LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

tci transmission

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007 | 01:44 PM
Launching!

Post tci transmission

I have a 2002 ws6 collectors trans-am i was driving the car as normal, then all of a sudden the car would not go, the trans temp went to 250 so i pull the car over and shut the car off mind u I'm in a 20 mph zone 3 blocks from my house.
I start the car after a half hour of cooling, the car does the same thing buy this time I get out check the trany fluid it smelled completely fried and metal shaving were on the dip stick so i get the car home in the garage up on jack stands. I just had a new trany from triple-edge performance put in the car with a brand new TCI stall converter 3500. I decide to drop the pan and inspect it.

Its full of nothing but metal shavings so I take it to the trany builder he says the converter is roached and caused it to take out the trany being its only been in the car for a couple months. I called TCI they say don't worry its under warranty we will handle everything.
I sent them the converter 6/25/2007 as my trany builder stated the converter was the cause of the damage because of a faulty needle bearing they say we will send u a new converter sent 6/28/07 and fax me what your bill was so I faxed jerry in warranty claims the bill for 1500 dollar covering the rebuild and cleaning of all the metal shaving that had to be removed from lines trany and such as well as new clutches and pump 6/29/2007
Then, today i get a letter from jerry in warranty claims saying he is not going to cover this bill or even help out with it in anyway way shape or form in turn I'm out $1500.00 bucks because I decided to purchase there junk that destroyed my car and killed my season for driving my car THANKS TCI !!!!!!!

As jerry stated in the letter your transmission is not covered under any tci warranty or service policy as it is not a tci product sending him a bill while its repaired buy the orig trany builder limits his options .!! = bull crap

I CALLED EVERY CONVERTER COMPANY ON LS1 TECH BUT ONE AND THEY WILL BACK UP THERE WARRANTY AND CLAIMS EVERY ONE OF THEM TOLD ME IF SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPENS THEY REPLACE EVERYTHING NO CHARGE WHATS WRONG HERE I SAY TCI NEEDS TO BE REMOVED FROM LS1TECH!!!!!!

Last edited by mightybird; 07-20-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-20-2007 | 02:17 PM
TECH Veteran

There are no dates or names for me to address this with Jerry, posting the reason why listed in the letter would be a great help. Jerry is not one to leave out details like that on a warranty claim.

Thank You
Old 07-20-2007 | 08:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GEARHED
There are no dates or names for me to address this with Jerry, posting the reason why listed in the letter would be a great help. Jerry is not one to leave out details like that on a warranty claim.

Thank You
U have a pm and I have updated some dates as well I have some pics of the destruction I can post .

Last edited by mightybird; 07-20-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-23-2007 | 05:33 PM
Launching!

Did u forget about me ??
Old 07-23-2007 | 06:44 PM
TECH Veteran

No, but Monday has been hectic with phone tag. I'll find out, just limited to working hours in a day.
Old 07-24-2007 | 02:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Dated with records from TCI and Speed Inc in response:

10.1.06, TCI sold a converter to Speed Inc who does not have a matching name to this member. The only items Speed Inc has for the name (member) is a shift kit and trans mount sold 3.25.07

6.19.07 Member contacted TCI that converter failed, not Speed Inc.

6.25.07 TCI paid for shipping back of converter to inspect, found bent pin.

6.28.07 TCI replaced the converter at no cost to member.

6-29-07 TCI receives a bill for repairs that included radiator repair and a trans cooler, neither of which have anything to do with the failed converter or replaced one at no cost out of warranty period converter. This bill was from the member and a shop not in partner with TCI or Speed Inc.

This sentence had me wondering due to lack of punctuation, it was clarified by Jerry:
"As jerry stated in the letter your transmission is not covered under any tci warranty or service policy as it is not a tci product sending him a bill while its repaired buy the orig trany builder limits his options .!!"

TCI was more than willing to inspect your transmission for what damage may have been caused by the first failed converter. Jerry gave this member that option as they know transmissions inside and out, it would also have been within warranty limits if the tranny had been sent to TCI. Member opted to have a local shop inspect/repair/estimate instead which voids the warranty of any damages including any replacement converter.

TCI carries a 90 day warranty with a limited 1 year warranty as stated in their policy.

TCI and Speed Inc went above and beyond to try to help this member months after the warranty expired. Unfortunately, all was out of warranty and voided by member having a shop of his choosing, without authorization by TCI to do any repair work. This will void any warranty by any sponsor or vendor.

There is no need for further discussion on this matter. It is a lesson learned in the hobby that buyers must take all due care and caution to stay within the parameters of any company warranty period and stipulations.
Old 07-24-2007 | 04:24 PM
Launching!

Are u kidding me i took the car back to the shop that built the trany and installed the converter in the first place.
1. I was never never told that they would be willing to inspect my transmission

2.the radiator trans cooler was filled with shavings as well as the lines and external cooler.
3.And yes I was well with in my warrenty the warrenty was from the day of install witch the destruction happens with in 2 months of that.

4. why would i contact speed inc last i knew they dident make converters
5.ship date for the converter 10/03/06 installed 3/2/07 much later at triple adge performance 2 months befor i first called the man he is full of bs
and as far as him going above his job far from it the man fed me lines of crap the whole time I delt with him even going as far as telling basicly why his converters are basicly junk compared to others on the market and why they dont hold up becouse they use cheaper materials so on and so fourth.

And let me ask u just becouse he is a paying customer of ls1tech does mean his word is gold i talked to atleast 12 people this has happend to in the past week but i guess we all lied ??
Old 07-30-2007 | 01:16 PM
TECH Veteran

The other 12 people haven't posted in this forum to know - and I highly doubt you would be told the part you are buying is crap.
Old 07-31-2007 | 02:37 PM
Launching!

There ya go http://www.chitownracing.com/forums/...ad.php?t=80478 oh and i talked to some members on ls1tech and they where asked not to get involved .

Quick Reply: tci transmission