LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Anyone else happen to get a BAD Futral cam!?? NEW CAMS SENT A LONG TIME AGO

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 03:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone has anymore info on this? Batch number etc. so that I can check the cam once I get it?

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-17-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by warp10
You guys are worrying me. I order mine back in the beginning of August and was supposed to be shipped 3 weeks ago. It takes so long to get a cam from them, I really hope it's alright.

Anyone has anymore info on this? Batch number etc. so that I can check the cam once I get it?

from what john said, they fixed the problem and the new ones are being checked before they go out but i would still worry, im going to get a new from them and im still tripping if its going to be good after i put everything back together.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by warp10
You guys are worrying me. I order mine back in the beginning of August and was supposed to be shipped 3 weeks ago. It takes so long to get a cam from them, I really hope it's alright.

August... Damn, when I ordered my custom grind from Compcam they said it was a 3 day turn around....
Old 10-12-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

how many venders get there cams ground by cammotion??
Old 10-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Yea it took about a month to get all my parts. I dont know batch number.... its funny how now they are checking them before they ship them out, why till now ? I thought they did that from the get go, i would have had my cam doctored here locally if i would have known Futral was just 3rd party.... Thats dumb IMO, none of this would have happend if they would have been on there

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-17-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you guys think Comp doctors every cam that leaves their shelves? Quite frankly, I only know 1, and now 2 that actually doctor their cams and that is Thunder, and now Futral. It is a nice gesture on their part, but it is up to you or your installer to degree your camshaft. You guys that are going "dot to dot" are pissin in the wind. If the cams in question would have been degreed in the first place, you would have found it then, and not after you spent countless ours trying to figure out the problem. Sure it would still suck and cost you some down time, but think about how much you've gone through because someone said degreeing isn't neccasary?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by pewter 01 SS
i agree with you, they should pay for the full amount of the second cam swap since its their cam thats messed up eventhough they dont directly make them their (futral) are the ones we deal with therefore their responsible.

Your telling me.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
Do you guys think Comp doctors every cam that leaves their shelves? Quite frankly, I only know 1, and now 2 that actually doctor their cams and that is Thunder, and now Futral. It is a nice gesture on their part, but it is up to you or your installer to degree your camshaft. You guys that are going "dot to dot" are pissin in the wind. If the cams in question would have been degreed in the first place, you would have found it then, and not after you spent countless ours trying to figure out the problem. Sure it would still suck and cost you some down time, but think about how much you've gone through because someone said degreeing isn't neccasary?

from what i was told by the engine builder who found that these cam were 180* off even if you degreed the cam properly you would of had the problem because the 180* off were on the back of the cam were it has the grove that the cam sensor read. that is were its 180* which it shouldnt bee.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TWISTEDTA
Yea it took about a month to get all my parts. I dont know batch number.... its funny how now they are checking them before they ship them out, why till now ? I thought they did that from the get go, i would have had my cam doctored here locally if i would have known Futral was just 3rd party.... Thats dumb IMO, none of this would have happend if they would have been on there

futral cams have proven that are worth buying because of the power you get but then again you have the problems that have happened.. till now im still waiting for a call from john, i call but like most of the time the machine answeres.

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-17-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Resident

Where is FUTURAL on this?

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-17-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Launching!

from what i was told by the engine builder who found that these cam were 180* off even if you degreed the cam properly you would of had the problem because the 180* off were on the back of the cam were it has the grove that the cam sensor read. that is were its 180* which it shouldnt bee.
You are 100% correct, i was about to reply to his comment but you beat me to it!
Old 10-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys I am VERY sorry that a few people got the cams with the cam sensor reluctor phased off. Yes we "should" have caught that. The customers that got these cams were replaced or other arrangements were worked out. We try to correct the problems the best we can.

When we found the problem we stopped shipping cams until the cores were fixed. Yes, these were from Cammation. It took approx 3 weeks for the new cores to be ground and sent off for heat treating that put all the cams behind but they are now back on a 3-5 day turn around unless they run out of cores.

Far as the wire switching,yes its the the "correct" thing to do but everybody was told you can do that till we shipped them a new cam or send the cam in for replacement.

Guess whats so bad we just got out of the other bad batch of cores the were spalling. That was neither our fault or CamMotions fault. The core supplier was at fault and we took care of all those cams and will still replace them as they pop up.
Other name brand cams did the same thing.

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-17-2006 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:31 PM
Launching!

I loved my Futral cam and the one I installed in my buddies car is running great. Candy and Allan were a big help to me and I will still buy from them and recommend them to the people I talk to. They are trying to rectify the issue.

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-17-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone post of pic, either of what the problem looks like or a "normal" cam? That would probably be helpful...
Old 10-14-2006, 05:23 PM
dug
Banned

Alan, you should switch vendors. This is the 2nd time Cam Motions let you down.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Futral Motorsports
Guys Iam VERY sorry that a few people got the cams with the cam sensor reluctor phased off. Yes we "should" have caught that. The customers that got these cams were replaced or other arrangements were worked out.
When we found the problem we stopped shipping cams until the cores were fixed.

the reason why people bitch is because we spend countless hours trying to find the problem and not only that, we also paid shops to look at our cars when theres was no need to if the person or company that sold our cam (futral) would of taken the time to look at the cam that they are selling which i think any vendor who buys from a company should look at all the specs were met by the company who makes there product.. how many average guys who work on their cars now how the reluctor wheel on the cam should look like? i bet not many.. now people are down money and months withour their cars..

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-17-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the reason why people bitch is because we spend countless hours trying to find the problem and not only that, we also paid shops to look at our cars when theres was no need to if the person or company that sold our cam (futral) would of taken the time to look at the cam that they are selling which i think any vendor who buys from a company should look at all the specs were met by the company who makes there product.. how many average guys who work on their cars now how the reluctor wheel on the cam should look like? i bet not many.. now people are down money and months withour their cars..
Seeings how no one has ever had a problem with a cam reluctor wheel in the first place, why should he look for it? I know I've never thought twice about looking at the reluctor wheel on any cam I've gotten. This seems to be a simple isolated problem, and it has been fixed. I'm sure he checks the wheels now.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
Seeings how no one has ever had a problem with a cam reluctor wheel in the first place, why should he look for it? I know I've never thought twice about looking at the reluctor wheel on any cam I've gotten. This seems to be a simple isolated problem, and it has been fixed. I'm sure he checks the wheels now.

exactly my point if he doesnt or better yet looked at it before what makes him think that an average person who only knows that basics on ls1 will know what to look at.. anways atleast they working with us to fix the problem which is what helps..it sux that they have gone through these problems with that company.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

exactly my point if he doesnt or better yet looked at it before what makes him think that an average person who only knows that basics on ls1 will know what to look at.. anways atleast they working with us to fix the problem which is what helps..it sux that they have gone through these problems with that company.
one could say the average person who only knows the basics shouldnt be pulling an engine apart and installing a camshaft.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had the impression futral put out some pretty good cams...

Quick Reply: Anyone else happen to get a BAD Futral cam!?? NEW CAMS SENT A LONG TIME AGO