LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

All Absolute outstanding order info

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I called and left Jay a message today, and he called back. He did tell me that his car was sold. He also said that he was going to try and meet with the CNC shop guy or something on sunday on his day off to find out what exactly he has and what needs to be done(as far as heads). Told me he would call me back sometime next week when he has a better idea of what he is dealing with. So I guess for now this is good news.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hope his car really did sell, even if it wasn't to the guy who bid on it from Ebay.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's an email I got from Jay about 15 minutes ago.....

"Mike, just to update you I have recieved the funds for my car and will be
headed to the cnc shop next week to pay him and go over what is done and what has
to be done. I believe your heads have been cnc'd and are just waiting for
valve job and parts. I should have a better idea on time after talking to him.
things are starting to look up, I will miss my car but at least my life is
headed in a better direction, thanks for everything
jay"
Old 04-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Old Drag Racer

I'm still on the "Do not call back" list I guess. I wish to heck he had let me know he was selling his car before he listed it. I bought another Stealth TT but would have bought his car from him had I known. I'd have gladly paid him all but the 1700 + some interest I would have calculated in for that car. Oh well, too bad for me.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Veteran

What sux is in about 2 weeks I see a post that says "the buyer of my car could not get approved financing" and the saga continues.... I dont mean to be a ***** and am not involved in any way in this fiasco, but have spoken to (Smokinstorm on the phone and have been here for a few years) and it just kills me to see some good folks get screwed out of their hard earned money and bend over backwards to take the higher road about it Please dont wait any longer to file/press charges or pursue any other avenues of recovery, this man has your money/parts and plans in his back pocket If he comes through THEN you can back off if need be...HE OWES ALL OF YA'LL
Old 04-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After all this time, Jay has no idea about anything that is going on. Doesn't know what's at the machine shop, doesn't know what parts he has, doesn't know who he owes what to!!! But give him a couple of more weeks and he'll get it all straightened out!

Duh!! He can't call the machine shop today, yesterday, last month, last year to find out what's going on but, hey, he'll go buy next week and check everything out.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Smokinstorm
I'm still on the "Do not call back" list I guess. I wish to heck he had let me know he was selling his car before he listed it. I bought another Stealth TT but would have bought his car from him had I known. I'd have gladly paid him all but the 1700 + some interest I would have calculated in for that car. Oh well, too bad for me.
Ha ha, don't worry....... I've been on the "do not call back at all ever for any reason list" since the get go. I think I'd pass out if he even left me a voice mail message. I personally have never heard back from him since last July. In a couple of months that will be 1 year.

Originally Posted by Redzvert
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After all this time, Jay has no idea about anything that is going on. Doesn't know what's at the machine shop, doesn't know what parts he has, doesn't know who he owes what to!!! But give him a couple of more weeks and he'll get it all straightened out

Duh!! He can't call the machine shop today, yesterday, last month, last year to find out what's going on but, hey, he'll go buy next week and check everything out.
Uh yeah...... I think many of us will share similar sentiments/doubts. I hope whatever action we can take through 02Redhawk's brother is still moving forward. Based on his last response, I'm real leary of everyone that is owed getting back their stuff. I hope Mike M. sent him that list so he is aware of who he owes what to.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Old Drag Racer

I'm still afraid that there are a hundred or so other people that he owes stuff to that have not found their way to this board. If this unfortunate situation is in fact the case, Jay has no hope of ever getting out of this mess so there's no need for him to even try. As far as I know, he's still only made delivery to Ed Blown Vert and Payton since last October, right? That's not a lot of product going out the door and both of those had some SERIOUS issues with them.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:42 AM
Old Drag Racer

OK, I too just checked my cell messages and buried in those was one from Jay. He called yesterday mid day. He's saying he's going to try to get up with the CNC dude on Sunday and at that point he'll know what the story is on everybody's heads. He said he has the money to bail our heads out of "CNC jail" now. I'm not getting too excited but at least I was contacted again. Let's hope for a peaceful resolution to this soon.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Guys I just got back from Vegas this morning and I wasnt able to post. Jay did sell his car but not to the guy who couldnt get a loan. Jay was told by the guys bank he was declined for the loan. Jay then relisted his car in the local newspaper and actually sold it in 2 days for $1500 more then he would have gotten on ebay. Jay will be going to the cnc shop tomorow. He called me yesterday to see if I would take the ride. Hope this helps.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Old Drag Racer

Thanks for going with him Mike M. Please don't get lost on the trip or anything because you've got to admit that one more excuse at this point will pretty much be the breaking point. I find it interesting that someone already predicted that the "couldn't get a loan for the car" excuse was going to be played as well. I guess the guy that couldn't get a loan for the car is the one that listed the sale as a scam, huh?
Old 04-08-2005, 11:41 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Talking

cool now maybe i as well as others will get an update.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:03 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mike add me to the list as I wasn't on it before.
2 sets I have on order, and I am sure Jay will remember what he owe's me.
He has a good memory and knows my order better than I do.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My brother is still "on it", however he did have to go out of town all last week (unexpectedly); he's returning on Monday of which I can fill him in with the latest news.

Jeremy, you're already on the list.... :-)

- Mike K
Old 04-11-2005, 06:33 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Talking

ok i thought he was going to the machine shop. what is the latest on this/
Old 04-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Old Drag Racer

I called and left a message on his answering maching so hopefully he'll return my call. I just asked if he had gotten down to the maching shop yesterday and how it went. I'm hoping to get a call back from him with some good news.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Lawnboy
I will be selling Absolute Speed heads not that i am Absolute Speed. Or own Absolute Speed.

I have my own business, I am not working for Jay, or is Jay working for me.
Absolute Speed does not exist anymore as far as anyone can tell so you will NOT be selling AS heads. You must brand them as your own. Legally the program belonged to the company and if a bankruptcy was delcared then it belongs as intellectual properties/assets to the company and can not be sold outside of it, nor can you claim that they are AS heads when you sell them as the company no longer exists. You can name them something else, however at that point if they did indeed belong to the bankrupt corp and you bought them after the fact you are not legaly obtaining them, and thus they would be concidered stolen property.

Personally, all I want my Stage II 6.0L heads and custom cam I ordered from Jay on Jan 12, 2004 as they would have been if they showed up like they were promised. However at this point of deception and BS, jailing him for mail fraud etc. works too.

Still waiting Jay, 1 year 3 months exactly...
BTW never got an answer from calls left on the last cell number listed.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:59 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

He's going to continue to take his time until he gets a summons to go to court.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
He's going to continue to take his time until he gets a summons to go to court.
Yeah...... it's looking that way for sure. I think getting him in court is something that unfortunately needs to happen most likely to get these outstanding orders resolved. As usual, once the legal system starts getting involved, I'm sure things will move along at a more rapid pace.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its coming. After the 15th, though.

Discussed the situation with my brother again yesterday. I may need to contact a couple of you to get a bit more info, so watch your email over the next couple days. I then plan on going back over to visit with him on Saturday, and figure out what the proper actions are to be taken.

He already is drafting a legal document to send to Jay, in addition to finding the location(s) on where to file in NY-state.

If/when Jay comes thru for us and gets us everything that was ordered (or refunds!), then we'll of course pull back on any pending claims or suits.

Quick Reply: All Absolute outstanding order info