LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

My ruined season, thanks to ETP heads!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SLED28
Here another motor done and running in March with ETP LS7 heads. Pretty sure they got a batch out at the beginning of the year...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=ls7

I did sell Andy those heads in Nov of 2005 and it took some time to get.
He did however get some real nice results and was real happy with the finshed product. I belived he waited about 4 months to recieve and was a bit unhappy about the wait, but in the long run was happier he waited.

Hopefully you will see your heads soon, and hopefully you will get results that will make the wait worth it.
Good luck
Jeremy
Old 09-26-2006, 04:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still waiting patiently.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:02 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,174 Likes on 763 Posts

How is that coming along Cary?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:19 AM
Collections Hold

Default ls7

Were doing as well as I hoped for.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:30 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by cary et performance
Were doing as well as I hoped for.
I am glad that you are achieving your expectations.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Banned

Wow
Check out Cary's post at 4AM this morning.
I can promise you very few of us would be on here at 4:19AM, and he is more then likely already geting back to work after being there all night.

I think that is damn cool of the guys at ET, it seems they are really busting their ***** to get the backorders filled.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:59 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
Wow
Check out Cary's post at 4AM this morning.
I can promise you very few of us would be on here at 4:19AM, and he is more then likely already geting back to work after being there all night.

I think that is damn cool of the guys at ET, it seems they are really busting their ***** to get the backorders filled.
I'm glad that you are so pumped, we get snow up here for 5 to 6 months of the year though.

The leaves have turned and are falling already.

EDITED for stupid28. Take your meds Dave, or stop taking to many.

Last edited by denttech; 09-28-2006 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:54 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

What's the ETA?
Old 09-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by denttech
I'm glad that you are so pumped, we get snow up here for 8 months of the year though.

The leaves have turned and are falling already.

If you don't like the snow then move. It's your decision to live there.
If a hurricane blew my house down every year and I just rebuild I would have no reason to complain about it as that is my choice.
I am sure you would love it if ET uses the excuse we can't get to work today because of the snow.

Don't get me wrong I feel bad for what you have gone through and hope things get better, but having a negative attitude I am sure won't help you any.
Besides I was only pointing out that ET is doing all they can to get everyone's order fulfilled.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:47 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
If you don't like the snow then move. It's your decision to live there.
If a hurricane blew my house down every year and I just rebuild I would have no reason to complain about it as that is my choice.
I am sure you would love it if ET uses the excuse we can't get to work today because of the snow.

Don't get me wrong I feel bad for what you have gone through and hope things get better, but having a negative attitude I am sure won't help you any.
Besides I was only pointing out that ET is doing all they can to get everyone's order fulfilled.
This is about my situation with me having to wait 10-11 months for the heads that were supposed to be available in the spring, right?

Is it your opinion that I have a negative attitude? Thanks for your opinion, who are you anyways? ...and who asked you ? I thought that I was being reasonable and openly discussing a situation and that I have remained more than fair and factual about.

Snow means I can't race at all this season....get it...untill next spring? I didn't say I wanted to move, I just wanted new heads, that I ordered last fall! I ordered the head with the agreement that they will be ready for the spring not Christmas, but thanks for sticking your nose in and sharing your insightfull thoughts.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Banned

I have no problem with you being upset, and am not saying you need to move somewhere. But it is your choice to live somewhere that snows all the time. I am simply stating that a negative attitude won't make a bad situation any better.
Your the one who came at me.
I will remove myself from this thread as I don't want to take it off topic.
I am a ETP dealer also waiting for heads just like yourself with customers calling all the time for updates.
Waiting sucks, but if the product is worth the wait then I will be more then happy to wait some extra time for that product.

I was happy to see Cary on here at 4:19AM as I had talked to him about 7PM the night before. If he was just geting finished working at 4AM then I was happy as I need heads for my customers so they can race during the race part of where I live.
I simply made a post that you had to quote, so if you don't want me saying anything to you then don't bother me.
Thanks, and have a nice day, see ya in another thread....another day....
Old 09-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Collections Hold

Default heads eta

John, Our ETA is into the early part of next week at best. WE are now recovered from our move over the last two weeks. As you know this is probably the first post in this section for we take care of our customers one way or another. Jeremy, you are right, I do work a lot of hours, I think you would know that I take ETP's reputation very seriously. I have been straight with all the people I have ever dealt with. I did not set out to ruin anybody's summer, what if there had not been a problem? he would have been driving his car for a while now. We have scrapped every head from that particular batch of LS7 castings that we made. 20 sets total at a huge loss to us and our customers waiting for them. It takes time to recover from that. So Don, I am sorry you cannot understand what I am trying to do to make things right. You told me in our last conversation " I just want a good set of heads, If you need to run a few batches to ensure that, I just need them by spring time" My response is that I would send you a new set of heads as soon as I was confident that our problem was resolved. Within a few weeks, not months. So to dig in and reopen this sore subject, I would expect that since I am living up to my word, you could at least let this rest. I will assure you that you will get a quality product from us and I am sure you were encouraged to wait for these heads apposed to taking the GM castings that you requested. I know it just wasn't Mike's recommendation. Did you see better results from the ETP heads somewhere?

thanks,
cary
Old 09-27-2006, 09:15 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

LOL write shorter posts it miight shave off a few minutes from him getting his heads.

I'm interested in your stuff too, I have AllPro's on my current engine but I'm thinking of building a big power iron block over the winter.

ADMIN
Old 09-27-2006, 09:26 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Don,

Sorry to hear about your long waiting time. I've been in contact with ETP for the last couple of months, as I also wish to get a set of these LS7 heads. They are having foundry issues from what I understand. Fun supplier stuff, right?

However, I disagree with your blaming of ETP that you missed your racing season. You could have kept the AFR heads on the car until the ETP heads arrived, or you could have taken them up on the offer for a set of GM LS7 heads. You would have been racing then. Personally, I don't tear a car down until my new/replacement parts arrive. Just for reasons like this.

Anyways, hopefully ETP gets things sorted out, and we all can move on.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:31 PM
9 Second Club

Yes I should have stayed with my AFR heads, next time I will know better than to expect a set of heads to be delivered within 6 months in time for the spring. My motor was coming apart and I had absolutely no expectations that the heads would have taken this long so I sold my heads while they were off. If only I knew, hind sight is 20/20!

Cary I did say to you that I wanted to wait for a decent set of heads and that I might as well wait untill the spring instead of putting insurance on my car for a month before the weather turns bad. Wade wanted me to get my car into a few races at the track this year before the end of the season, although it is more important to me that I get good heads and not a rushed through set or the first run protype batch. So if its next week yet again, thats fine. I'm sure that the heads will work great whenever I get them.

Roy's car likely would have made more power with your heads but then he would still be waiting to get on the road and he wasn't prepared to do that.

I will continue to wait but I will not just wait quietly. I will log down my experiences getting these heads as I feel that this is my best recourse in this bad situation.

Thanks..
Old 09-28-2006, 12:28 AM
FormerVendor

I'm glad that you are so pumped, we get snow up here for 8 months of the year though.
Oh come on Don!! Your saying it snows here from October to May!

Last edited by SLED28; 10-03-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:53 PM
9 Second Club

John, Our ETA is into the early part of next week at best. [...]

thanks,
cary
Any updates Cary?
Old 10-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Collections Hold

Default ls7

Any updates Cary?
Yes, we are getting closer to having fully machined heads. I still cannot say yet which day heads will ship though. We decided a couple weeks ago to run all the LS7 heads through the new machining centers instead of on our 5 axis machines so we would not tie up all of our porting machines. So Everything had to start from step 1. Sorry for any further delays, but it will be the best way to deliver sooner for all of our backorders. I hope to have our first few sets of finished parts by the weeks end, which are going to our warranty customers first, then we will fill backorders from there.

thanks
ETP
Old 10-04-2006, 08:45 PM
9 Second Club

Yes, we are getting closer to having fully machined heads. I still cannot say yet which day heads will ship though. We decided a couple weeks ago to run all the LS7 heads through the new machining centers instead of on our 5 axis machines so we would not tie up all of our porting machines. So Everything had to start from step 1. Sorry for any further delays, but it will be the best way to deliver sooner for all of our backorders. I hope to have our first few sets of finished parts by the weeks end, which are going to our warranty customers first, then we will fill backorders from there.

thanks
ETP
Thanks Cary, I appreciate the update. I am sorry for my impatiences at times.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:59 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Is this a backorder then Cary? Keep us posted guys.

ADMIN

Quick Reply: My ruined season, thanks to ETP heads!