LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

4.04.06: PTS/PTK has been removed as an advertiser

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 09:29 PM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a tech oriented question I'm sure there will be no problem with you still posting it up.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Junkie

No, I know... I understand and I appreciate it. I'm just referring to questions that may be PTS related but hold little tech content... These were what I meant should be PM'd.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:37 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

We already offered a solution to make this dispute disappear. It is a very fair offer too. I'll spell it out in clear terms so that there isn't any confusion.

1. PTS pays us for the last six months of advertising on LS1TECH. $750
2. This gets PTS out of the debt status with us, this thread and the restriction disappears.
3. ForcedInductions.com will be a sponsor here on Monday, Jose can discuss and sell PTS systems as much as he wants. As long as this debt is settled by PTS.
4. PTS customers can be happy again, because their posts won't be removed.

Simple
Old 04-06-2006, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Thanks Jammer.

Please understand that we are not 'bashing' PTS/PTK. We have made no comments about their quality of work or products. I'll be the first to tell you that they make a very nice system and do excellent work. We are merely stating some financial facts here, and would like to see them resolved. Go look at the thread stuck to the top of the Sponsor Sales/GP forum, you will find a list of companies that have burned us in the past. Feel free to total up the revenue we were screwed out of, and you might understand why we do not tolerate it any longer.

ok ok so i was bored, but the total they are out is... $13,248 this is without the 750 that ptk owes...with that it is $13,998
Old 04-06-2006, 10:43 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Thanks for the math. Pretty good chunk of change, right?
Old 04-06-2006, 10:45 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by LTLHOMER
PTS members would be best suited to split the $750 cost up so they can discuss their stuff if PTS won't do it themselves...sucks when the customers gotta pay for advertising too...
We wouldn't accept it. Its not so much about the money here, its more about the principle. If it were about the money, we wouldn't have budged on the actual amount unpaid.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:50 PM
8 Second Club

I understand Nineball...

And bboy...because you will not be allowed to discuss anything about your kits until that $750 is paid...so I'm sure it would be worth the $750/# people for all of you guys to have a venue to get help because problems WILL happen and you will need help and this board is definitly good for that...but like 9ball said, it's not about the money anyways...but looking at it logically, if you could pay the 750/# people, you would be wise to take that option if PTS won't do it...

No $750 and you're up a creek without a paddle...
Old 04-06-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Junkie

I strongly disagree. What problem could happen that would lead to A. Not being able to discuss the problem on this board as GENERAL turbo advice B. Not being able to PM PTS users C. Not being able to discuss PTS problems with PTS...

You're NOT being sarcastic?

EDIT: DAMIT Frost, you posted quick.

This is a response to LTHOMER.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:57 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frost
I only know of 4 or 5 of us that are active here... I'd toss a hundred at it, but not 2.
I don't know much, but even if I hated ls1tech's guts at this point, I would pay the $750 for my customer's sakes...sounds like there are some ego-related things going on...because if things were done logically, we'd have never had to see this type of post.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:00 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Nothing is ever perm-deleted on the site, we have a place where we keep threads.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:02 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by bboyferal
If I post about a WG problem, it's a Turbosmart issue.

If I post about a turbo problem, it's a Master Power issue.

If I post about a... etc.

If it is somehow PTS related, I'll PM some friendly PTS customers and talk to them on the phone...

Why should we pay $750 again?
You shouldn't PTS should...lol are we on the same planet or do you just like to argue?
Old 04-06-2006, 11:06 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

PTS has been given a deal that is a fraction of what the total originally was.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Junkie

I finally took a look at the unpaid sponsor thread...

Highest unpaid bill? SCANDALOUS racing.

Phamspeed: oustanding bills.

Oh, man...
Old 04-07-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ
Well if that's true that is pretty weak. I have been a member here since June of 2002..well actually going back to just ls1.com.

If we have purchased stuff and put it on our cars we should be able to talk about it with other car enthusiasists. All of a sudden we can't because somebody not related didn't pay their bill? I don't advertise for PTK but I should be able to share the details of my setup and what I have managed to achieve out of it. It should be that way with anything.

The business should be private between the owner and customer...leave the members out of it.
I think you need to get whats being portrayed here...posting dyno numbers and forced induction related issues are not out of the realm of whats considered "discussion", its the pimping of the kits and the comapny/owners that wont, and shouldnt, be tolerated. My 1st thought was much like yours when i 1st read the thread. I felt for the members and customers. Tony cleared this up in a later post. I think the mere fact that the admins are actually discussing the business operations here is wonderful. It includes us, rather than preculdes us, from their side of the story and how the site it operated. It also should make us members feel more "part" of the general operations, knowing not only the fees, but that facts regarding this issue. The admins didnt post this info for no reason, its so the clients (and other interested parties) of said company would understand why such banning/actions are taking place.
I see the recent open operations here a breath of fresh air, this can also be seen in the presure being applied to another FI company who can find time to do ANYTHING BUT post pictures. The admins are obviously secure on the sides of the members, and most often, give extreme opportunity to the sponsers before taking public action.
I too, have been a member since 2002, and definatley understand your feelings, and how much you look forward to not only discussing your set up, but your successes for money spent, wise decisions, and proper design work. We all build these cars with some ego behind it and want to share. Please dont take this any way, other than just another attempt to explain "my" point of view. Not meant as an argument to your feelings. I cant change them.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you talk about your set up just dont mention you have a PTS, just talk about results not brand, would that work?
Old 04-07-2006, 08:26 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Jammer for President.

Shinobi, you can post your results of your turbo kit. No need to mention brand names for the piping though. Its just piping, right? You can talk about the turbo unit and other hardware instead.

bboyferal, we do not want the customers to pay the balance owed. Its very obvious that PTK/PTS advertising has worked since there are so many of you that have ordered kits and items from them here. We just want to get paid for that advertising.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:35 PM
10 Second Club

that really sucks
I mean come on 750.00 that is not much for a company that is doing as good as PTS
and it is not like they arn't making money off of this site anyway
I think that it really sucks
Old 04-07-2006, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

There is a happy medium that comes from this. As mentioned already, the basic fundamentals of turbocharging a car a basically the same. If a PTS owner has a problem they can post and get help. You do not need to know who made the kit to help someone out.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:34 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Darren P
that really sucks
I mean come on 750.00 that is not much for a company that is doing as good as PTS
and it is not like they arn't making money off of this site anyway
I think that it really sucks
Thanks. Our point exactly.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any news from PTS?

Quick Reply: 4.04.06: PTS/PTK has been removed as an advertiser