LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Chuck of FLP's new side business, i would NOT deal with him

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

okay I must come in here and clear things up.

Chuck has been planning on going on his own since before Christmas.
I got a tranny from his 5-6 months ago.
It was a stage 4 4L60 trans. Brand new converter.
The setup worked real nice and put my mild H/C F body in the low 11's. (I live in Fla so racing during the winter is easy)
About 3 weeks after having the tranny and 12-15 races never running a full slick and never dead hooking the case completly broke and was destroyed.
I sent the tranny back in early Jan to be fixed.
I have had more excuses then broken parts and have done my very best at keeping my head straight.
I have always delt with Chuck and never Phil but have always recieved a excuse.
The tranny was supposed to be finished and back to me by the time the superboal was over. Then it was the end of Feb.
Then it was next week, next week, next week, next week, next week, next week, you get the idea.
I still dont have the trans, the old trans still isn't out of the box or torn apart, and I still have the next week excuse.

NOW ALL ASIDE I AM NOT BASHING CHUCK.
Please dont get me wrong. I am simply posting this because I understand a brother's pain and am trying to give any doubters more proof that Chuck hasn't been delivering on him promises.
BTW the price dosen't matter. Chuck worked for FLP and price isn't a issue.
I will still continue to order tranny's through Chuck is this on stays together. I feel Chuck is a good person who has over swamped himself in work and in moving and didn't get some important things taken care of first.
These are just my oponion's what was posted above were facts.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by butcher1

Sean , I must be reading a different post than you. Phil's post doesn't exactly coincide with yours. According to Phil , when you contacted FLP about fixing your trans , Chuck didn't work for FLP. Did you know this? If you didn't , then that would be Phil's fault for not telling you. If he did , then I really don't understand why you never contacted Chuck. Phil doesn't mention any bullshit excuses either. He clearly says that Chuck was extremely busy and , at the time , had more work than he could handle. It appears that you simply caught him at a bad time. I understand that you're not too happy that nothing was done for 7 weeks , most people would be pissed about that. But what should Chuck have done? Should he have screwed several other people who ordered their transmissions before you just so you could get your trans right away? As for talking to the people who actually work on my car , you're goddamn right I would. It doesn't matter what car it is , I always talk to the person that does the work. When I had a cam installed by Speed several years ago , I talked to Jim a couple of time about a custum grind cam they had that would work in my car. After the cam was installed I talked to Dan about the work he did and how it went. When the the car was tuned I again talked to Jim about what he was doing. I always talk to the person/people who actually work on my car because they are the only ones who know for sure what was done. I don't only talk to the person that answers the phone because that person might not know exactly what was happening. I'm not sure why you have a bug up your ***. I didn't insult you , I didn't call you any names , I didn't even say you were full of ****. I was just baffled as to how you could bash someone that you didn't have any contact with of any kind. After reading what Phil wrote , I'm even more puzzled as to why you never talked to Chuck.

Acturally if Chuck didn't work for them anymore then that makes SilverGhost's story even better. Chuck is FLP's builder now just as he was before. He was a employee before and a sub contractor now.
Why would silver have talked to the sub contractor when the sub works for the main contractor?
If I build a house using ABC contruction and TnT Concrete does my concrete work I have no reason to talk to TnT as they have no business with me and I have none with them.
My purchase was through ABC.
I think the only part where there was a misunderstanding was time frame as Phil states. Phil might be the one to blame on the quoted 2 weeks, but I dont know, I'm not there. What I do know is many people were put on the backburner to get the new shop opened.
I have been very patient and still am. Like I said before I have no beef with Chuck and will continue to use him.
Where I feel the problem was created is God's fault. He only has 24 hours in a day and not 40 hours. There is only so much work that can be done.
FLP should have stoped taking orders a few weeks earlier then thay did and that would have given everyone a better time frame, and made everything go easier. They did stop taking order's trying to make the move painless, and it seems they had a good plan to make the move quick and easy.
All in all I must say it seems like a HUGE pain in the *** transaction like this was given a 110% chance of going smothly. It didn't go as nicely as planned but I do believe both Chuck and FLP gave it a damn good try.
Sometimes no matter how hard to try you still fail, or are not as successful as your would like.
This is the case here.

Phil, just so you know I am the guy you have spoke to 100 times but have never had a converstaion with.
This is Jeremy who always talks to chuck.

Also to continue to suppost Chuck in his new business his new number is 630-350-7776, he is still very busy so dont call for a few weeks.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pack it up and ship it to Futral Motorsports.. after all.. If his transmission can live in the fastest ls1 f-body, then I'm sure he has to be doing something right.

Peace,
Josh

Quick Reply: Chuck of FLP's new side business, i would NOT deal with him