LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Unresolved John Pham/ Phamspeed/ Groundzero transaction

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 10:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Unresolved John Pham/ Phamspeed/ Groundzero transaction

well since forcefed let it out about his kit, my phamspeed never even made it on, we bolted the headers up an couldnt EVEN PUT the plugs in period. The plugs are blocked by the tubes, come to find out they were mocked up on a blank head. So now john pham has a head of mine to use to remock it but hes gonna crush the pipes instead since he would have to rebuild the whole thing to make it right and hes REAL busy at groundzero motorsports, boo ******* hoo for him. What a crock of ****. Im out 4400 because the whole ******* kit is useless. I have gotten many pm's from members with lots of complaints just like me. Enough is enough, I gave him these to fix almost 2 months ago an hes yet to even open the box to look at his horrible header making skills. I would like Groundzero to look at whose working for him.

How about this pham, instead of dicking me around, give me half(2200) my money back and we will call it even. One thing i do have is money an a good lawyer. ***** in your court. You got my headers (worthless and you know it since you cant fix em) friggin rebuild em or pay me. I will even take a hot parts kit from ground zero and cut my losses.

Pro stock an other mods, let this stand please, and others with issues please come forward. Thanks for listening to me bitch, i spent thousands to go nowhere and still spending to go another route
Old 12-03-2005, 10:47 AM
7 Second Club

sorry dude... sounds like grounds for an *** whipin'
Old 12-03-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Why didn't anybody say anything before? You're doing the right thing, but if that's how their headers are, lot's of forum users here with their headers kit should have known this and said something WAY before.

Instead, people keep getting screwed over like Purevl. When I was researching kits, I almost bought the Phamspeed. The ONLY reason I didn't was because I couldn't get in touch with them for the life of me. They just didn't pick up the phone... Good thing, I guess.

Shieeeet... Everyone was recommending it before and after installs were being made. How can this be if this is how their headers are? Purevl is not the only one to say this, but it's being said now... long after installs have been made, track passes, dyno #'s, the whole ******* nine. This is absurd...

We have a forum here to help each other out and we're not using it correctly.

Purevl, you should get all your money back... Heh, I just remembered something... In another thread you made a sarcastic comment about the PTK kit that three people here have already installed, running, and extending only accolades about fitment and quality... something like... "he wants it before 2009" to the person interested.

People here RIP STS like crazy, prochargers/vortechs are boring, Hi Flo gets recommended on every other thread though no one has it installed, the PTK gets ripped, the TTI DOES get recommended, a BADASS, PROVEN, kit but everyone ignores it. Everyone recommended the Phamspeed, posted numbers, said that it was so good, etc. and nobody wanted to RIP into it. People can't get to their own plugs to change them? Number one: It's about time people start bitching here. Number two: You guys need your money back ASAP, better late than never, I suppose.

Last edited by bboyferal; 12-03-2005 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

I bust on jose jokingly...go reread the thread as i wish he told me he had one sitting there

I didnt get to my kit until long after they were closed and gone, no one said a thing about there kits being screwed until recently. Ya that sucks for me but see it from there view, there hoping to get help from john so they dont want to bash...I have had enough so heres the thread. I posted it since i saw forcedfeds post, i have pm's from other members, if they want to come forward they can.

Like i said half the money or hot parts from his new company kit would do...i will just sell it
Old 12-03-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Junkie

No no no... I know you were joking.

It's just that it lead to my next point.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:54 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the only correct way to do a turbo setup on a car that was never ever intended to have on is have it doen by the people making the kit. The setup should be made on the car to fit the car and installed as such. Leaving you the consumer to drop it off and pick up a turbocharged car. Ready to run.
I do turbo setups on customers cars and many have asked for 4.3l "kits" I just do not feel comfortable building on a engine stand with a jig....there is enough room for any error. Then having someone with less then exceptional mechanical skills trying to put a turbocharger on a vehicle, making sure it works properly and then tunning it with stellar results.
I knwo there a few really good kits out there. But to put then on and have them running as they are ment to or how they should, well....you almost have to be able to build your own kit.

If phamspeed was building the headers on your car the problem would probibly not have came up. Then agian if you do not trust your car with them why would you have them send you a expen$ive turbo kit.

I feel for you though its really difficult to keep going sometimes. It get to the point were you keep questioning what you are doing.

Look at Nastyta he will be happy as all hell when his car comes back from Stenod. I have seen there cars at the track....the look good...they are built even better...and they haul the mail. He has a lot of knowledge from what I can tell yet he made the right decision buy sending it over there to get done.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

glad i didn't jump on that bandwagon. if something seems too good to be true it usually is..
Old 12-03-2005, 11:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

hellbent...thats why my new setup is being made on the car..but theres kits that do work out of the box...this is just frigging absurd...its not even close.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:59 AM
TECH Junkie

You're absolutely right on.

Remember Hellbent, though, many people have STS's, TTi's, PTK's, Vortechs, and Prochargers (once they find their belt solutions) that are quite happy and beat on their cars regularly. Moreover, they've had their installs done for some time now, too.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:01 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Righ it takes a ton of R&D to get to that point to make a setup that just plain works though. I hope that everything turns out good for you purevil, I always liked what you are doing to the car. These guys definatly owe you something....
Old 12-03-2005, 12:07 PM
FormerVendor

We have just modded this out of our customers phamspeed kit. Here's our pics of the new piping and intercooler.
http://webhome.idirect.com/~ykwdxdtf/Warbird/
Old 12-03-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It takes ***** to be honest, knowing your risking futher help from the vendor, you did the right thing. Now, GROUND ZERO and Pham need to step up and assist.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Launching!

Really, this has nothing to do with GroundZero beside the fact that I work for them.

I told you even the first time I got your call that it might take me a while to fix the problem. One being I can't fix this being clocked on. It wasn't GZ's problem so I don't intend for them to pay for it. Second, I have to do it on my own time which I really don't have enough of. You're not the only one I'm doing work for, trust me I have my hands full on and off work. I told you over and over again and you said you understood but you in your own words you said " my customer is being a pain in the ***". I told you I would fix it and that's what I'm going to do
Old 12-03-2005, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

so hows groundzeros new kits cuz mine finally got shipped out this week....is there header goin to get in the way of the plugs? they had tomake me a new header out of thikeer stainless because the first one was showing hair line cracks.. so i hope its good
Old 12-03-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think I really ever found out if I would have trouble getting to my plugs. I put the plugs on first I think only because it was easy at the time with no manifold there and then I didn't have the kit on long enough to change plugs. The only thing I didn't like about the kit was the turbo sitting low and the DP under the K-member. Other then that I liked it and had no problem's. I do think if your goung to make exhaust manifolds then you should make them so you can change your plugs and if you didn't think about that then Pham/GZ needs to step up and fix this for PurEvl! I know he has been waiting a long time to get this kit together.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jason02Z
so hows groundzeros new kits cuz mine finally got shipped out this week....is there header goin to get in the way of the plugs? they had tomake me a new header out of thikeer stainless because the first one was showing hair line cracks.. so i hope its good
Your kit is way different than the kit he's talking about. Our new manifolds have alot more r&d into them. I hope when you get the kit and actually install it, you'll post up pics and comments about it. We totally made a 180 with this new kit.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:18 PM
10 Second Club

yeh i'll deff post it up when its done and dyno numbers...if its warm enough in newengland but im taking it down south this winter to race it see what it can do
Old 12-03-2005, 01:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GroundZero
Your kit is way different than the kit he's talking about. Our new manifolds have alot more r&d into them. I hope when you get the kit and actually install it, you'll post up pics and comments about it. We totally made a 180 with this new kit.
Is this the kit you went 180 degrees away from

Old 12-03-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats alot of weight hanging on those manifolds.... I hope with all the extra fabbing you guys did you added a brace to support the weight of the turbo.

Kyle
Old 12-03-2005, 02:13 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its unfortunate that these days people are afraid to post their comments because of a flame fest or possible hurt reasle value.

IMO LT1-7 you should make fixing those manifolds top priority. You were PAID for them so purevl owns some of your time IMO. If the people at GZ wont let you work before/after hours there to fix your past customer issues you need to find the time to do it somewhere else.

Quick Reply: Unresolved John Pham/ Phamspeed/ Groundzero transaction