LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

TT Performance Sucks - POOR Service - SLOW Shipping - OVERPRICED Products

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down TT Performance Sucks - POOR Service - SLOW Shipping - OVERPRICED Products

Thinking of placing an order at TTPerformance.net? Better think twice!

I ordered a Moser 12-bolt from Matt @ TTPerformance on August 16 over the telephone. I was talked into ordering their $100 installation kit as well. I was told to call back within a couple days to get the tracking information from Moser.

Well, I called back several times over the next week, but the secretary said Matt was "unavailable" and that he would call me right back. Well, after 1 week of this, I told her that Matt had NEVER returned a single call. She seemed shocked and told me that she'd have him call me right back. Well, several hours later I get a call from Matt, he stated that he called Moser and they said that they would be shipping the rearend the next day. He commented that Moser had a guaranteed 2-day turnaround and pretty much blamed them for the delay.

On August 25, I received a call from Old Dominion freight. They had my rearend ready for delivery. GREAT. However, I still needed the install kit that was being shipped from TTPerformance separately. Since Matt was putting the blame on Moser for the rearend delay, I assumed that the install kit should have been shipped from their shop in NJ right after my order. However, after a couple more days of not receiving the install kit, I tried calling Matt again. Well, guess what... he's not available.

Eager to install the rearend, I searched the forums for misc parts that I would need. The only part that I was worried about was the LCA mounting brackets. Since TTPerformance sells them for $60, I assumed they were pretty quality pieces, and that is why I went ahead and ordered their install kit. However, the forums recommended just using 3" muffler clamps to mount the LCAs to the larger rearend housing. Since the install kit still hadn't arrived after 2 weeks, I went out to Advance Auto Parts and bought some Lucas gear oil, gear additive, and a pair of 3" muffler clamps. Total for everything I needed was no more than $30! I decided that I would just swap the "fancy" TTPerformance mounts in place of the muffler clamps once the install kit finally arrived.

The install didn't take too long, and actually the 3" muffler clamps worked GREAT. So great that I called up TTPerformance on Friday, August 27 and left a message (no answer... who woulda thought?) telling Matt that I did not need the install kit any longer as I already had the rearend installed. I requested a full refund of my money if the package had not yet shipped.

Guess what? On September 2, I receive a package from TTPerformance. What?! I checked the tracking number, and it was shipped out on August 30! Geez, he went ahead and shipped the package after instructed not to!

Well, I was now curious to check out what was included in this $100 installation kit. This had better be good, I thought to myself. I opened the package and here is what it contains:

Do you see what the fancy $60 LCA mounts are???!!! They are the same 3" muffler clamps that I bought from Advance for like $4 each!!! What a freaking rip-off!!! They charged me $100 + s/h for junk that anyone can find locally for less than $30!!!

That was the final draw. I picked up the phone and called Matt once again. Guess what, no answer. This time I left an extremely long message informing him that he needs to call me back ASAP to discuss refunding my money or I threatened to leave negative feedback on all of the forums that he sponsors. Well, I haven't heard anything back from him yet.

Are you out there Matt? If someone can notify TTPerformance of this thread, and get him to respond, that would be great. Lets see if Matt will do the right thing and refund my money. I also highly recommend TTPerformance to quit selling their LCA mounts for $60, and they need to quit offering the $100 install kit. Do the honorable thing and just tell your customers the part numbers to buy the stuff locally!

Enraged at TTPerformance,
David Gore
Old 09-04-2004, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man that really sucks I guess seems TT performance needs alot of work on their customer service. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

I dont know what has been going on lately. Maybe with the dyno going on and setting up the dyno thing next Saturday they are too busy. Unfortunatly I have seen this all too often when a new sponser comes in and all of a sudden they cant keep up with demand. Look at all the other posts in here, Jantzer, Absolute Speed, and a few others. They all put out great products but they are tough to get in touch with. My friend has been trying to get a hold of Matt to get his nitrous setup but he hasnt gotten a call back either. I know that they have been looking for help at the shop to take care of all this stuff. The only thing I can tell you is from what I have seen of Matt and George they will make it right for you. Dont take this the wrong way but did you ask what the installation kit consisted off?hell I paid over $500 for somebody to dyno my car and change 1 setting with a laptop, something I could of done with a little resaerch. Also see here:
http://www.spohn.net/category.cfm?categoryid=1054

Notice anything overpriced? second item down maybe? I have gotten wrong parts and missing items from other sponsors also that ending up costing me $100's. I dont know the whole story and in reality you recieved you rear in 9 days after placing your orderand (unfortunatly) the install kit you didnt want 15 days later......I have seen ALOT worse. There could of been a hold up at Moser or maybe they were too busy working on my car lol. As for the installation package you cancelled shipping I am sure they will make things right.

Enjoy the new rear .

Last edited by 9T9BlueTA; 09-04-2004 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:43 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Jim, the Spohn pieces aren't just exhaust clamps. The bases are custom made and actually space the sway bar down further to clear the center pumpkin. I believe there are also teeth on the ID of the bracket to grab the axle tube. So, those are custom fabricated parts for this application. See pic below.

Old 09-04-2004, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

Tony, if that comparison bothers you tell me and I will erase it. I was just trying to point out that you should really do your reasearch and ask questions before buying something. The spohn pieces are pretty trick but when 90% can just use muffler clamps its not something people really need.

dvstate did try and get in touch with them and said he was going to do this if they didnt call back so I do understand where he is coming from. It was only a few days ago that the mix up was noticed it seems to soon to be completely "enraged", especially since the car is up and running for the holiday weekend. I usually give people a week or so to try and get back to me. Everybody is different though. Hopefully they will get help so they can get back to everybody in a timely fashion.

I can only imagine some of the posts I would off put up about some people if I didnt give my self a week to cool down lol.

Last edited by 9T9BlueTA; 09-04-2004 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

Nine Ball, the Spohn mount looks pretty slick, and I could justify paying a higher price for it. However, standard 3" muffler clamps are cheap and widely available anywhere. After getting the run-around for nearly 3 weeks now, this is what "enraged" me. I would be 10 times more ticked if I had waited for the install kit to arrive only to find out that I could have had the car on the road over a week sooner.

Considering that it was just nearly 2 weeks to get my rear-end from the date of order, I wasn't too upset. I've heard of a lot worse. I just got aggravated at TTP for never returning my calls after they swiped my credit card for $2400.

Oh, and when placing my order for the rearend I did ask what it contained. It went kinda like this:

Me: "Okay, and I believe I need some new LCA mounts with this rearend as well, correct?"
Matt: "Yeah, the rearend housing is larger, and you'll need new mounts"
Me: "I noticed you have a $100 install kit. Does this include the new mounts?"
Matt: "Yes, it does include the mounts, and several other items"
Me: "Gear oil and everything I will need?"
Matt: "Yes, there are quite a few other things that you'll need, and they are all included"
Me: "Okay, I want to make sure that I have everything that I need for this install. Since the mounts are like $60 alone, I might as well get the install kit as well"
Matt: "Okay"

I've got my rearend installed, and I'm tickled to death with it. But I do want my $100 back for this junk. I just wanted to post this message to let others know of the difficulties that I've had, and hopefully it will get Matt to call me back a little quicker.

I understand that people can get extremely busy. I've been in that situation before.

Thanks,
David
Old 09-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Banned

this is george @ttp
this is the normal kit that is sold by most dealers its strictly for convence there is about $70 in parts from any autoparts store and then it is boxed up and shipped to you the price is 100 because we gather all the parts you need for the installation if you wanted the spohn mounts you should have asked for them we dont read minds this is strictly for convence so you dont have to go to the autoparts store and buy the parts and mod your stock brackets to fit .

as for the shipping thing well sometimes things fall threw the cracks and it might have be overlooked ,with the install of the new dyno at our facility you can return the parts and get a refund of your money ship them back asap for a prompt refund

george
Old 09-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Banned

this is slp kit sellsfor 99.99 and does not include oil

george
Old 09-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you for the quick response. I understand how things can be busy.

Goodluck with the dyno services.

What about an RMA #?

I'll ship it back Tuesday.

Thanks,
David
Old 09-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Banned

no need for the rma we know who you are and will be looking for your package

george
Old 09-04-2004, 06:43 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,164 Likes on 757 Posts

Handled.

Quick Reply: TT Performance Sucks - POOR Service - SLOW Shipping - OVERPRICED Products