LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Anyone know anything about Mizfitmotorsports?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007 | 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

Question Anyone know anything about Mizfitmotorsports?

I see they have been a sponsor for around a year or so. The website looks very weak for a sponsor. I can't find anyone on the board that is running one of there engines. This may be due to search sucking. They have been a sponsor for about a year.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=mizfit

Mods or admins tell me what you know about them?
How long have they been in business?
How many employees?
Shop location?
Size of shop?
Do you know them personally?
Do you think they are fly by night like so many of the other shops that have been sponsored here?

I would rather hear feedback from board memebers/mods than Mizfit themselves.
Tell me what you know.
Old 02-22-2007 | 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

I am moving this to sponsor feedback as that is where it belongs.
Old 02-22-2007 | 05:48 PM
TECH Regular

The website looks very weak for a sponsor.

och..and I designed the graphics myself too. I thought it was a cool concept. Yes our webpage isn't much up to speed as we put it up to have something there but have not had the time to load all our pics of our 69 pro-touring camaro and other projects along with the parts we sell...ok I will try not say any more since you want to here from others....

I can't find anyone on the board that is running one of there engines.

They are out there and hopefully well see this and respond to this thread..
Old 02-27-2007 | 03:03 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Only sponsors and the post originator can reply in this forum.
Old 03-05-2007 | 07:41 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Only sponsors and the post originator can reply in this forum.
This would be the reason that I did not post it in here. But it seems that was to hard to understand.
Old 03-05-2007 | 08:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Z284U2TRY
This would be the reason that I did not post it in here. But it seems that was to hard to understand.

Fixed, sorry bout that, minor brain fart
Old 03-05-2007 | 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

well me and my friend sent in 50% on 2 408 shortblocks. i was told wen i send in the other 50% they can be assembled and shipped in no time. i hope it all turns out great. Taylor sounds like a cool guy.
Old 03-05-2007 | 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

Why not assemble before final payment is due. The couple places I have talk to thus far are 50% up front the final 50% when all is completed ready to ship. Please let me know your turn around from start to finish and when you get these up and running.
Old 03-05-2007 | 01:56 PM
TECH Resident

Why not assemble before final payment is due. The couple places I have talk to thus far are 50% up front the final 50% when all is completed ready to ship. Please let me know your turn around from start to finish and when you get these up and running.
he said they were doin alot of motors and if we sent all the money it would be easier for him to get the parts ordered. originally i thought it was 50% down and 50% when ready to ship. it wont ne runnin for awhile. we sent him the first 50% fri the 23rd of feb.
Old 03-05-2007 | 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I see they have been a sponsor for around a year or so. The website looks very weak for a sponsor. I can't find anyone on the board that is running one of there engines. This may be due to search sucking. They have been a sponsor for about a year.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=mizfit

Mods or admins tell me what you know about them?
How long have they been in business?
How many employees?
Shop location?
Size of shop?
Do you know them personally?
Do you think they are fly by night like so many of the other shops that have been sponsored here?

I would rather hear feedback from board memebers/mods than Mizfit themselves.
Tell me what you know.

I would like to know also. I am in the market for a long block 408. I sent them an email and still no response.

I also mentioned that I am just 30 minutes away from Lawrence in KS and I also asked who builds their motors.
Old 03-06-2007 | 07:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
I would like to know also. I am in the market for a long block 408. I sent them an email and still no response.

I also mentioned that I am just 30 minutes away from Lawrence in KS and I also asked who builds their motors.

Let us all know when they get back to you and what kind of answers you get.
Old 04-10-2007 | 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

Let us all know when they get back to you and what kind of answers you get.
i still have no motor
Old 04-11-2007 | 10:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by santiago
well me and my friend sent in 50% on 2 408 shortblocks. i was told wen i send in the other 50% they can be assembled and shipped in no time. i hope it all turns out great. Taylor sounds like a cool guy.

Well, if you recall when they had there sheetmetal intake sale I latched on immediately, I had talked with Taylor on how I had wanted to have my 105mm throttle body installed and my fuel rails, I new it was going to cost more money and he told me $1950. So I next day air him my fuel rails,tb, and a money order for $1950 .I wanted to get my point across that I was serious he also told me three weeks which wasnt a problem as I was waiting for my l92 cnc heads that still havent come since January. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT HE TELLS ME AFTER TWO AND A HALF MONTHS THAT HE HAS RUN OUT OF ALUMINUM , AND THEN A WEEK LATER TELLS ME THAT HIS "FABRICATOR" IS SCREWING HIM AND IS MAD BECAUSE OF THE CHANGES THAT WOULD NEED TO BE MADE,(THAT HE WAS WELL AWARE OF THE WHOLE TIME). SO I TELL HIM TO SEND ME MY PARTS AND MY MONEY BACK AND CANT EVEN BEGIN TO EXPLAIN THAT PART OF THE SAGA.

TPIS charged $1900 for the same thing but with a manifold with testing behind it and had it completed in 3 weeks

Livernois had my heads that I waited for from tsp for three months , in two days

You can try to use the little guy but all you do is get jacked around hope this info helps
Old 04-11-2007 | 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

I sent you back your money within a few days and we spoke on the phone a dozen times about the delay in getting parts back to you. I apologized a dozen times as well for the delay in getting parts back to you. Everything was refunded and returned and you seemed fine considering the situtation and now month+ after it happen you want to complain about it.

Refund was given and parts returned period. I am sorry for the problem with the intake not being able to fit you CUSTOM Turbo Truck setup.

Taylor
Old 04-11-2007 | 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

my friends car has been down since nov 06 and mine since january,hopefully we can get our motor within this month is this possible taylor?

Last edited by santiago; 04-11-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-11-2007 | 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Adam you just ordered your motor a month ago and you decided to wait for the new callies cranks to come out so we both knew that would delay your project. Now that we have your crank and rods the motor can be completed please don't say that I have delayed a project since november 06 when you just ordered the motor from us recently. People read that as you not getting a motor for over 6 months which is not true.
Old 04-11-2007 | 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mizfit MotorSports
Adam you just ordered your motor a month ago and you decided to wait for the new callies cranks to come out so we both knew that would delay your project. Now that we have your crank and rods the motor can be completed please don't say that I have delayed a project since november 06 when you just ordered the motor from us recently. People read that as you not getting a motor for over 6 months which is not true.
whoa taylor i did not say you have delayed our project i only stated my friends car has been down since nov 06 and mine since jan the only reason i said this is cuz were sik of driving around in other cars.
i placed the order for the 2 408's on 23rd of feb and we thought they would be done by now....not that big of a deal.
I understand the late shipment of the cranks and all. we are jus ready to get our cars goin you know what i mean? im not flaming you im jus cryin over the fact i cant drive my car lol and i if wanna cry about it let me cry about it
Old 04-11-2007 | 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

ok good sorry...was just reading it as a flame just don't want this to turn into some-kind of bash thread when we know that we are a little behind since we decided to wait on the callies stuff. We have only one guy right now that can be upset due to delays and his is a boosted 408 going to florida (but he is a ubderstanding type of guy) and we should be finished with his this week and hopefully be close with your guys setup as well.
Old 04-11-2007 | 12:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mizfit MotorSports
ok good sorry...was just reading it as a flame just don't want this to turn into some-kind of bash thread when we know that we are a little behind since we decided to wait on the callies stuff. We have only one guy right now that can be upset due to delays and his is a boosted 408 going to florida (but he is a ubderstanding type of guy) and we should be finished with his this week and hopefully be close with your guys setup as well.
so wut was up with callies were they jus hella busy or...?
Old 04-11-2007 | 12:40 PM
On The Tree

well im the other guy that ordered the 408 with santiago. my car has been down since nov 06, not due to anything with the motors. atleast we are getting some good news with these motors now. hope we get them soon.

Quick Reply: Anyone know anything about Mizfitmotorsports?