LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Forced Inductions = Bad Experience , Broken ,missing,parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Forced Inductions = Bad Experience , Broken ,missing,parts

I had sent my turbos to them to get redone with bigger compressor housings and different exhaust A/R's . They said it would take a week, it 2 months. When I recieved my turbos one of them was odviously dropped on the ground and the aluminum is bent badly and cracked, which was odviously not from shipping. They didnt install the new exhaust housings. The turbos measure of at 61 mm instead of the agreed 63mm. I didnt recieve all of the parts that I ordered and was charged for. I called multiple times but never got a call back.
My only recource is to despute the charges with my bank.

I would never buy anything ever again from them.

Beware of forced inductions.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Sucks to hear... Jose is friendly and knowledgeable... But I must admit he is difficult to reach (reaching someone, not just Jose) and my stuff took significantly longer than I was told.

However, does he know about your missing/wrong parts? Has he had a chance to make it right or you have you not gotten through to him yet? Maybe he doesn't know?
Old 07-11-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

OH -he knows. I believe he is intentionally not talking to me. He was reachable before any of this **** ever happened. I cant see where he would "make it right" . Because he did such blatent things that it is pretty aparent that he doesnt want to do good business with me. I spent 2000 with him this time and would have spent alot more if everything went smooth.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I have never had a problem getting in touch with him. Im sure he'll make it right.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

We shall see if he does. I have left him messages before that never got answered .
Old 07-20-2006, 08:21 AM
TECH Resident

I got my missing parts after he saw this Im sure. He PMed me and said to send it back to him and he'd replace it. I sent the compressor cover back to him a week ago and havent gotten that back yet. Another interesting thing,I measured the inlet wheels at the very top and with a micrometer they measure 61.3mm. Not 63mm like I had paid for. Im not sure if that is the corrct way to measure them but the old wheels were suppost to be 57mm and that is what they measure at the same point as the new ones.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Still havent got the housing back yet ,more delays.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

Its been another week and no housing. What do ya know -more delays.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'm not suprised to see a one sided story.....why don't you tell the guys about the mistake by garrett on the pieces they sent us and was the cause for the delay. Or, also the partial credit we gave you back due to the long delay from Garrett, or about the housing and that it does not come from us and is being drop shipped from PTE and any further delays are not from us. Also make note that Jason called you as I was out of the office/country for a few days....the list goes on. When you tell a story, please tell it complete.

As for the housing being bent, we inspect every turbo that leaves our doors, it would never have been sent out in that shape. Its easier and cheaper for us just to bolt a new cover on and send it. Also your own pictures you sent to us prove they were crushed as its flat spotted on the cover and not impact bent. Cast AL is not easy to bend on impact. You have to place a major load to get it to bend.

Thanks

Jose
Attached Thumbnails Forced Inductions = Bad Experience , Broken ,missing,parts-dscn0462.jpg   Forced Inductions = Bad Experience , Broken ,missing,parts-dscn0463.jpg  
Old 07-28-2006, 01:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

As for the compressor wheels, their is no secret, that some of the wheels being advertised by manufactures as XX do not measure out to the XX size. T70's are 68mm's. T67's are 66mm's, GT42-76R's are 74.XXmm....etc. That is part of the industry no one can control.

Thanks

Jose
Old 07-28-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

How about telling them that you told me personally that my turbos were done,then I called two weeks later and you told me that garrett sent you the wrong spacers and that my turbos were not done. Also I called twice to get the tracking numbers and you said they shipped and you would call me back with the tracking numbers and never did and my tubos were odviuosly not shipped cause I got them a month later.

So you lied to me about that didnt you. Theres no way around that one period.

Also tell them about all the messages that I left you telling you that I needed this stuff and I was getting mad that you never returned.

Why would you not tell me my turbos would only go from 57mm to 61mm when I ordered 63mm. I am not a turbo expert and I believe this should have come up on one of our conversations before I got them and measured them.

I may have jumped on you for the bent turbo housing but this problem with you has been going for so long to only get the turbos and be messed up was unacceptable.
You say they were damaged in transit .I thought they were damaged in a shop cause the part that was bent had concrete residue on it and there were no holes in the box for it to get on there. I quess its one of those things.

I dont know what kind of discount I got cause you never even gave me a freakin reciept after I asked multiple times for one. I have nothing for any of the parts I got for warrenty reasons or replacements

Oh yeah and I got new turbos from John@turbozone which he ordered from Precision already. I ordered them at the same time I sent you back the damaged housing. Yet I got those just fine and on time. With your current record I tend to not believe anything you say. Maybe they are delayed by Precision but if you were in my place who would you believe, certainly not you.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

No sense in sitting here arguing. Also call PTE direct, they will tell you exactly whats going on with the compressor cover. Also the cover that was damaged, I know for a fact it was not damaged here, since they are inspected. Think about this...its real easy to just swap covers for us, why would we go through the hassle of shipping just to get a turbo returned and recieve bad press?

Also you forgot to mention that Jason called and spoke to you and told you I was out for a while.

Also, no lies were said, the turbos were done, but when Jason did a final inspection of the unit assembled the spacers from GT were not correct, hence why the additional delay to fix this problem.

We went ahead and sent all other parts up front, as for the credit, you knew the amount within minutes....I still have the PM where you responded.

Chris their really is no point in us arguing here, nothing will be solved. Give us a call if you wish, we can discuss any other details, or if you want some closure.

Thanks

Jose
Old 07-28-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

Jose,Im not going to argue with you either. This is a "sponsor feedback section" . I am giving what happened to me and my feelings on the matter. You have said your piece. As far as Im concerned,as soon as I have my housing we dont have to ever deal with each other ever again.

Thats it. We are done when I get my part ,and receipt for everything else.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

Still no receipt for my parts.I guess I dont get one ??
Old 08-17-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

Still no receipt. Another week.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

I still dont have a reciept. Jose Ill just keep posting this to the top until you give me my reciept. I hope that everyone can see how fast your customer service works.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:10 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

What parts is the receipt for?

ADMIN
Old 08-24-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

Two turbos that got redone with larger wheels and housings ,EBOOST 2 controller, SNOW alky injection kit. turbo drains, heat blankets,silicone couplers. There is probably something Im forgetting about but thats most of it. This has been going for some time now. I finally got all my parts after a few months. I still dont have a reciept for them if there is any problems that happen with these parts.

Quick Reply: Forced Inductions = Bad Experience , Broken ,missing,parts