LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Patriot's Quality Still Crap (long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 08:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was shopping around for heads recently and had considered Patriot.

First off, kudos to Gunnar and crew for doing the right thing, stepping up and taking the heat. Hopefully this is (another) lesson learned and you guys can kick the QC up a few notches.

The scary thing to me, though, is that car-enthusiasts shopping on bigtime retail websites like Jegs/Summit/etc will not see this post or know of any QC problems... It's not like those purchasers will be receiving some kind of recall notice before they install (or pay to have a shop install) their defective heads, correct ?...

It always pays to be informed.

Cheers,
Bad30th
Old 03-30-2005, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its stories like this that make me feel better going with TEA stage 3 AFR's, i seriously considered Patriot, but I WILL NOT accept things like this... although they cost DOUBLE the price.... I just cant afford to play the "hope these are problem free" game....... If I bought the patriots and a problem did occur, I'd only have myself to blame at this point.

Hopefully the people that buy these heads from big chains like summit racing have better luck than some of the people on here. Sorry to the people that have had problems, and congrats to the people that HAVEN'T.

Dame

Quick Reply: Patriot's Quality Still Crap (long)