LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Agostino Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by taner
he told you that before didn't he?
ya... Like I said... we shall see if anything is done. So far it's all TALK!

I'm not losing anything anymore waiting...
I've already lost most of it.

We shall see in the next month if things change.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:20 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by WIKIDTA
ya... Like I said... we shall see if anything is done. So far it's all TALK!

I'm not losing anything anymore waiting...
I've already lost most of it.

We shall see in the next month if things change.
Good luck.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:05 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,156 Likes on 752 Posts

Phil, you are coming across like you are fanning the flames. If Daren receives any restitution that would be a great thing. Going forward there is not much to talk about until we find out if Nick steps up.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Phil, you are coming across like you are fanning the flames.
Ok, Im out like a fat kid in dodge ball.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:55 PM
7 Second Club

I just got a suprising call from Nick on my cell.We chatted for an hour and have reached a compromise that should make both of us happy,given the circumstances.I won't discuss particulars,but he said I'll be squared away by April 15.

Nothing would make me happier than to report that Nick came through.I'll let everyone know how things turn out.

Dave
Old 01-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Teching In

Man, at least he's calling you back; they (ARE) keep telling me I'll get a call from Nick but I never do! Im going nuts waiting.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

I got a PM from Nick as well with some thoughts of how they can turn it around...Good luck to you guys...Report on time when you get a minute!!
Old 01-16-2005, 11:41 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

If it's a matter of not having the money to make everyone whole, he should take out a loan and pay every customer what's due. JMHO.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:04 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roofer Dave
I just got a suprising call from Nick on my cell.We chatted for an hour and have reached a compromise that should make both of us happy,given the circumstances.I won't discuss particulars,but he said I'll be squared away by April 15.

Nothing would make me happier than to report that Nick came through.I'll let everyone know how things turn out.

Dave
wow! hmmmm maybe he will call me....not likely!
Old 01-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Dave
Hope things work out. I've gotten an email from Matt G; Nick's offered to rebuild my engine but there was no mention of money. My stuff's at Cartek and I'm not going to ship it to Canada. Restitution could be made with a reparation for part of the cost of the new buildup. I'd discuss that with Nick if I could but so far, no call.

All in all this continues to be a very unfortuante situation for a whole bunch of us!
Old 01-18-2005, 10:08 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Like I promised to Dave Underwood a year or two ago, ARE will never be a sponsor here again until guys in his shoes are made completely whole. Since I am one of the owners of the site there will be no budging.

Nobody need bother pm'ing me until Daren, Dave, and the others sign off that they have received restitution.

ADMIN
Old 01-18-2005, 11:25 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Nobody need bother pm'ing me until Daren, Dave, and the others sign off that they have received restitution.
PSJ, how will you ever know that all unhappy ARE customers have been made whole?
Old 01-18-2005, 09:55 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bickelfirebird
PSJ, how will you ever know that all unhappy ARE customers have been made whole?
i can only speak for myself, but i will be sure to post any such progress. but i am not holding my breath.

i would imagine others would post it as an fyi if things worked out somewhat reasonably.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:00 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Cuz I know all the guys Steve.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:10 AM
7 Second Club

Like I promised to Dave Underwood a year or two ago, ARE will never be a sponsor here again until guys in his shoes are made completely whole. Since I am one of the owners of the site there will be no budging.

ADMIN
I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. Accountability and dealing with self-created negative consequences are a wonderful thing on the net.I'm not naive enough to be holding my breath waiting on Nick.At this point I'm SOL,if he does what he says I will be in a much better position than I'm in now.I can't get back the 2 yrs I wasted,but the resolution we agreed to will address the dollars lost.

I sensed in my convo with Nick that the negative press for him and his company is getting to him personally in a big way.To go from being highly respected and at the top of the game to the bottom of the barrel in 2 short yrs has to bother a guy.I'll wait patiently for them to get Daren right,then it's my turn.

Hopefully he will come through. Dave
Old 01-19-2005, 11:29 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Well I see you Dave, Roman, Taner, and Daren all the time and we want to help in any way we can to get fair resolution.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

ADMIN
Thanks John We all appreciate it.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. Accountability and dealing with self-created negative consequences are a wonderful thing on the net.I'm not naive enough to be holding my breath waiting on Nick.At this point I'm SOL,if he does what he says I will be in a much better position than I'm in now.I can't get back the 2 yrs I wasted,but the resolution we agreed to will address the dollars lost.

I sensed in my convo with Nick that the negative press for him and his company is getting to him personally in a big way.To go from being highly respected and at the top of the game to the bottom of the barrel in 2 short yrs has to bother a guy.I'll wait patiently for them to get Daren right,then it's my turn.

Hopefully he will come through. Dave
Ya, I couldn't have said it better. We can never be made completely whole, for the lost time, frustrations, money.... I know I can never regain what I've lost, but some things can help if Nick comes through with the resolutions he told each of us. We heard all these promises before and now we shall see if Nick makes good on them and shows some trust.

I'll post up when I have any progress on my situation.

Last edited by WIKIDTA; 01-19-2005 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Adkoonerstrator

I sensed in my convo with Nick that the negative press for him and his company is getting to him personally in a big way.To go from being highly respected and at the top of the game to the bottom of the barrel in 2 short yrs has to bother a guy.I'll wait patiently.....
Dave - I spoke with Nick tonight and I couldn't explain it any better than you did in the quote above. I honestly feel Nick is trying to get things squared away and it is just going to take some more time. I will also wait patiently and let Nick get things taken care of.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:22 PM
FormerVendor

ARE employees how does it feel to work for a shop that has ARE's reputation.I have nothing against you guys,but it must really suck to be associated with this company.Personally I couldn't do it.

Dave
It did suck hearing all the people flippin all the time. I think it took another worker , I hear Fern might have left ? BTW, I was blamed for yet another motor. I'll see the guy this year and straighten it out... I didn't even build it, will be the first thing I tell him!
Old 01-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Launching!

Just to clear things for Dave, he was a great (one of our best) LS1/LT1 engine builders. Maybe he will be an engine builder for us again ?
Couldn't say it better than Dave Underwood/ Darren/ John K or agree more to some of the points made.

The employees over the past year have gone through a very rough time and am happy that most have hung in there, I thank them all for that and want to say publicly that they are all skilled people are great at what they do and give 100%. I Feel it only proper to mention how strong the employees have been through all this.

If there are any comments or questions please email or PM me

Thanks

Quick Reply: Agostino Racing