LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Hi-Flo

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi-Flo

Ok boys, whats the story... Broken promises, very little communication and losta bad vibes. Its time to explain yourselves to those that have invlovement. I also beleive you have some material from a member here that does not belong to you and you have had it for many months...and not met return date promises. Your rep is now in question. Please advise, update and return what isnt yours. The goal here is to inform you of the concerns and to draw some type of response as many of us thought highly of you early on. Complaints on the Supra forum in October were overlooked by some... but is a pattern being created??? One has to be concerned.
JM

Last edited by TwinSpin; 07-10-2006 at 12:31 AM.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

Have you ordered a kit from them?
I've been wondering the same as you, but didn't want to say anything as I am not in the loop since I haven't ordered a kit. But certainly they have been quiet on these boards and a the corvetteforum (they do post more there though)

They did say a few days before Christmas that something was made incorrectly and they wouldn't send anything out before it was test fitted.....could be a valid excuse, or could be buying themselves more time to disappear
Old 01-08-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Addict

From Marko on the corvetteforum

"There are 10 kits in production at the moment. We will release them for sale when all 10 systems are complete and ready to ship. We have also sold 20 single turbo F-body "Street Killer" kits which will be delivered before any Corvette systems are completed. The C5 kits should be ready by mid March."
Old 01-08-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Junkie

I hope this is all just a delay. We'll see.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bboyferal
I hope this is all just a delay. We'll see.
Same here, their "spy shot" pictures made it look like a real nice kit. I liked the turbo placement and the IC positioning (aesthetically, don't know about function)

Couple of things that concerned me is how is the turbo being supported (flex pipe, brackets, etc?), "their" turbos, and lastly their web site. I know it takes time to put a site together, but having your site down for such a long time and saying it will be up shortly is a red flag in my book coupled with "delays" in the production......Not a good start
Old 01-09-2006, 01:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Iam thinking about calling them and asking to credit back my card w/o loosing my spot in line for my kit. Just starting to get a little worried, and Iam sure there are others too. I dont want to offend anyone, but dont want to be out of my $$$$ either.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just don't get it.... companies read over and over and over about people who are pissed over the lack of communication.... I can't speak for others, but I know for me, if there is a problem, it's ok, just LET ME KNOW. NO ONE likes to be left in the dark.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Frost
I just don't get it.... companies read over and over and over about people who are pissed over the lack of communication.... I can't speak for others, but I know for me, if there is a problem, it's ok, just LET ME KNOW. NO ONE likes to be left in the dark.
This is true to a point, when companies continuously delay and delay something sounds fishy.....I don't think Hi-Flo is there yet, thus far there has only been one delay....

I really think it is whoever is actually producing the parts
Old 01-09-2006, 09:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, I'm not saying something fishy is going on, it's just the keeping everyone in the dark thing..... I mean, even a PM to one guy saying "hey pass this along...." That alone renews some of the 'fuzziness'.

-snip-

Last edited by Frost; 01-09-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Frost
I agree, I'm not saying something fishy is going on, it's just the keeping everyone in the dark thing..... I mean, even a PM to one guy saying "hey pass this along...." That alone renews some of the 'fuzziness'.

I guess I'm trying to say is that when all it takes (to some reasonable extent) is a call, email, or PM to settle folks nerves, it's just damn unprofessional and short-sighted to ignore the folks that LINED UP to pay thousands UP FRONT....
LOL, I read this post and didn't even look when I went back to the forum and saw tons of complaints, I was like WTF? The FI section is angry today......but then I realzied this post got booted to sponsor feedback.....Maybe someone should call them and see whats up, I highly doubt they'll see this post here
Old 01-09-2006, 11:42 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Twinspin, are you a customer of theirs?

If any of you guys have stuff ordered, email HiFlo and copy me at john@ls1tech.com, and if you don't hear from Bill or Marko within 72 hours I will call Marko.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just spoke with them and they said the downpipe and crossover thing is out of their control and that is what they are waiting on. They told me if it takes much longer that they will have them made somewhere else. They said they will do everything in their power to speed up the process. If the people that are making them now don't come through real soon they will have them made elsewhere. I am not going to worry about it until much more time elapses. They are only two weeks overdue which is nothing. I am not worried yet. I have a street killer kit on order.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:20 PM
*Suspended Sponsor*

EVERY person who purchased a system from us was contacted and informed of the latest developments. We answer every pm, email and phone call. Nobody can dispute that. The reason for the discounted introductory pricing was to compensate for the initial production run's potential set backs and inconveniences. We can be reached at 1-847-640-7305. I didn't take a vacation this year because of these kits. I stayed in Chicago to help with the progress and to stay on top of things to ensure the best quality and more timely delivery date for our customers. There is no reason for anyone to be contacting anyone else or not calling us directly. I am not sure if the person who started this thread even odered from us. PSJ, our customers have my personal cell phone number. I have spoken with a few of them over the past few weeks and addressed their concerns. We can refund any customer at any time at their request. All it takes is a phone call. This post was not necessary.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hi-Flo Turbo Inc.
EVERY person who purchased a system from us was contacted and informed of the latest developments. We answer every pm, email and phone call. Nobody can dispute that. The reason for the discounted introductory pricing was to compensate for the initial production run's potential set backs and inconveniences. We can be reached at 1-847-640-7305. I didn't take a vacation this year because of these kits. I stayed in Chicago to help with the progress and to stay on top of things to ensure the best quality and more timely delivery date for our customers. There is no reason for anyone to be contacting anyone else or not calling us directly. I am not sure if the person who started this thread even odered from us. PSJ, our customers have my personal cell phone number. I have spoken with a few of them over the past few weeks and addressed their concerns. We can refund any customer at any time at their request. All it takes is a phone call. This post was not necessary.
Good to hear!

Couple of question I never saw answered or asked.....
How is the turbo supported? Flex pipe, bracket, etc?
What are the specs on your turbo?

BTW good luck getting those people to finsh the DPs and whatever else is holding up the process, i've had expierences with scum bags like that...Once they have your part of your money, they just sit around like jerk offs, then ask for 100% up front because of blah blah blah....good luck again
Old 01-09-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I also will back up hi-flo.. as I have visited the shop and met with Bill and MArko.. very knowledgable and nice guys... They have kept me in the loop, Since Bill deals more with other things and labor wise... Im waiting on an estimate I had him update.. for work with turbo .. among other things.

You have to realize that these guys dont just deal with ls1's.... they also have mustangs and supras and other imports they work on too..

Im sure they are backed up after the holiday..
Old 01-09-2006, 05:26 PM
*Suspended Sponsor*

Originally Posted by TwinSpin
Ok boys, whats the story... Broken promises, very little communication and losta bad vibes. Its time to explain yourselves to those that have invlovement. I also beleive you have some material from a member here that does not belong to you and you have had it for many months...and not met return date promises. Your rep is now in question. Please advise, update and return what isnt yours. The goal here is to inform you of the concerns and to draw some type of response as many of us thought highly of you early on. Complaints on the Supra forum in October were overlooked by some... but is a pattern being created??? One has to be concerned.
JM
Who are you? Why haven't these people who supposedly have issues with us contacted us? What broken promises? "Complaints" on SF? One customer who was fully refunded on a torque converter after he was being a jerk? It would be a greater benefit to all members of the board if you were a bit better informed instead of posting ficticious heresay. I can be reached at 1-847-640-7305. Thank you.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

At this point I feel its best to contact you via PM or phone, as stated above, the point of this thread was to draw a response, and your reply helped Hi-Flo in the end I beleive. It was a post of concern, that is all. Were a lil edgy due to the past indescretions of others.
Marko and Bill, this is not a personal issue, though it may seem that way. I have put my name on the line to vouch for you. I will be in contact.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

To continue on what TwinSpin said, this board maybe a little "edgy".....Just ask Nasty-TA and ForceFed how their APE motors are doing along with a multitude of others, ask Forcefed and the others how their Phamspeed kits are doing, of course the Incon guys, the Janzters, the Bauers, the JPRs and so on and so on. We're like high school girls who have been screwed and cheated on numerous times.....we're a bit tender
Old 01-09-2006, 09:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Marko gave me a call when he saw this thread, we chatted about it for a while...
Old 07-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Hi-Flo Turbo Inc.
Who are you? Why haven't these people who supposedly have issues with us contacted us? What broken promises? "Complaints" on SF? One customer who was fully refunded on a torque converter after he was being a jerk? It would be a greater benefit to all members of the board if you were a bit better informed instead of posting ficticious heresay. I can be reached at 1-847-640-7305. Thank you.
ficticious heresay huh?

Your customers deserve better.

Quick Reply: Hi-Flo