LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

AP Engineering - STS kit - Status??

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default AP Engineering - STS kit - Status??

I ordered an STS kit at the end of October on the startup GP. Credit card was billed in early November. Asked if the kit would be shipping in 3-4 weeks, and was told to expect it to be much faster than that. Now we're over 5 weeks and I haven't gotten any real answers yet.

Nick PM'd me on 11/16 asking if I had any questions. I PM'd back asking for an estimated ship date, read receipt on 11/17. Never got an answer to the PM though.

Called Chris one day right before Thanksgiving, and he said "they're starting to ship now..." Haven't seen anything yet. No tracking number, no boxes...

Emailed Jason on 12/1 asking about an estimated ship date. Never got an answer to the email.

I'm not really in a hurry for the kit, but I get a little uneasy when I'm not getting any communication, and the time keeps slipping on by.

Having tried PM, phone, and email already, I figured I'd give it a shot on here and see what happens.

For the other 4 startup GP buyers - if any of you see this - how many of you have gotten your kits yet, or at least a ship date estimate?
Old 12-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck John - I had a similar issue with purchasing from APE in the past -> https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...6&page=1&pp=10

The issue went to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency in order to make any progress and I am still far from being satisfied.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

John,
I will give you a call.

Thanks
Old 12-07-2004, 07:26 PM
8 Second Club

I'm sure that Chris and AP Engineering will clear up any minor problems they may have had in the past and try to build towards the future. The Jim Hogan subject is like beating a dead horse and we all need to move on. APE built my 346 in 2003 and the motor ran flawlessly and went 10.80 @ 128mph with a shitty 60ft. We will see what magic they can produce with my new combo in 2005.

Matt
Old 12-08-2004, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris@AP-Engineering
John,
I will give you a call.

Thanks
Chris,

Thanks for the phone calls yesterday.

I'm looking forward to getting this kit. I'm really curious what will happen as far as e.t.'s, starting with a low 12 car already...
Old 12-15-2004, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Chris,

I didn't get that 3-4 day update from you...

I called you yesterday and got voice mail, left a message on the sales voice mailbox... Haven't heard anything back though.

Any news?
Old 12-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

I know John_D. personally , really good guy. He's not the type to make stuff up or pull scams . This is getting to be a bit on the long side, give the man the kit he paid for! If you don't have a kit to sell , don't take someone's money! PSJ , where are you?
Old 12-15-2004, 12:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'll also stand up for John D. He's one of the most wise, forthright and ethical people I know. He's no scam artist, that's for sure.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:56 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

I will shoot them an email and copy John Duncan on the reply, give me a few hours this month seems crazy for everyone and I have some other stuff to track.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:05 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

I appreciate this, PSJ. I will stress for the record John_D. has NOT been badmouthing APE on our forums on MTFBA and I don't want this to cause any problems for him.He's a very polite person and it's not in his nature to do that. (He's a little TOO polite sometimes.) If I've caused any problems by stating my feelings on this subject , I will be the first to apologize and put the heat on me , not John_D.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Originally Posted by badjuju342
I appreciate this, PSJ. I will stress for the record John_D. has NOT been badmouthing APE on our forums on MTFBA and I don't want this to cause any problems for him.He's a very polite person and it's not in his nature to do that. (He's a little TOO polite sometimes.) If I've caused any problems by stating my feelings on this subject , I will be the first to apologize and put the heat on me , not John_D.

John you have a PM from me with a tracking number. Sorry for the delay, the kit has been on order. Since it was not leaving from me, I have no control in getting it out the door. Good luck and enjoy the kit, let me know if you need any technical help.

Thanks

BTW, John has been very good to deal with no one from here ever said he wasn't.

Quick Reply: AP Engineering - STS kit - Status??