LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Brewers Restoration & Performance Followup

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Brewers Restoration & Performance Followup

I posted a couple months ago on this but can't find the original post.

Is anyone home at Brewers Resto & Performance? Long (and painful) story short, we reached agreement last week on a refund of over $2,400. I was told my refund was ready to be processed at that time, but it's now been a week and I still haven't seen a dime.

I've sent multiple e-mails trying to get a status. No response to any of my mails. Any suggestions/help to get them to process my refund are appreciated.

Dave
Old 05-25-2007, 12:20 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Year One event was this past week, I know Phil is heavily involved in that event.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:17 AM
Teching In

Thx Tony - under normal circumstances I'd give the benefit of the doubt to sponsors, but non-responsiveness has been par for the course. Plus, the Year One event ended last Sunday didn’t it? Consider the timeline – and this is after weeks of negotiating the subframe return in the first place:

1. April 9: BRP receives my returned subframe. I’m paying for the return shipping and a "discounted" $200 restocking fee, which I'm ok with since we're past the 60 day return timeline. But because the subframe has major clearance problems, we agree to this based on mutual responsibility. Thought things were good at this point.
2. April 10: I send e-mail to Phil to make sure he received my subframe, and ask when he will be processing my refund.
3. April 23: After leaving several voicemail messages due to no response, I receive e-mail from Phil that he got my subframe, and that he will have to charge another $50 to touch up scratches in the primer in addition to the restocking fee – in fairness, Phil said there might be an additional charge depending on its condition upon return. He also informs me that the steering shaft is missing and will process my refund as soon as I send it to him.
4. May 7: BRP receives my steering shaft (sort of). I send e-mail to Phil to make sure he got the steering shaft because USPS tracking shows it arrived. No response for 3 days.
5. May 10: I receive e-mail from Phil saying he got the package, but no steering shaft inside. He attaches a pic showing a hole in the package. Thanks USPS - someone must have really wanted a steering shaft.
6. May 10: I respond to Phil asking him to deduct the cost of the steering shaft from my refund, and to please process my refund.
7. May 15: No response so I send another e-mail to Phil asking for status of my refund.
8. May 17: Still no response so I send another e-mail to Phil asking for status of my refund, this time breaking down what I thought was the refund amount.
9. May 17: I receive e-mail from Phil with a lower refund total noting "WE DO NOT REIMBURSE FREIGHT!!!" Also, it's $40 for the lost steering shaft. He offers a $2,409 refund (out of $2,868) but, "If this is not OK then the normal re-fund will be 2,069.20 your call??" He says he will tell his girls to hold processing my refund until he gets my e-mail response.
10. May 17: I send a note back telling him to go ahead and process my $2,409 refund (Do I really have a choice).
11. May 23: Still no refund and no response from Phil. I send another message to Phil asking him to have his girls process my refund.
12. May 24: No response. I send another message to Phil noting that it’s been a week since he promised to send my refund and to please have his girls process it.
13. May 25: Still no response as of today.

I know we want to give our sponsors a chance to respond and make things right, but I think I’ve been pretty reasonable and patient up to now. I could add much more detail, but I'm trying to stick to posting rules. Any help or suggestions to get BRP to live up to our agreement is appreciated.

Dave
Old 05-26-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Did they explain that if it is going as a credit back a credit card it can take a full billing cycle to appear? You haven't mentioned how it was paid for, this is the only thing I can think of at the moment as to why it hasn't appeared yet.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Teching In

Nope. Last I heard from them was 5/17 saying my refund was ready to be processed as soon as I gave the go ahead - which I did the same day. Why would it take a full billing cycle? I've never seen a refund take a full billing cycle once it's processed. I just returned a bunch of building materials yesterday and the refund hit my account today. My online statement also shows all "pending" debits or credits to my card and there's nothing pending from BRP.

But the main point is I can't get a response to my request for refund status, period.
Dave
Old 05-27-2007, 08:54 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Dave, thanks for the chain of events. I skimmed over it and see a lot of "email" "sent message" etc...

Have you tried picking up the phone? Usually 100x more effective than emails. Believe me, we have at least 20+ vendors pay us late every quarter and emails don't do anything for us.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Teching In

edit: Corrected date

Yes, left 3 phone messages since May 10, 2 on the shop line, 1 on his cell. No response to date.

Last edited by DaveO; 05-28-2007 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Left another message yesterday - no one picks up at the shop or cell. Is there another number/e-mail/blog/anything where someone can get a live person at BRP?
Old 05-30-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Some companies do take a full billing cycle but it doesn't explain the no return contact.

At this point you should file a claim - not sure how you paid but if it is credit card then it would be best to start that process now.

I'll see if I can come up with anything this week and pm you that information.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Today has been fact finding day it seems...
The check was mailed out last week. This was after the subframe was held by the buyer for an extended period of time although there is a 60 day grace for returns, an exception was made. The reason the payment was held up is because not all parts were returned and until they were, a refund would not be issued. There was also no 20% restock fee, it was reduced to 4%.

Considering the member did not provide any dates I was wondering what was going on and called Phil. He was easy enough to get ahold of and knew about this situation right off the bat. There are some things that will go unsaid as they do not have bearing right now on the refund.
He has no problem issuing the refund as long as he had all his parts back - now he does and the check has been issued.

Quick Reply: Brewers Restoration & Performance Followup