LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Unresolved John Pham/ Phamspeed/ Groundzero transaction

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

69firebird, what ended up happening with your kit?
Old 12-03-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hellbents10
Look at Nastyta he will be happy as all hell when his car comes back from Stenod. I have seen there cars at the track....the look good...they are built even better...and they haul the mail. He has a lot of knowledge from what I can tell yet he made the right decision buy sending it over there to get done.
If I had the money right now I would do the same. I praise Stenod's work. Some of the nicest around.

Good luck
Andy
Old 12-03-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just because someone doesn't have the skills and good fortune to make a go of their own business does not mean that person wont be an asset to another business. Different skills entirely.

I would not have any worries about doing business with APS.

Mark
Old 12-03-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kp
Its unfortunate that these days people are afraid to post their comments because of a flame fest or possible hurt reasle value.

IMO LT1-7 you should make fixing those manifolds top priority. You were PAID for them so purevl owns some of your time IMO. If the people at GZ wont let you work before/after hours there to fix your past customer issues you need to find the time to do it somewhere else.
i hope you and john get this figured out. i hope me and john have our situation figured out. i have had some dealings with john pham and am still currently dealing with him. as of my knowledge he is working on my kit. thats what he tells me. as far as GZ goes i feel they should give john the time to work on the kits he has in the works for those of us that have been patient. its been 6 months and i still dont have my stuff back and largley in part they didnt have a shop car. i have been dealing with john and it seems as though he is getting around to mine. but i feel that GZ should give him some shop time to get it taken care of.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Give him till Jan 1 2006.

If you don't get it fixed or ALL of your money back, take the M-fer to court and sue the **** out of him.

I had a very bad feeling about "Phamspeed" way back when they came around saying they could make high quality kits at affordable prices. It sounded to good to be true and it looks like it is now. How many people on here has their kits installed and running on their cars, I don't think anyone, you never hear about that kit.

Look what PTK was doing just a few months ago:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/381514-ptk-how-stable-they.html

It will be a cold day in hell before I hand over $4,000+ to a total stranger/new company and hope I get my "high quality kit" within 6 months.

Looks like ATI, Vortech and TTI are really the only FI companies out their where you don't have to pay up front and wait for months on end to get your kit. Pay with CC and get your kit within 1-2 weeks.

The TTI street kit keeps looking better and better in my eyes. Nothing wrong with a 530+rwhp & 550+rwtq street car...

Good luck and I hope all goes well for you soon.

Bill
Old 12-03-2005, 07:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well,here's my part.We put this kit on and had it about 90% done with alot of custom work like fixing the Y-pipe,brace the Turbo ect.Come to find out when we went to do the plugs you couldn't get to 2-3 of them at all. This is complete BS.Who makes a header for a car without having the plugs/wires on them?Now the tubes will be crushed in 1/2 for plug access?That will be great for the 1000hp we planned on making Now,I was nice and talked to John without posting anything.We even sent him a head to mock it up.After 2-3 month's he hasn't even opened the box?That is unbelievable.If he worked for me he would be fired because this shows how his work ethic is.I would never do that to a customer-Those would of been fixed/replaced 1st thing.If I wanted out I would of given back the $$.I'm sorry,saying your busy with pathetic 50-60hr weeks is no excuse.That is just 1 of my job's.

Now I'm in the process of just doing our own kit since I don't trust any kit out there after that.We are probly 70% done with about 40-60hr's into it.I work on this on my spare time -after my 2 jobs-and really look forward to our end result
Old 12-03-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

how about a temporary refund until the finished product comes around? that seems like a fair and reasonable solution. especially with winter coming around.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

That would be good.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Default Interesting read...

Now, I would offer an example of STS.

I ordered a kit for my '05 GTO...but there are differences with the 04 exhaust and MAF. I had to fab a Y-pipe and sent the pipes on either side of the maf back. They expanded the pipes to fit the 90mm maf, provided larger silicon, and OVERNIGHTED them back to me.

That is customer service.

Add STS to the 'safe' mailorder FI kits!
Old 12-03-2005, 11:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

mike i hope they just cut you the refund + for all the crap you and slowhawk have been put threw for the last 6+ months and not having a car to drive this year. hell if it was a race car and they pulled this crap youd be out a complete season of points and money .

good luck man i know it hasnt been easy to keep it quiet while trying to respect there so called words
Old 12-04-2005, 02:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSONE
69firebird, what ended up happening with your kit?
Based on this comment:

Originally Posted by 69firebird
I will say that the increase in price of the "Groundzero" kit helped me when I sold mine, got almost 1k more than i paid, and I sold it without and sort of intercooler
Located here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...56#post3787256

It looks like he ended up making out pretty good on it.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:36 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

It reminds me of the Corvette that we built using a turbo kit from HP Performance....
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=26 Bob
Old 12-04-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
It reminds me of the Corvette that we built using a turbo kit from HP Performance....
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=26 Bob
Ahhhh, nothing like a TT Vette. Being a business major, it amazes me that there are these type of companies out there which will sacrifice customers like this. The customer should come first in practically any business situation. Without the customer the business will ultimately fail. If I ran a turbo company, my business plan would be "bullet-proof" and there wouldn't be any problems with delivery issues and/or quality of parts.

But hey, there will always be businesses out there which can't compete with the big dogs. I would also like to comment on:
Originally Posted by bboyferal
People here RIP STS like crazy, prochargers/vortechs are boring, Hi Flo gets recommended on every other thread though no one has it installed, the PTK gets ripped, the TTI DOES get recommended, a BADASS, PROVEN, kit but everyone ignores it. Everyone recommended the Phamspeed, posted numbers, said that it was so good, etc. and nobody wanted to RIP into it.
I almost bit the dust and bought the Phamspeed kit. Being an ex-engineer major, I could clearly recognize design issues. I personally, are more than likely going to purchase the Hi-Flo kit after they have been installed on a few cars. I'm not questioning Hi-Flo's design, I am more of a person who likes to see/feel the product before purchase. I would not buy blindly. In regards to the TTi kit, that kit is tried and true and people just don't seem to buy it. That is my second option if the Hi-Flo falls through.

I hope PurEvl gets money back. It is the right thing to do considering the mans car has been down for SOOOO long and he has already paid for the parts. Get with the program Pham/GZ whoever owes him time/money and give him cash.

Good luck man. Sorry to hear about the problem. Thanks for the post. I'm sure this has been on many minds over the past year.

Andy
Old 12-04-2005, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by White.Lightning
Ahhhh, nothing like a TT Vette.
I agree. I love my TTi Stage X.

Originally Posted by White.Lightning
I am more of a person who likes to see/feel the product before purchase. I would not buy blindl
Again I agree. There are kits on the market that have been proved by many people over a long period of time on the dyno, street, and race track. Those are the setups that would get my money.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 12-04-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Good post White Lightning.

Someone said that GroundZero should give him some time to work on those kits. I'm on Purevl's side, but that is out of the question. With the expenses in payroll, rent, utilities, taxes, etc. that GroundZero spends to run their facilities for their business, if I was their owner and I got to work to see one of my employees using my **** and costing ME money to do things on the side to make money himself, I'd sue his *** (How is GroundZero responsible for these ****-ups?). If I let him, I got to let all my employees, right? Potential craziness here! Or do some kind of special favor where I let him for a little bit AFTER WORK, which might be impossible if their insurance has a timetable where there are times the building is not supposed to have people in it. Here his boss will probably charge him or hit his paycheck for his added costs, inconvenience, electricity, etc. Obviously, it won't be easy to fix these headers for him. Actually, I say he won't do it at all. It's obvious that this is very likely!To those being told you will get it fixed, HELLO... how long have you guys been waiting? He ain't gonna do it. As far as getting things fixed, you're screwed. The only way to fight this is getting what you can get done that he does not need to find facilities to work with, the task that only needs one minute of his BUSY BUSY time, writing a check. THIS is the solution, IMO. REFUND!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 12:16 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,157 Likes on 752 Posts

Has anyone sent GZ a link to this thread...
Old 12-04-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

both GZ and john posted on the first page.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

GZ is involved in this. not going to post specifics but they are heavily involved and should give him the time. im going to stay quiet about this untill they make some sort of negative comment but if you just take the time and examine the situation it is easy to figure out. i havent heard from john in a few days and am getting curious as to his where abouts. purevil check your pms.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:05 PM
9 Second Club

Well I just think that their priority should be the product that has already been paid for... not making more money. By doing anything else they are only assisting in the court case that is impending.

I have a friend that was in buisness and made the similar mistakes that this group seems to be making. Let me share the result..... 2 Felony counts... 45 days in jail... probation... and forced to repay 70% of proven debt over 5 years.

That is a risky game they are playing.... I hope in the end... no customer is screwed.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by KAOS
GZ is involved in this. not going to post specifics but they are heavily involved and should give him the time. im going to stay quiet about this untill they make some sort of negative comment but if you just take the time and examine the situation it is easy to figure out. i havent heard from john in a few days and am getting curious as to his where abouts. purevil check your pms.
I'll trust you on this one, I guess.

Remember this comment, though?

Originally Posted by LT1-7
Really, this has nothing to do with GroundZero beside the fact that I work for them.

I told you even the first time I got your call that it might take me a while to fix the problem. One being I can't fix this being clocked on. It wasn't GZ's problem so I don't intend for them to pay for it. Second, I have to do it on my own time which I really don't have enough of.
You say it's easy to figure out? Not for me! I hope you Phamspeed guys get justice with this mess.

Quick Reply: Unresolved John Pham/ Phamspeed/ Groundzero transaction