LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Dishonest vendor, Chris at Speed Demon Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dishonest vendor, Chris at Speed Demon Motorsports

I purchased a rear end from Chris at Speed Demon Motorsports which started to howl so loud I couldn't here the stereo in my C5. Chris replaced it after a 4 month wait and then this second rear end also began howling to the point that I am afraid to drive the car.
The rear ends had both sets of gears set up incorrectly, Chris at Speed Demon Motorsports closed his shop and will not return my calls or email and as of August he has reopened his business and will not contact me.
Look out for his name as he has advertised on this site.
Hope this helps,
Gary Goessling
Old 09-03-2005, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

That's definately not the way to do business. Take this as a sign especially since this is the second time. You might try confronting him about you're continuing ordeal.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:12 AM
Vax
TECH Apprentice

Don't have him install another rear end if you get the option, have him pay someone else to do it right since he managed to **** it up twice.

If he won't stand by his product maybe some kind of legal action can be looked into?
Old 09-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Teching In

Chris K. at Speed Demon Motorssports will not contact me, he must be screening his phone calls because one of the administrators on this site tried to help me by calling Chris K.and Chris answered the phone and told our administator he would call me and straighten out the error. That was 2 weeks ago and not a word from this vendor.Ckris K. at Speed Demon Motorsports is a dishonest person.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Gary, I am soooooo sorry I recommended him to you. He seemed like an honest guy all the times I had delt with him and seemed very knowledgeable. I feel like a complete fool now and partly responsible since I probably swayed your decision.

If you do get it somewhat fixed, call Bill at Elco he'll do you right. He's amazing.
Andy
Old 09-07-2005, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

I haven't dealt with Chris for about 4 years now, but back in the day he helped me out a good bit with my LT1 car.. I hope he works things out for you soon.. Goodluck!!

Quick Reply: Dishonest vendor, Chris at Speed Demon Motorsports