LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Speed Inc opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered SFC's from them. They arrived here super fast, and you know those little comment boxes that are on order forms? Well Speed Inc was first one that has ever responded to it!! Thanks Tom. The SFC's look awesome!!!
Old 10-23-2004, 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

I also ordered my sub frames from them a while ago and I forgot to mention "free shipping" when i placed my order...anyway, i e-mailed tom about it and he said it was no problem and within minutes the refund showed up on my online credit card statement. Nothing but the best customer service from Tom and speed inc.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:05 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Good people!
Old 10-24-2004, 12:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Speed INC is a great company to deal with.

Tom@Speed goes out of his way to help his customers.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

They are the best around by far, I've been doing business with them for years now
Old 10-25-2004, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BIGBOS
They are the best around by far, I've been doing business with them for years now
And your car has sat in their shop more than any other person I know
Old 10-25-2004, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

SHUT UP

Its gonna be out soon for a while, but the problem with me is, If I have a constant cash flow I have the addiction of spending it on car parts

Old 10-25-2004, 01:14 PM
12 Second Club

Yea Speed Inc. has never failed me. I ordered a fuel pressure gauge on monday of last week and it was supposed to be at my house by wednesday i finally emailed Tom and he is going to AIR it to me. Great customer service.

Kyle

Last edited by HotRod68Camaro; 10-25-2004 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been really happy w/ Speed Inc. I have spent thousands w/ them. Even when they have messed up, Larry allways made sure it got taken care of and I was happy w/ everything in the end. I felt the customer service was better than most local shops I was going to.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:38 PM
11 Second Club

Their prices are hard to beat. However i just spent roughly $3000 on one of their transmissions and some other parts and still dont have the transmission. I got all the other parts but cant do anything with them till the transmission gets here. The order was placed almost 3 weeks ago and i was told it would be here last week. I got the bill for everything so they have the money and all i have is a handfull of parts i cant do anything with. Here one week past when i was told it would be here and after two phone calls (one had to leave a message and never got a call back) and now im told it might be here in another week. If i knew it was going to take this long i would have taken my business elsewhere. Im not aggravated with Speed Inc. im aggravated with the company that builds their transmissions. Not getting a call back after i left a message with Speed Inc. wasnt good business though.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:24 PM
11 Second Club

:Update: I got a phone call last friday from speed inc and they told me the tranny was going to be back at their shop after being dyno tested and it could be shipped that day depending on what time it got there. Well today i got a phone call from them and they said the tranny is just now being dyno tested and they will have it at the shop tomorrow. Um WTF? lying to customers? Very bad business. I will never order anything from this place again. COME ON SPEED INC YOU HAVE $3000 OF MY MONEY NOW WHERES MY FREAKIN PARTS? this is ridiculous!!!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Launching!

They have been the best supplier I have dealt with.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Maybe the parts got delayed or something got put on hold, I'm sure you will get taken care of regardless, they don't do bas business deals, thats the bottom line, it will get taken care of no matter what.....give them a call
Old 11-10-2004, 11:09 PM
11 Second Club

They lied to me on the phone, that is bad business!
Old 11-11-2004, 02:17 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm happy that they were able to answer my questions and there prices are good. I did however have them install my Vig3200 and was not happy. The tune wasn't done correctly, low trans fluid, and they didn't even tighten all the bolts to the bell housing. Granted they fixed it, but I was not happy because this was the 1st time I had a stalled car (wasn't fully aware of how it would drive) and didn't realize it wasn't working properly till a week later.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SScottie
They lied to me on the phone, that is bad business!
I am sorry that you are not happy. We relay what our trans shop tells us. First you complain of the lack of information, then we keep you up to date with information we are given. There are always the possibility for a slight delay.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Banned

Default Madicev8

Kevin I don't recall us really having issues with you or your car.

We always tell customers to drive the car and be sure to check the fluid after approx. 50 miles. I can't see us not tightning the bellhousing bolts,that would be ridiculous and it's never happened. The tune? what was the problem with a BASIC tune. I recall your car being a simple bolt on car with the addition of the convertor and thats a simple tune.

call me if you would like to speak about this and clarify some things

I really dislike seeing this kind of post especially when there seems to be some incorrect info.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:53 PM
11 Second Club

More ranting.... I finally got the transmission today.
I was told by speed inc. that it would come with a list of all the parts that were used in this transmission, however there was no list or anything like i was told there would be. -strike one.
I called dreviltransmissions so they could tell me what parts they used. They also informed me that the royal purple transmission fluid that i purchased through speed inc voids the warranty on the transmission. Speed inc. definitely should have known which fluid was recommended for this transmission. I have $90.87 worth of fluid i cant use. -strike two
.....way past strike three
Old 11-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Banned

We (Mike the Office Manager) asked you why you wanted RP and told you that they do not use synthetic oil in the transmissions.

We post what is given to us by the builder it is their choice not write out step by step everything they do to prevent other shops from copying. This information was provided to you at the time of sale by Mike.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Speed Inc Webmaster
We (Mike the Office Manager) asked you why you wanted RP and told you that they do not use synthetic oil in the transmissions.

We post what is given to us by the builder it is their choice not write out step by step everything they do to prevent other shops from copying. This information was provided to you at the time of sale by Mike.
I was not told that this fluid voids the warranty. Also, when i called dreviltransmissions they said to use synthetic redline or mobil one synthetic that comes factory.