LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

people in michigan beware of speed shop.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004 | 02:49 PM
10 Second Club

Default people in michigan beware of speed shop.

i took my car,01 ta to hardcore motorsports(badls1 racing)in flint mi.i took my car there to get a dyno tune,have my 155 fuel pump installed,have the 150hp nos tunned and have the smog pump removed.when i was there i talked to the mgr mark,he told me they may not be able to tune my car over my ls1 edit tune from speed inc. so...i told him if they can not tune it i was going to take it to ap engineering in detroit. he asked if they can not tune it do i still want my fuel pump installed? i said yes and they can also do the smog,but don't touch anything else. i also told them i have a trans problem,my 3rd and 4th gear is grinding and he told me it may not beable to be put on the dyno. now at this point i'm thinking it will only be dynoed if they can tune it(i told them if it could not be tuned by the softwear they use DON'T TOUCH IT because it's going to detroit to get done.why do i want to have a dyno when ap will do it? also the mgr mark is pushy he wanted me to buy the 38#injectors if i needed them for $400.00. now i went out and bought ford svo 30# for $175.00 when i told him of this he said dave(the tunner)dont really like them they are not as easy to tune and he will talk to dave about this,it's his call. now when the hell does a shop tell us what to do on the cars we pay for? it's not their call it's our cars. ok...so i get a call the car is done and i was told they could not write over the ls1 edit,so i get a bill for $585.00 .how? they told me they had my car on the dyno and sprayed the 75hp and the 150hp shot. here is my point, why is my car on the dyno when they CAN NOT even tune it? i only wanted my car on the dyno if they can tune it,that is what i stated to mark(ow i forgot,it's daves call right)they also said i layed down good #'s 390hp and 365tq on their dyno jet and my air/fuel was right on.how can this be if i switched a cam,headers and th-body how can the air/fuel be on when my car is running so rich i can smell it? now at speed inc on their dyno jet i dynoed 424.1hp and 408tq what the hell? i took out the 222/222 mti cam for the g5x2 went from macs to kooks and added a ported th-body and i dynoed lower? now all this time i'm telling mark what i want and he is thinking another,i don't know how it was all said in plain english,no ebonics.so anyway i paid $200.00 for my car to be dynoed by a shop who could not tune it and should of never dynoed it anywhy. trying to tell mark this and him understanding it was like your best friend performing a opperation on you and he's not a doctor,it dont work.i also feel mark has NO people skills and was making this into a fight over the phone.he still thought i should pay for the work,yes only the work i told them to do if they cannot tune it. now i have to go to ap engineering to have them save the day with $200.00 less to spend on getting my car done right. now let me say i'm not saying don't go to bad ls1 racing,and don't buy parts thats not it. i talked to ronnie duke and he was a good guy and i love that someone opened a shop like this in my town. all the other people in that shop seem to be good people but the mgr mark is not a good guy to deal with,he has a big attitude of what he claims he knows and he dont listen to us the customer. he has the attitude like the fastest ls1 is his and he knows all. so people beware of mark,PLEASE. GO TO BADLS1 RACING,BUY PARTS HAVE THEM WORK ON IT,THE SHOP IS A GOOD PLACE BUT STAY AWAY FROM MARK. i hold no blaim on ronnie duke or anyone at badls1 racing i wish them all the luck in the world. mark,the fastest ls1 belongs to ronnie duke he's the man,not you. sorry so long,i had alot to say and the more i think of this,the worse i feel. i will tell you all how it turns out after ap engineering tunes my car. THANKS,mike c.

Last edited by mike c.; 06-12-2004 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-12-2004 | 03:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

sorry to hear of your bad experience with a sponsor, that is kinda retarded they still put it on the dyno with an old tune to tell you "hey great you lost power" wtf is that about? I wouldve wrote them a check & cancelled it and told them to take you to court, just dumb paying an extra couple hundred bucks for things you in the end didnt ask for. Though if its a locked program i dont think ap is gonna be of much help either...i would just assume speed inc has to unlock it before its retuned.
Old 06-12-2004 | 03:42 PM
10 Second Club

thanks for the tip. i'll call speed inc and see what they say. thankyou.
Old 06-12-2004 | 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Why in the hell did you pay them..................... I would of told then to go F@!K them selves..... you told them what to do and they did it out of there own free will so let them foot the bill.
Old 06-12-2004 | 04:41 PM
On The Tree

hay mike,another mike here,Ihad all my mods done at LIVERNOIS MOTORSPORTS and they did a very nice job,but.! I did have a little bit of tuning problem,so CHRIS [THE OWNER] Invited over to AP ENGINEERING so they could see if they could fix the problem,and guess what.! WALA.! It got fixed. those guys are great.I would recommend them whole hardly.
Old 06-12-2004 | 04:58 PM
FormerVendor

Fwiw, I do the tuning at Speed Inc., and I do not lock anyones pcm.
Old 06-12-2004 | 05:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by INTMD8
Fwiw, I do the tuning at Speed Inc., and I do not lock anyones pcm.
the plot thickens da da daaaaa...
Old 06-12-2004 | 05:16 PM
10 Second Club

intmd8-thankyou. speed inc has always treated me with class and everyone at speed inc has been awsome tom,larryand the guy who tuned my car great two years ago. the only reason i'm not going back to speed inc is because they are usually booked solid and a 5hr drive. why did i pay them....because everything was getting ugly and they still had my car,i was in fear of what may happen to my car.i don't want to say anything would of happened to it,but as i said things were turning ugly.i'll just NEVER step foot in that shop again.

Last edited by mike c.; 06-12-2004 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-12-2004 | 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Mike C,
Those injectors I sold you would have been fine. My car is at AP-Engineering right now. If I lived in MI my car would never go anywhere but there, Hell I live in NY and my SH@T is there.
Old 06-12-2004 | 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I tried to read that but I got a headache halfway through. Maybe next time!

Dope
Old 06-12-2004 | 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

itsovr4u-they told me i did'nt need the injectors,but i'll waite and see what ap-e says. DOPE-take an asprin cupcake.
Old 06-12-2004 | 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Angry

Mikec,I feel your pain!I know Mark and yes,I was going to go through them for a H/C package.I knew Mark from SLP in Troy MI and He always did me right ThereMark told me I was Going to be Making Big HP and TQ,for Lot less money than MTI,But When I asked him ok What are the Cam Specs and Specs for the Heads he Couldnt Tell me,I was thinking WTF!He Told me I was going to get LS6 Heads for 1500.00 Needless to Say I was ExcitedWell then he got back with me a week or 2 later on the Cam specs ,It was not much more agressive Than the 224 cam I had,and Then he told me I was going to need 36 Pound injectors ,RED FLAG WENT UP IMMEDIATELY!All of a sudden the Dollars were up,The heads were 2300.00 ,I Had to buy Springs another 200.00 and I buy new Injectors,Next you know I have spent alot more than the MTI LS6 Heads and X1 cam I wanted so bad !But this Dave guy was the best tunner in the business,so I am told,Hmmmm To far for me to drive.So I turned to none other than Jayson Cohan @MTI and I had lengthly Conversations with Him and he took the time to answer all my Stupid questions I have Delt with Greg at Speed works last year and he screwed up my car ,it was barely driviable ,So AP Engineering had to fix that for me.My car is at AP as we speek ,Chris is a good guy and I am Glad I got my H/C Package from MTI and Glad I had Chris @ APE do the install and Tuning

Last edited by Pro Mouse; 06-12-2004 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Left out info
Old 06-13-2004 | 11:37 AM
10 Second Club

promouse-sorry for your pain,this is why i always stick to the same people,thunderracing,speed inc and mti and now i'll go to ape because they seem to have a good rep,on the phone they seem to have some class. im glad i only lost $220.
Old 06-13-2004 | 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mike sorry to hear you are out 220 ,but I guess it could have been worse.You will be Happy with APE They are a Great group of GuysGood Luck......
Scott
Old 06-13-2004 | 07:00 PM
TECH Veteran

I dont think anybody who does LS1EDIT tunes locks their PCMs.
Old 06-14-2004 | 09:18 AM
12 Second Club

Sorry to hear about this. I am reconsidering where I will take my car for tuning in the very near future.
Old 06-15-2004 | 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

checkmate.speed inc is a great place(trust me)but i'm going to give ape a try,they seem to have a great rep on this board.
Old 06-16-2004 | 03:58 PM
Teching In

I can't say enough nice things about APE. Brian and the crew are professionals. They recently did a header install and tune on my Formula and I couldn't be happier with the results.
Old 06-18-2004 | 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mike c.
checkmate.speed inc is a great place(trust me)but i'm going to give ape a try,they seem to have a great rep on this board.
I second the Speed, Inc referral 100%

I am from Clarkston, MI and I am going to make the 5 hour drive back to Speed, Inc again and again until I have enough power

APE does seem to have a good reputation... but I used to live in Holland, MI and Chicago was equally as close, so I went there. Now that I am very happy with them, I have no reason to try another place... if it ain't broke, don't fix it

I also hear good things about Livernois Motorsports, but what bugged me about them is that they were Mustang guys first... LS1s second
Old 06-18-2004 | 10:28 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Velocity

I also hear good things about Livernois Motorsports, but what bugged me about them is that they were Mustang guys first... LS1s second
Mustangs were around before LS1's.

Dan Millen currently has a turbo 6.0L escalade (Livernois built kit). He owned a '01 C5 that he sprayed a 150 shot on. Tom Millen has a blown LT1. Stenod (empolyee) has a 10 second 600rwhp twin turbo (stock motor) SS. They built "VetteZilla"... a twin turbo vette that is a monster. SilverC5vert (member here) has a '99 C5 that they are doing a H/C package on. My 11.5x's LS1 was done by Dan Millen. They did a 436ci LS1 back in 1998. Those are just a few examples. Trust me, they know their ****.

...not detracting from Speed Inc. or APE. I hear nice thing about both shops.

Quick Reply: people in michigan beware of speed shop.