LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Unresolved John Pham/ Phamspeed/ Groundzero transaction

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO it is compleate BULLSHIT that you're trying to tell him that you cant make time to fix your own fuckup. It is not his problem, fix that **** or give him his money back. Saying that you're "just too busy" is a really weak excuse.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

And from an outsiders point of view. If you dont fix it, and keep previous customers happy, this is bound to reflect on future customers, and their choice of who to buy parts from...

Making the time now to keep things right would be worth it in the long run, for both yourself, and GZ.

Many a good company has suffered at the hands of the intenet, as well as profited from it.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

I dont know why companies with good reputation F*** themselves by doing stupid things like this. And i can't believe you told him you don't have time to fix the mistake!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!

PurEvl, you should ask for a full refund. I hope you paid by a credit card. If you did just send him the whole kit and call the credit card company. It usually work faster that way to solve the problem. Good luck man.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LT1-7
Really, this has nothing to do with GroundZero beside the fact that I work for them.

I told you even the first time I got your call that it might take me a while to fix the problem. One being I can't fix this being clocked on. It wasn't GZ's problem so I don't intend for them to pay for it. Second, I have to do it on my own time which I really don't have enough of. You're not the only one I'm doing work for, trust me I have my hands full on and off work. I told you over and over again and you said you understood but you in your own words you said " my customer is being a pain in the ***". I told you I would fix it and that's what I'm going to do

you mean slowhawk said that since hes the guy doing them, im the guy who shelled out thousands for the kit and the guy whos car is ******* dead all summer and now winter too. Your going to fix it by crushin pipes, that isnt going to fix **** an you knowit. If you took five minutes to mount the header on the REAL head you would see yourself but you havent even done that have you. Everytime i call you say another week yet you havent opened the box. Slowhawk words over 100 hours a week and your crying about 50-60.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT1-7
Really, this has nothing to do with GroundZero beside the fact that I work for them.

I told you even the first time I got your call that it might take me a while to fix the problem. One being I can't fix this being clocked on. It wasn't GZ's problem so I don't intend for them to pay for it. Second, I have to do it on my own time which I really don't have enough of. You're not the only one I'm doing work for, trust me I have my hands full on and off work. I told you over and over again and you said you understood but you in your own words you said " my customer is being a pain in the ***". I told you I would fix it and that's what I'm going to do

If GM came to me and told me some of the prototype parts, they spent a good amount of on, dont fit, it would be a top priority to take care of what was messed up, It doesnt matter if the shop that machined the parts messed up or a technitian messed up building it. Its still my fault since i am the representative for the product and will deal with the "fault" internally. And as for the company not paying for your time to fix it... that is the companies problem and will reflect negavely on the company as a whole to its customers

Last edited by DanO; 12-03-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Also phamspeed should have known selling something to be will get you press good or bad, the god damn car is known everywhere and everyone on this forum has been waiting for big things. I look like a moron all year with nothing to show. Thanks for that. I even told people how nice the kit was and im praying i didnt get anyone into this heap of ****. I wont speak about something until its on my OWN car from now on thats for sure.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DanO
If GM came to me and told me some of the prototype parts, they spent a good amount of on, dont fit, it would be a top priority to take care of what was messed up, It doesnt matter if the shop that machined the parts messed up or a technitian messed up building it. Its still my fault since i am the representative for the product and will deal with the "fault" internally.
Exactly, also slowhawk is the guy building this car but he was going to eat the cost of this kit which he has nothing to do with. I said no f'king way...but what he did get was lost time an hunk of **** car stuck at his house forever. He takes my car to shows, races etc to get business and thankfully its been a good year for him and he really doesnt need it. Business's should take lessons from him, eating 4-5k of someone elses problem....not on my watch
Old 12-03-2005, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Why didn't anybody say anything before?
I remember being flamed months ago when I advised caution about the Phamspeed kit. Sorry to hear people got screwed, but you can't say you weren't warned.

Mark
Old 12-03-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Junkie

I never heard. You did the right thing and the people that flamed you should go **** themselves.

About not having enough time because of the GroundZero job, of course that's understandable. Ask for all the parts back and give Purevl a FULL refund.

Business is tough? Yeah it is... that's why I didn't go into business. I couldn't do it. You need alot of money and take alot of initial hits to do it right and root the foundations. If you go into business, it's because you're prepared to do it right.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mdhmi
I remember being flamed months ago when I advised caution about the Phamspeed kit. Sorry to hear people got screwed, but you can't say you weren't warned.

Mark
people bitched about clearance, i was going to fix that on my own...we are talking about headers not fitting what so ever. But thanks anyway
Old 12-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Launching!

good luck dude
Old 12-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Thats alot of weight hanging on those manifolds.... I hope with all the extra fabbing you guys did you added a brace to support the weight of the turbo.

Kyle
Exactly 45lbs hanging on tubes that are 1/16th" thick. Impossible for them to not crack. Only way they could have braced the turbo is if they have flex joints/bellows in the tubes to isolate engine movement. Look at the system I posted a week ago and you'll understand what I'm talking about. I also mentioned a word of warning to all, the price was way way to cheap for what you're getting. In reality it should have been double that, of course that's taking into consideration them putting in the time to make sure each and every one fits correctly.

Brett
Old 12-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Launching!

sorry
Old 12-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hellbents10
I think the only correct way to do a turbo setup on a car that was never ever intended to have on is have it doen by the people making the kit. The setup should be made on the car to fit the car and installed as such. Leaving you the consumer to drop it off and pick up a turbocharged car. Ready to run.
I do turbo setups on customers cars and many have asked for 4.3l "kits" I just do not feel comfortable building on a engine stand with a jig....there is enough room for any error. Then having someone with less then exceptional mechanical skills trying to put a turbocharger on a vehicle, making sure it works properly and then tunning it with stellar results.
I knwo there a few really good kits out there. But to put then on and have them running as they are ment to or how they should, well....you almost have to be able to build your own kit.

If phamspeed was building the headers on your car the problem would probibly not have came up. Then agian if you do not trust your car with them why would you have them send you a expen$ive turbo kit.

I feel for you though its really difficult to keep going sometimes. It get to the point were you keep questioning what you are doing.

Look at Nastyta he will be happy as all hell when his car comes back from Stenod. I have seen there cars at the track....the look good...they are built even better...and they haul the mail. He has a lot of knowledge from what I can tell yet he made the right decision buy sending it over there to get done.
I completly agree with you man. I've been asked to do multiple kits before and I just don't see how it's possible to make things fit as well when building things the same for every car. Each car has different needs and even carst that are identicle are never as close to each other as one would think.

I will continue only doing custom make kits on cars to avoid ever running into situations like this. BTW, why try to sell a kit for dirt cheap when their are so many people willing to pay for something that works with no problems and actually fits like it came on the car?

The whole turbo movement is getting screwed up by people thinking it's a bolt on deal. Well I'm hear to tell everyone it's not, nor is it cheap. Every week I see post about budget turbo kit something or other, I also going to tell you there is no such thing as budget and turbo. Every system will cost double what you ever thought it would. Pay once to have it done right or live a weekly nightmare of fixing a cheap e-bay setup all the time.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PurEvl
the god damn car is known everywhere and everyone on this forum has been waiting for big things. I look like a moron all year with nothing to show..
BELIEVE ME- Been there, done that.

Without ripping open healed scabs- some of the most unethical, greedy, lazy, immoral shop owners/vendors/distributors/etc, etc, take up shop on these boards like fvcking ticks sucking blood from a host. The let cars sit for MONTHS and MONTHS, sell stuff thats questionable, and often get away with it until theres an uproar. Occasionally there's the "added insult to injury" where you get labeled "a bad customer" because you have the audacity to speak up.

PurEvl.. I hope to get ALL your money back or bend one of those fvcking useless headers over his empty skull.. scumbags..
Old 12-03-2005, 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, 'I don't have the time'!?!?! I'd be over at the dudes house with my foot 3' up his *** watching him fix my headers! That's absolute BS you've been waiting this long for something that was paid for how many months ago?

GZ needs to toss this clown on the street for bringing them all the bad press... I know I wouldn't want him working for me!
Old 12-03-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

I never bought the tublar phamspeed kit, I bought one of the udget kits.

I was told itd be a few weeks, possibly more since I was having my kit built around a set of short headers. John knew this from the word GO that I was going to be sending him the headers for the kit to be built around.

Well about two months into waiting for the kit, I receive an E-mail from Pham saying that the headers have different flanges on them and there is going to be an extra charge (I can see that since they are different), and that it would take a week longer to get the flanges (they were made in florida dont know why) so I really didnt have much of a choice so I said fine.

The first set of flanges that came from their florida provider didnt fit, he said he could drill out the holes and jimmy it all together and make it fit. It has already been 4 months so I was like fine whatever. Asked if my turbo was there, could they send that, "Nope hasnt made it in yet".

Now we get to the good part, his brother decided not to help him any longer (prolly saw the shitty work on the tublar kits) and he somehow got a job at GroundZero. he sends me an e-mail stating that he has to leave his current shop and wont be able to make my kit. That he can either refund my money(should have done that) or he could build me one of the new GZ kit for almost twice as much as we had already agreed on.

I admit I kinda lost it when I read that e-mail. And decided that I wasnt going to let him out of this. I call him up and we talk. he makes every possible excuse, and finally the peice de resistance is "I have no where to make the kit, I cant do it at the new shop, its not in my contract, AND THEY WILL SUE ME IF I DO IT THERE" I started laughing and calmly asked him "What makes you think I wont sue you, your breaching a verbal contract you executed when you accepted my money?????" I will now reinact his responce "silence"

This guy is out to screew people. The only redemption is that his kits wernt that expensive so if you did get screwded your not out the 5-7k some of the other kits are.

good luck pureevl
ed
Old 12-03-2005, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

we need a poll,

whos worse

Dave Inall

or

John Pham???

I wonder if it would impact APS or GZ's commitment to that person
Old 12-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 69firebird
I never bought the tublar phamspeed kit, I bought one of the udget kits.

I was told itd be a few weeks, possibly more since I was having my kit built around a set of short headers. John knew this from the word GO that I was going to be sending him the headers for the kit to be built around.

Well about two months into waiting for the kit, I receive an E-mail from Pham saying that the headers have different flanges on them and there is going to be an extra charge (I can see that since they are different), and that it would take a week longer to get the flanges (they were made in florida dont know why) so I really didnt have much of a choice so I said fine.

The first set of flanges that came from their florida provider didnt fit, he said he could drill out the holes and jimmy it all together and make it fit. It has already been 4 months so I was like fine whatever. Asked if my turbo was there, could they send that, "Nope hasnt made it in yet".

Now we get to the good part, his brother decided not to help him any longer (prolly saw the shitty work on the tublar kits) and he somehow got a job at GroundZero. he sends me an e-mail stating that he has to leave his current shop and wont be able to make my kit. That he can either refund my money(should have done that) or he could build me one of the new GZ kit for almost twice as much as we had already agreed on.

I admit I kinda lost it when I read that e-mail. And decided that I wasnt going to let him out of this. I call him up and we talk. he makes every possible excuse, and finally the peice de resistance is "I have no where to make the kit, I cant do it at the new shop, its not in my contract, AND THEY WILL SUE ME IF I DO IT THERE" I started laughing and calmly asked him "What makes you think I wont sue you, your breaching a verbal contract you executed when you accepted my money?????" I will now reinact his responce "silence"

This guy is out to screew people. The only redemption is that his kits wernt that expensive so if you did get screwded your not out the 5-7k some of the other kits are.

good luck pureevl
ed
Wow...............This guy sounds like a real headcase if all of this is true..........
Old 12-03-2005, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

i don't understand why companies hire people with such shitty backgrounds, APS makes some real nice stuff, but I wouldn't buy anything from them just on principal. I pondered buying the pham kit, I'm glad i decided against it.

Quick Reply: Unresolved John Pham/ Phamspeed/ Groundzero transaction