LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

BP Automotive is he a standup guy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry BP Automotive is he a standup guy?

Has anyone had good success out of BP Automotive lately? I saw some older posts where he had good reviews in the past. I sent him my computer to program and full payment to build me a wiring harness 3 weeks ago, and have tried calling and emailing him to ask a question, but no response. I know he told me 8 weeks on the harness, but he promised my computer back quickly so I can get it going on the harness I have. Is he just one of those guys worth waiting on or do I need to make a trip to Kentucky to demand a refund?
Old 07-24-2014, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard he had some major dental work or something done recently. He may be on the mend. Hope this helps. I bought a 24x kit from him a little over a year ago and I turned out great. He was there to answer any questions I had and even sent some extra spacers for the coil mounts cause my aftermarket valve covers were recessed.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:56 PM

Thanks I appreciate it. I was getting a little un easy after seeing he cashed my check and now I can't get ahold of him. There's a few people on his Facebook page that seem to be upset. If anyone knows him personally they may want to talk him into communicating a little better. Especially now.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had him do a harness for one of my projects. Took about 2-3 months to get my harness back...and zero communication by BP...not even a note that my harness showed up to him fine. I got ahold of him finally after a few unanswered emails and several phone call attempts to make sure he was still working on it. He assured me he was.

I gotta say though that when it showed up, it was a top notch piece. Very nicely done.

I have a couple buds who have had him do harnesses and the story is the same. You will be happy with it when it finally shows up.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

I'm in the same boat. It's going to be 2 months and I can't get a response either. I did talk to him when he got my harness and computer. I'm hoping it all will turn out well. Fingers crossed.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure on his current situation, I think he is a one man show. His work and quality is top notch. One person working on a lot of harnesses has probably got him pretty backed up. Seems like he could probably use some help and expand a little.

I bought a stand alone fuse panel kit from him and he answered questions within 24hrs if not faster. Also bought a simple crank sensor extension harness and he shipped it out hours after payment.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I messaged him on Facebook and he replied right away. However, when I reminded him a few days later (as instructed)about the harness extension I needed he never responded. Ohh well someone else got my money. Bill does build a quality harness, but the customer service has gone down hill unfortunately

Quick Reply: BP Automotive is he a standup guy?