004 | 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

Did you dispute it with your CC company ?
Old 04-16-2004 | 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

Yup i just got back from my bank and i filled out a form that investigates these matters. And if they want the bank can recommend me filing fraud charges. I got my lawyer to call QMP and they hung up on him 3 times. *erkoff Rob finally got on the phone and called my lawyer a Jersey Jerkoff!! Plus my bank told in NO WAY should QMP should bill my card until the kit was shipped. Period!!!. This is my experience with them. I should have learned when they couldn't deliver their turbo kit on time. But i gave them a chance. My fault. Alittle word of advice...when a company changes it's name like they did it's usually cause they are dodging law suits. I've seen other companies do this. Now you can see why. They should be booted as a sponsor. Companies like Thunder are a class acts and i should have just ordered from them. Live and Learn.
Old 04-16-2004 | 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the Info, I was planning on buying from them next week
I can tell you something,, TOM @ www.thunderracing.com is great to do business with. The last time he had a garage sale I bought a coolant tank from him and when I recieved it I told him that the lip that holds the battery in place was broken and in a couple of days my CC was credited the $15. Thanks Tom.

Last edited by ddelallata; 04-16-2004 at 02:56 PM. Reason: incomplete
Old 04-16-2004 | 03:17 PM
TECH Junkie

I almost bought something from them as well, but later didn't because of issues like this. They're also awful at returning phone calls, so that told me their customer service is subpar.
Old 04-16-2004 | 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah they suck! I placed an order with them once, and they told me I'd have it in 3-5 days, well after a week I called and was told that it was out of stock, then I was told they were shipped the wrong parts, wait 3-5 more days, etc. etc. Finally after a month, I got my parts from them, I wouldnt buy anything else from them again.
Old 04-16-2004 | 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

Wow I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that had problems with them. I got my stuff but it took two weeks for plugs and wires??? Ah well no more business to them from me.
Old 04-16-2004 | 11:08 PM
Staging Lane

I'm sorry to hear you guys all got screwed... I wanna thank you for sharing your experience if it wasn't for this thread they would still be an option for me to get future mods but after hearing how they run thier biz there is no way they gonna even get me to look at thier site well hopefully you will get your money back if not they might have to meet up with this guy then this guy lol some people's kids
Old 04-16-2004 | 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

WOW!!!! all these bad posts and not one explanation or reply from them yet?

not a good sign.......... not a good sign.
Old 04-16-2004 | 11:35 PM
TECH Addict
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Scott
Contact the BBB... Then contact the Consumer Protection Division with the State's Attorney's Office to file a complaint and call your credit card company and file a credit dispute.
RKSport did the same thing to me, they charged my TWICE and whenever I called them they'd either hang up on me or not do anything. So I contacted the BBB (bbb.org) and when that went through John(sales manager) called me and fixed it, then he turned around and screwed me over and I'm still waiting for my money 1.5 years later.
Old 04-17-2004 | 02:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, posts like this are EXACTLY why I always call up Paul@TR whenever I buy parts. I have ordered countless items from TR and have never had the slightest glitch.

While researching heads to buy this week to go along with the D1SC I just picked up, I didnt even bother clicking on the QMP banner for FI or heads--I dont even want their cookies on my hard drive, let alone their charges on my CC . I ordered one thing from them, and it took three months, didnt answer emails and were very short on the phone.

Its stuff like this thats makes it hard to just buy from a sponsor. You have a website you enjoy and post on regularly to receive and give advice. You would also like to confidently purchase from the sponsors, but when you see this many negatives feedbacks with a company that is still here it makes you leery of the rest of the sponsors, since you know they are here because they pay their monthly dues and not because of the product and customer service they provide.
Old 04-17-2004 | 04:25 AM
Staging Lane

Trust me I've learned from this. I've done alot od business with Thunder and always got everything as promised. The worse part is Rob told my lawyer that I must have clicked the submit button twice, thats why I got double billed. Then my lawyer ask if that was true and you know me didn't want to wait 4 weeks for the kit and canceled it over the phone with Penny then why aren't they giving the money back? My lawyer asked what the problem is. Whether I clicked it twice or 4 times, they didn't realize that maybe that i only wanted one kit? They had my email address and NEVER told me that i clicked the mouse twice and Penny herself said it only showed that I only ordered 1 kit and couldn't understand why my bank, on a conference call, said i was billed twice. Then Rob chimes in and says to my lawyer i ordered 2 kits..lol. This place is a joke. Nobody there can find their ***'s with both hands. And it doesn't take over 2 weeks for my money to show up in their account. I knew i was being jerked around and so did my bank. Time to change the name of your company again Rob!!!! You can run but you can't hide!!! So after i was told the kit was backordered for 4 weeks plus the week i already waited for and paid extra for 2nd Day shipping i canceled the order. Now at that time the money was only on hold. QMP didn't take the money out yet. Only after i canceled the order did they help themselves to 2 payments for 1 kit. I called Thunder yesterday and they told me the kit would be at my door in a week. A far cry from 4 weeks!!! My buddy last year placed an order for the Direct Flow airlid. HELLO, isn't that a QMP airlid???????? They didn't even have their own item in stock...lol. That's a friggin joke. Thank god he didn't give them his card number cause he would have been fighting for his money too. So a friend was selling his. Well i have one right now. I plan on either selling it or using it to scoop dog shi*!!!! I'll get a clear MTI lid. Well Rob I hope you read this....You better refund my money by a bank check only for the full amount or I'm suing your *** for 3 times the amount, which is aloud by law, and I will file fraud charges for theft as well!!!!! You got my money from your merchant company that does your card/internet orders. So run to your bank on Monday and have a bank check made out to my name and send it to the address you have from my canceled order!!! Not only should you be closed down for ever you should also be locked up!!! Another company that has integrity doesn't bill someone til the day a product is shipped. PERIOD!!! And you can't keep peoples money just because you get pissed that people don't want to wait forever for you to ship a product. How long has some people waited to get that wonderful LS1 turbo kit??? So you know what the right thing to do is right Rob? So be credtible and return my money. Was all the business you lost over this worth you and Penny lying to me, my lawyer, and my bank???
Old 04-17-2004 | 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

Where are the moderators/administrators response to this???????????
Old 04-17-2004 | 09:07 AM
TECH Resident

Sheesh seems like I made out easy compared to others.
Old 04-17-2004 | 09:13 AM
On The Tree

I am not in the same situation as you, but I agree with your assessment of them. I bought an BMR Torque Arm from them on their Ebay Sale they did a couple of months ago to clear showroom and overstocked items, etc. They shipped it late and then when it arrived it was missing parts. I sent them several emails to which I never received a response. I am sure if I had sent an email inquiring about one of their turbo kits I would have got prompt response.

Good luck getting everything resolved.

Dave

Quick Reply: ls1 Motorsports are thieves!!!