LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

All Absolute outstanding order info

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 07:42 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,240 Likes on 791 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Bankruptcy is a drastic step. That ruins a person's credit for life.

If Jay needs a few bux to finish the heads, I would presume that he would ask since he's not going to get all summer from these guys.

Getting pushed into involuntary bankruptcy is an ugly house of cards for the company. It gets a lot more ugly than folks think. And the Bush administration is pushing for tougher bankruptcy laws.

In any event, seems like one of you is the ringleader now to get stuff resolved. Good luck and do what you have to do.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor

My motor is suppose to be delivered today. I spoke with the shipping company, because I was the one who paid for shipping. So there is a motor and it is coming this way. I know that I did not get my heads...still. What I got and again I have not verified it yet, is a low mileage short block with my cam and lifters installed and a set of bare stock heads that I have no use for. I was told, not by Jay, that I should see my heads in about a month. That Jay sold his car and it was a local sale show it should go quick. The CNC shop has 11 sets of heads done and they have been waiting for their money for some time. He is going to use the money to get the heads out of CNC shop jail and complete them and send them to everyone.

That is all that I know or has been relayed. Do we know what shop Jay uses for CNC work? Telephone number?
Old 03-28-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Guys, the legal counsel is in motion.... I've given him most of the story, unbiased as much as I could. I still need to meet with him on Tues or Wed to still go thru the rest of the story and also print off some of these A.S. threads, and double-check to be sure I have everyone's name / info handed over to him.

Shortly after that, I expect that our first step will be taken. Don't ask me what that might be, 'cuz I don't know right now. I personally don't think that its going to be a full-fledged suit against him at this point (I don't think any of us want that, as it may just require a little "legal-push" and, I hate to say it, a bit more patience to get our remaining product delivered as promised). Regardless, I will see if he can make a couple posts directly to this site, as opposed to going thru me as a go-between.

I still anxiously await the delivery of my heads from Jay, and I really want to praise him for the excellent workmanship to help get his business back afloat. But we've got to see some results first! Let's hope that with the sale of his vehicle it'll bring a few more deliveries of those outstanding orders.

- Mike
Old 03-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Old Drag Racer

When was the last time anyone talked to Jay on the phone? Anybody talked to him since his car auction ended to see if that deal, in fact, went through? Summer's coming up fast and I think we all want our stuff now, not later. I'm just checking in as usual so please post any "Jay sightings".
Old 03-29-2005, 08:23 AM
Staging Lane

Default motor

My motor came in yesterday and I went to the shop to take a quick look. I am disappointed, but why should that suprise anyone. When I cut the deal on the shortblock in June, I was told that it was a service take out that there was a problem with the real seal. During this long process I also find out that the ear on the block for the starter was broken and that is why it was at the machine shop. It appears to be fixed although I do not know how strong it is and it looks like hell. ( this motor is going into a magizine quality 69 camaro) On the back of the motor there is a plate and it appears that the flywheel sheared off one bolt, damaged the plate and hit 2 more. Also the bottom bolt hole on the right side that goes into the oil pan looks either stripped or another bolt it broken off. That is what i saw in about 30 seconds. I did not have time to pull it apart yet. I was also suppose to get new sensors (none) New oil pump(don't know yet) Valve covers (sent old style, not what we agreed on) and a set of used heads (stock)with used valves, no springs. Why would he send me those things I have no idea.

So it appears that the motor came out of a wrecked car by the damage that I saw, so I am either going to have to scrap the whole deal and start over, Jay is going to send me another motor (yea right) or I am going to spend even more money fixing this one and I am still not sure the starter ear will hold up not the actual mileage on the block.

With all of that being said, I can only imagine what type of quality I am going to get with the heads that are coming. Obviously I am not happy and I have left a message for Jay and he has not returned it. I just want my money back now as I do not trust this guy nor do I think he is trying to make things right.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:06 AM
Old Drag Racer

Sorry to hear that Payton. Seriously. Please let us know how Jay responds when/if you ever talk to him about your situation. I'm going to step up my efforts this week to try to get ahold of him to see where things stand on the sale of his car and how likely some of the rest of us are to get our heads because of that sale.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:50 AM
10 Second Club

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I'm amazed at the self control you guys have. The mere fact that nobody has beat the **** of him says tons about the quality of people on this board. I would be hard pressed not to extract a bit of payback.......

Good Luck guys, I hope you guys recoup all or at least a bit of what is owed.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just spoke with Jay for you guys. His car is leaving friday. Then he is paying his bill at the cnc shop. I will try to find out which cnc shop he uses, but at the moment its a big secret. I think the guy Lawnboy might have a connection at the cnc shop and is selling LS1 heads with Jays ports.

Payton Im sorry to hear about the motor. I found out that the motor you have actually is a low mile motor pulled out of a camaro at Husted chevrolet here on long island New York. Im wondering if you called there with the vin # if they can tell you more about why it was pulled out. I know Scott Merkel did look it over and he is the one who repaired the starter boss. It is probably stronger then stock it just needs to be ground down to look better. Jay bought that motor to do piston to valve clearence checks for customers. I know he paid 1500 for it himself. Im sure if you post up you need miscelaneous bolts and sensors someone here would help you out.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:20 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

LS1Tech 10 Year

Mike, thanks for the help. Are you saying that there are a number of heads at this shop and that they will be released?
Old 03-29-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mike m
I just spoke with Jay for you guys. His car is leaving friday. Then he is paying his bill at the cnc shop. I will try to find out which cnc shop he uses, but at the moment its a big secret.

Thanks Mike M. Any information you can deliver to us will be a HUGE help.
Let's hope that you also bring good news regarding the release of all of our "jailed" heads....
Old 03-29-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Mike, Seriously.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Mike, thanks for the help. Are you saying that there are a number of heads at this shop and that they will be released?
Jay has 11 sets of heads there. Jay also buys all for the parts for the heads from this cnc shop. He said something about doing 3 sets a week. We'll see what happens by the end of next week.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:21 AM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Absolute Speed

Hello ,
To clear things up, I bought a few pairs of Absolute Speed Heads A while back, I had 3 camaro's at one time, A 97 SS. a 99 SS and and now a 2001 SS 6 speed.
Also my friend ownes a 99 TA and a 2000 TA road race car, between the both of us we had 5-6 pairs of Absolute Speed Heads. I sold all the heads One pair of 5.3 that were brand new never run, One pair of New LT1 stage 2 heads that i still have,
I am trying to sell a set of used LS6 243 casting stage 2 heads (anyone interested?) because I decided to install a STS turbo system on my 01 SS, and decided to get a set of ported 6.0L heads for lower compression.

I am NOT selling heads for Jay, these are all my heads, yes i did have a pair for months down at his shop, And i did have Jay install better new valve springs on my heads befor i sold them.

I will be buying his Absolute Speed CNC port programs soon.
He is the best cylinder head porter i know, his work is the best i ever seen, and his cam - ported head combos are proven ALL OVER.

He was running his business as a one man army for 3 years and could not handle all the orders, Because he has a world class product and puts a lot of time and effort into his work, he fell behind, it could happen to anyone.

He is a good person and a great guy, and really was not out to rip anyone off, I will stand 100% behind that.,

I know hes getting on his Feet now, sold his car, and will be taken care of his back orders, so relax you will get your heads, i know its been a long time, i would be pissed off to and would probable bet him up bad, I will punch him for you guys

I have been on his case everyday to do the right thing and i do feel for you guys.

When i buy the CNC port programs i will have heads in stock ready to ship, Any one who orders will have there heads,within 2 weeks, depending on any specail work.

He has a guy picking up his car at the end of the week, and is Paying his CNC bill, so you guys will be taken care of, he has to clear up all this mess.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawnboy
Hello ,
To clear things up, I bought a few pairs of Absolute Speed Heads A while back, I had 3 camaro's at one time, A 97 SS. a 99 SS and and now a 2001 SS 6 speed.
Also my friend ownes a 99 TA and a 2000 TA road race car, between the both of us we had 5-6 pairs of Absolute Speed Heads. I sold all the heads One pair of 5.3 that were brand new never run, One pair of New LT1 stage 2 heads that i still have,
I am trying to sell a set of used LS6 243 casting stage 2 heads (anyone interested?) because I decided to install a STS turbo system on my 01 SS, and decided to get a set of ported 6.0L heads for lower compression.

I am NOT selling heads for Jay, these are all my heads, yes i did have a pair for months down at his shop, And i did have Jay install better new valve springs on my heads befor i sold them.

I will be buying his Absolute Speed CNC port programs soon.
He is the best cylinder head porter i know, his work is the best i ever seen, and his cam - ported head combos are proven ALL OVER.

He was running his business as a one man army for 3 years and could not handle all the orders, Because he has a world class product and puts a lot of time and effort into his work, he fell behind, it could happen to anyone.

He is a good person and a great guy, and really was not out to rip anyone off, I will stand 100% behind that.,

I know hes getting on his Feet now, sold his car, and will be taken care of his back orders, so relax you will get your heads, i know its been a long time, i would be pissed off to and would probable bet him up bad, I will punch him for you guys

I have been on his case everyday to do the right thing and i do feel for you guys.

When i buy the CNC port programs i will have heads in stock ready to ship, Any one who orders will have there heads,within 2 weeks, depending on any specail work.

He has a guy picking up his car at the end of the week, and is Paying his CNC bill, so you guys will be taken care of, he has to clear up all this mess.

You e-mailed me and told me you were the "new owner of AS and Jay was working for you," you already bought AS. You also said, I could order heads and would have them in 2 weeks, that was over a month ago. You also gave me a price. I think you are full of ****.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Lawnboy

Until a few things are cleared up and I mean cleared up - No more B.S. only documented provable facts, I would hope no one would buy heads from you.

1. You said you see Jay everyday. Where do you see him? Give us an address!

2. Are you buying the CNC program from Jay personally or from his corporation? Does he have a corporation?

3. You said you bought several sets of heads a while back. How far back? Did you get preferential treatment over others on this board? Post up your proof of purchase so we can all see the dates!

4. Whatever you pay for the CNC program belongs to the customers on this board and creditors. Giving Jay the money directly and allowing it to simply disappear would forever taint your reputation.

5. We all disagree with your premise that Jay is simply a poor business man!
Lying, stealing and cheating is fraud.

Show us that you are honest and independent from Jay. Post up the truth for all to see!
Old 03-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default absolute Speed

When did i say i see him everyday???

#1 Thats not true, #2, I have nothing to do with his business and who he did not send heads - parts- motors too.

I DO NOT own Absolute Speed or do i work for him at all.
I am interested in buying the Absolute Speed Port programs from him, and selling Absolute Speed heads.
Having heads in stock ready to be shipped, Anyone can offer Jay this.

Right away you jump on me and make up things that are not true.
Yes i am very interested in buying His CNC LS1-LS6-LS2 port programs.

I am not responsiable for Jays past business transactions, And have nothing to do with this war,

I am sure he is going to settle with you guys, I just responded to this post because I heard i was been accused in selling Absolute speed heads for Jay.

Anyone who wants to talk to me about this can call 516 769-1423
Old 03-30-2005, 10:38 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

LS1Tech 10 Year

Thanks for coming into the thread lawnboy.

We have to get these guys their stuff, I think there are ten or so sets pending.

Once all the old crap is resolved, then folks will trust you or anyone touting AS cnc ports. Right now you would have a very tough time selling AS stuff, cuz these 10 guys and their couple hundred buddies will run you into the ground.

ADMIN
Old 03-30-2005, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Default motor

I see that some interesting stuff has been going on.

My turn.

Took my motor the machine shop. It appears that a bolt from the factory came out of the rear plate and caught on the flywheel breaking the starter ear off. It was repaired, but it is ugly...it will need additonal work. Pulled the unassembled heads. Jay was suppose to have fly cut the pistons...he cut them alright. 1 and 2 cylinder piston is cut to depth and they (the rest of the cylinders)progressively get shallower as you go back towards the rear of the motor. I am not sure if we can correct the pistons or not. Very much a hack job. I have not pulled the pan yet. Pulled the lifters. I sent a new set of Comp R lifters and cam to be installed. The lifters in the motor are used. The cam appears new, but I am not sure if it is my cam until I get it out and he kept my magnum pushrods. I am sure they are on someone elses motor with my lifters and probably my cam.

So the BuFu continues. So far it appears to me Jay Owes me another $420 plus the short block I ordred not this piece of trash. Lifters, pushrods and a set of heads.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mike m
Jay has 11 sets of heads there. Jay also buys all for the parts for the heads from this cnc shop. He said something about doing 3 sets a week. We'll see what happens by the end of next week.

Hopefully there's a couple more than 11 sets of heads there. By the notes that people have sent me, I count approx 14 sets of heads owed to his customers (maybe 13, maybe 15), just from this msg-board alone.

Not bashing you at all, Mike M; your info is appreciated. But I do hope that those extra few heads aren't forgotten about (if not already addressed in some other way that I wasn't made aware of, like a CC chargeback, etc)....
Old 03-30-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02RedHawk
Hopefully there's a couple more than 11 sets of heads there. By the notes that people have sent me, I count approx 14 sets of heads owed to his customers (maybe 13, maybe 15), just from this msg-board alone.

Not bashing you at all, Mike M; your info is appreciated. But I do hope that those extra few heads aren't forgotten about (if not already addressed in some other way that I wasn't made aware of, like a CC chargeback, etc)....
So PM me the list you have and I will try my best to go over the list with Jay and see whats up. If there were charge backs Ill let you know.

Quick Reply: All Absolute outstanding order info