LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Unresolved John Pham/ Phamspeed/ Groundzero transaction

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well lets back up a little. Back when he was makin these kits they were nearly half the price of the kits other places were making. QTP had thiers for 7k PTK had thiers for about the same and in comes a guy with a kit that will make the samepower uses headers adn all and costs 3k less. Ya the pipes go under teh k-member. Ya u have to take the drivers side manifold off to change those plugs. For the money i saved and the quality of the partts i got i am VERY happy. I know everyone has thier own level of acceptness adn mine might be lower then yours as i dont have a problem spending 2 hours changing plugs. I can live with that. I have had the kit on all summer and scraped teh pipes 2 times. adn that si because i dont pay attention to speed bumps. I dunno if pur's kit differs from mine and maybe his plugs dont work at all but comon, how often do u have to change plugs that it matters?
So now go ahead adn pay a **** load more for a kit that is made just for u and u can feel super when it takes u half the time to change ur plugs.
Dont get me wrong. I would love to do teh plugs faster adn easier. But ill live.
I havent had 1 issue with John. When i got the kit i noticed the alt relocate bracket wasent in the box. I called him adn he said that he didnt have any around at the time but hed take the one off a car he had there and send it next day. I got it the next day. When i ordered the kit he said 2 weeks to get the turbo adn 2 weeks later i got a call that its all there and being sent and he gave me teh tracking number.
Not for nothing but roll up ur sleeves and do ur own install. Then u coudl have gotten one of the super special TTi kits. lol GL man

John
Old 12-04-2005, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill jump on that wagon too, I took my tubular Phamspeed headers off the car and noticed round exhaust stains on the flanges, a sign that the are not lining up even with the heads.I have some small leaks on 2 welds, but I can change plugs easily. borrom line is that these shop say all the right hing to get your $$ and after theyll bail on you. Same thing is happenning to me and L.A.P.D in calif and Ill be going to small claims court soon. John should stop whatever hes doing to do right by you, or give your $$ back!!!!! But we cannot allow these places to do this to us. There is tons of $ to be made for these places if they were betterand more liable to there mistakes.

to:
JOHN PHAM,
MY HEADERS DONT LINE UP, and alternator bracket that I waited for 2 months lined up like ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 07:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Good post White Lightning.

Someone said that GroundZero should give him some time to work on those kits. I'm on Purevl's side, but that is out of the question. With the expenses in payroll, rent, utilities, taxes, etc. that GroundZero spends to run their facilities for their business, if I was their owner and I got to work to see one of my employees using my **** and costing ME money to do things on the side to make money himself, I'd sue his *** (How is GroundZero responsible for these ****-ups?). If I let him, I got to let all my employees, right? Potential craziness here! Or do some kind of special favor where I let him for a little bit AFTER WORK, which might be impossible if their insurance has a timetable where there are times the building is not supposed to have people in it. Here his boss will probably charge him or hit his paycheck for his added costs, inconvenience, electricity, etc. Obviously, it won't be easy to fix these headers for him. Actually, I say he won't do it at all. It's obvious that this is very likely!To those being told you will get it fixed, HELLO... how long have you guys been waiting? He ain't gonna do it. As far as getting things fixed, you're screwed. The only way to fight this is getting what you can get done that he does not need to find facilities to work with, the task that only needs one minute of his BUSY BUSY time, writing a check. THIS is the solution, IMO. REFUND!!!
In my shop we would make sure it is done,even if I had to work on it myself.I would never let an employee work for me with a bad rep. I really don't see why this stuff isn't fixed yet.Ground Zero is not big yet and this will definitely hurt there bussiness--I garrenty it.

Just fix or take PurEvl up on his offer of 1/2 back
Old 12-04-2005, 07:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
Well lets back up a little. Back when he was makin these kits they were nearly half the price of the kits other places were making. QTP had thiers for 7k PTK had thiers for about the same and in comes a guy with a kit that will make the samepower uses headers adn all and costs 3k less. Ya the pipes go under teh k-member. Ya u have to take the drivers side manifold off to change those plugs. For the money i saved and the quality of the partts i got i am VERY happy. I know everyone has thier own level of acceptness adn mine might be lower then yours as i dont have a problem spending 2 hours changing plugs. I can live with that. I have had the kit on all summer and scraped teh pipes 2 times. adn that si because i dont pay attention to speed bumps. I dunno if pur's kit differs from mine and maybe his plugs dont work at all but comon, how often do u have to change plugs that it matters?
So now go ahead adn pay a **** load more for a kit that is made just for u and u can feel super when it takes u half the time to change ur plugs.
Dont get me wrong. I would love to do teh plugs faster adn easier. But ill live.
I havent had 1 issue with John. When i got the kit i noticed the alt relocate bracket wasent in the box. I called him adn he said that he didnt have any around at the time but hed take the one off a car he had there and send it next day. I got it the next day. When i ordered the kit he said 2 weeks to get the turbo adn 2 weeks later i got a call that its all there and being sent and he gave me teh tracking number.
Not for nothing but roll up ur sleeves and do ur own install. Then u coudl have gotten one of the super special TTi kits. lol GL man

John
John, I'm glad that your happy with pulling header's off to change plugs.Expecially when they could be made to not be pulled.Also I love the way the spark plug wires are resting on the headers--even 90' boot's.That isn't satifactory to me.The rest of the system was expected and we redid it all so there was an additional 2" of clearance when we were done compared to the way the kit came.We were upset with the header's but pissed off with how long it has taken him to even look at them.2+ months and he hasn't even opened the box? That's bad.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

he hasnt done that cause he thinks he's too good for that

hs just a young punk, he doesnt care, and aparently GZ doesnt care.

However I dont think GZ has anything to do with this
Old 12-04-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
In my shop we would make sure it is done,even if I had to work on it myself.I would never let an employee work for me with a bad rep. I really don't see why this stuff isn't fixed yet.Ground Zero is not big yet and this will definitely hurt there bussiness--I garrenty it.

Just fix or take PurEvl up on his offer of 1/2 back
Believe it or not, my post was 99% sarcasm. Maybe I pulled it off too much. I was trying to set-up the point that a refund is what he should look for because he's so "busy " and... "his job won't let him " It seems that they don't want to help him. Okay don't help me ******* give my money back kind of thinking.

Well, if I was told these things, I'd demand a refund. That was my point. I was entertaining the excuses.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

im not bashing john or GZ i know how new businesses go. i just want my stuff and so does purevl. its simple. i truly believe john will work with us to get something figured out but like i said before its been a while since ive seen my parts. i truly wish gzm would chime in with any thoughts they may be having. we will see
Old 12-04-2005, 08:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Believe it or not, my post was 99% sarcasm. Maybe I pulled it off too much. I was trying to set-up the point that a refund is what he should look for because he's so "busy " and... "his job won't let him " It seems that they don't want to help him. Okay don't help me ******* give my money back kind of thinking.

Well, if I was told these things, I'd demand a refund. That was my point. I was entertaining the excuses.
I know
Old 12-04-2005, 08:31 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,157 Likes on 752 Posts

Bolt the manifold up to a head, and put the spark plugs in, a picture is worth a 1000 words. I'm sure you have heads lying around.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Bolt the manifold up to a head, and put the spark plugs in, a picture is worth a 1000 words. I'm sure you have heads lying around.
That's an excellent idea. Pictures do speak louder than words.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I would if they weren't sitting at ground zero for the last 2-3 month's We even sent him a LS1 head so there would be no screw up's
Old 12-04-2005, 09:50 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,157 Likes on 752 Posts

He has the manifolds now, and is he supposed to fix them and then send them back?
Old 12-05-2005, 05:26 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

He has the manifolds now, and is he supposed to fix them and then send them back?
Yes
Old 12-05-2005, 08:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

yes for 2 months now almost...he mocked my kit on a blank head, he said it himself, so we sent him a head so he could do it right.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

ttt john or GZM has to chime in sometime
Old 12-05-2005, 12:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

isn't Ground Zero an import shop?
Old 12-05-2005, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes but now with the addition to john pham they started working on f bodies and ls1's
Old 12-06-2005, 08:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

well his silence tells the story i guess, kaos how many times you try an reach him?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

about 3 or 4 he responded last night and said he is waiting on my flanges for the truck manifolds then he can get mine done. waiting on an ETA from him to see if he will meet his last dead line. i will let you know
Old 12-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Launching!

Guys, when I said I didn't have time to do it, that's not what I meant. What I meant was I have so much off the clock stuff I have to do, I just didn't get around to it. You're not the only customer that came to me with a problem with there product previously purchased from me. You have to understand that I work for another company and have to clock in and out just like everyone else. I can't just work on your stuff in the middle of the day. And this has nothing to do with GroundZero. The kit was not purchased through them or worked on by them

Basically, I just finished some pretty big projects that took alot of my time. PurEvl and Kaos' things are the next on my list. I know it's been a long time and I'll try my best to finish them up asap. You have to understand though a project that is suppose to take a couple days turns into a few weeks because of the hours I work. This is no way an excuse. I'm just letting you know my situation. But either way, you will be getting your parts back soon.

Quick Reply: Unresolved John Pham/ Phamspeed/ Groundzero transaction