LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

New guy - Ripped Off by Thunder Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 09:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow this makes me sick, if I were closer I'd go there and send a brick through their window for you Phil. I can't imagine how these people can live with themselves doing this.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSInnovations
Unfortunately this is untrue. Thunder Racing is incorporated, the company's assets and business activities are legally separate from the owners. It may be possible to pursue fraud charges in civil court, but this claim would be against the corporation (not the owners) and any settlement would follow the priority of claims established under bankruptcy protection. Additionally, it is worth noting that any payments made by the company immediately preceding (or during) bankruptcy are subject to a claw back provision, all debtors of higher priority must be fully satisfied before the next class of debt can be addressed (even if you get a settlement the court can force the bank to pull it back); higher priority claims include secured creditors, attorneys, employees wages, administrative fee's etc etc. I suspect the UK has very similar laws. If they are bankrupt, you are in a very tough spot.

I am so sorry you guys are in this situation, it's total ****. If you had used a credit card, the credit card company would have probably refunded you, they would just eat the cost if the debtor was noncollectable.

Keep trying to get a hold of somebody on the ground down there to help you. If I were in this situation I would take whatever they would give up - parts, tools, machines, anything of value. Your odds of coming out whole are very bad otherwise.
What you said is mostly true, however being incorperated does not protect a company when it partisipates in criminal activity. It sounds to me as is Thunder Racing is partaking in criminal activity. When a corperation is involved in criminal activity then the people that acually perform those actions can be held legaly responcible. If there are only a couple of people, such as the owner and his wife, they can be charged.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is really sickening to hear. I dealt with Thunder a couple years back and will never do business with them again due to similar circumstances. I eventually did get my parts though. It is very evident that they use new customer money to fill old orders. Sounds like it finally caught up with them. I hope it works out for those that are getting the shaft by them.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

It would only become criminal if you could prove that the defendant had the specific intent to defraud; this is extremely difficult to establish in court, if they had a reasonable expectation to fulfill these orders there is no fraud, it's a civil matter.

Phil, have you received a proof of claim form from the court? If they are indeed bankrupt you need to request this document immediately. The proof of claim form is a document used by creditors to advise the court that they are owed money from the debtor. This form can be obtained from the clerk of the court, you can also contact the Louisiana Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division. http://www.ag.state.la.us/Article.as...eID=16&catID=9
Old 04-29-2013, 12:01 AM
Launching!

All these stories of once great online stores going belly up are pretty bad. It makes me want to just drive to a brick and mortar speed shop and buy things in person. Then at least I know i will get it but the closest LS1 shop is 5 hours from here.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you pay for something and they don't deliver it, that's theft... Online theft if you have a receipt and they have 0 inventory of the items you purchased...

There must be some way to get your money back...

What's to stop someone from starting an online business and selling thousands of dollars in products and then just say f it I'm not sending anything?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Burken01
If you pay for something and they don't deliver it, that's theft... Online theft if you have a receipt and they have 0 inventory of the items you purchased...

There must be some way to get your money back...

What's to stop someone from starting an online business and selling thousands of dollars in products and then just say f it I'm not sending anything?
There is nothing stopping people from doing exactly that.

That is whwy it is important to not just post your displeasure but to press criminal charges! That is the only way to stop these *** holes! They rip you off next week they rip off someone else. If they pay anyone back it's like a Ponsi scam. They pay back the first person with the second person money.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:47 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This whole situation sucks.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im glad to see were actually allowed to post this.

It is getting pitiful the amounts of shop ripping people off. But yet we post about a sponsor saying how terrible customer service is etc etc.. And it gets deleted locked warning etc.. The six months later all these people want to know where their hard earned money is. We were trying to speak up but it was swept under the rug cause the damn thieves are paying some money in each month.

The whole speaking out against bad sponsors needs to loosen up, it would keep them honest a bit more and true to ship dates etc..
Old 04-29-2013, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been out of the car scene for about 3 years. Decided to buy a full rear end kit with bearings and gears and TA cover with stud kit. Everything totaled was $538, I ordered April 8th. NOTHING. Can't believe I fell for going through them, they seemed so good in the past. I'm going to my local bank today!
Old 04-29-2013, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

I am awaiting a temporary refund from my bank/visa within 5-10 days. I will have to read over the details in the letter being mailed to me as well but something about a full 90 days for the company to come through with their transaction. Makes me angry because what am I supposed to do now? Sit on the money for 90 days and make sure I don't spend it just in case? Really puts a damper on my project.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

As today is my day off and I am dwelling on this terrible transaction I have to deal with, I decided to google the nearest news stations in Baton Rouge, LA and came across these four with contact information. I have emailed all four news stations with my story as well as a link to this thread. Perhaps one of them offer a sort of consumer-rip off story like my local stations do here in California. It is worth a try and if any of you are currently dealing with issues still as I have read above, I would encourage you to contact them as well.

http://www.wbrz.com/

news@wbrz.com

http://www.fox44.com/

(225) 766-3233
http://www.fox44.com/contact

http://www.nbc33tv.com/

(225) 766-3233
http://www.nbc33tv.com/contact

http://www.wafb.com/

225-383-9999
news@wafb.com
Old 04-29-2013, 03:56 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Originally Posted by lemons12
Im glad to see were actually allowed to post this.

It is getting pitiful the amounts of shop ripping people off. But yet we post about a sponsor saying how terrible customer service is etc etc.. And it gets deleted locked warning etc.. The six months later all these people want to know where their hard earned money is. We were trying to speak up but it was swept under the rug cause the damn thieves are paying some money in each month.

The whole speaking out against bad sponsors needs to loosen up, it would keep them honest a bit more and true to ship dates etc..

They were removed as a sponsor. Its not the same as bad feedback when people are getting ripped off.

There really was not an indication that they have gone under except for these threads that have popped up, because they left their site open for business. That was a shady move for sure. Were pissed as a community and other sponsors are upset because this type of thing hurts their business that isnt local to them. Believe me no one here is standing behind Thunder saying to give them a chance. Were all just looking around at the glowing embers and charred pile of rubble saying "They used to be a staple in the industry....".
Old 04-29-2013, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry dont know how to link to other threads but I found this posted.

If this is true your only option is to either sue or press criminal charges.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-s...hlight=thunder
Old 04-29-2013, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Angie Skinner, President
https://www.facebook.com/angie.j.skinner?fref=ts

Shane Burgess, VP of operations
https://www.facebook.com/XtraCajun?fref=ts (seems inactive)
Old 04-29-2013, 04:23 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

File fraudulent claims and try to get your money back. The longer you wait the smaller that window will get.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

I have filed already. Just providing links that may help other registered users here.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:08 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

That's fine. This doesnt need to turn into threats and anything of that caliber. That's why I am here.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Teching In

I'm sorry to see Thunder Racing fold. I made my first purchase from them in 1998. However, when I began to modify my GTO, I went to Futral Motorsports as Thunder Racing was going downhill even then (2008).

Having said that, I'm much more sorry for the folks who have submitted payment for parts that have not been received. As someone posted above, you may contact our local television stations. I'm not sure what, if any, response you'll get since the shop is closed.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by TraviZ
I am awaiting a temporary refund from my bank/visa within 5-10 days. I will have to read over the details in the letter being mailed to me as well but something about a full 90 days for the company to come through with their transaction. Makes me angry because what am I supposed to do now? Sit on the money for 90 days and make sure I don't spend it just in case? Really puts a damper on my project.
They are not going to fill your order so no need to wait, I didn't

Quick Reply: New guy - Ripped Off by Thunder Racing?