LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

C5R Block VS Standard LS1

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 02:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: C5R Block VS Standard LS1

Micah, so when does the warranty end?

Now there might be some extenuating circumstances, I don't have a feel for a lot of details.

But if a guy builds a big motor, and then waits a year for a transmission, the engine warranty expires and that's the way it is, unless there was an agreement with the engine company.
That's fair?
Old 08-20-2003, 02:47 PM
Launching!

We have debating on whether to keep this thread open or not in the admin section.

I'm going to work on our guidelines for threads like this.

I totally recall iateyourcat posting about building this motor a while ago. I"m sorry to see folks not figuring out problems together.

I feel like we are being spoon fed details and we might not have the whole story. I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, is it to slam MMS? If you looking for love in this thread (iateyourcat) I think you are getting mixed responses.

Since the motor was out of the warranty period you would been in a situation where you were looking for MMS to work with you on a mutually agreeable solution.

I'm sure that MMS mentioned to you several times verbally that you had a one-year engine warranty if you did not use nitrous.

I'm not seeing major value in this thread but I don't want the last word... And fimal comments from either side before this is locked?
Your free to close the thread as far as I'm concerned. I'll put up a timeline of events complete with pictures and update the board with the outcome (if that's allright).

My intention here was to reach a fair solution. IMO, fair means getting what I paid for and considering that I paid sooo much money, I can't settle for anything less.

I understand that it looks like 18 months from MMS's point of view. But, from my point of view the problem was two weeks old. And considering how often dropped sleeves happened in the 2001 blocks, it won't be hard to document the problem, nor the resolutions. I shouldn't be denied this fair resolution.

www.iateyourcat.net/ss

..you can rename the thread too if it would make it clearer. How about "Dropped Sleeves"?
Old 08-20-2003, 03:17 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

My eyes hurt from trying to reread the thread and get all the facts..

I see that you got the motor aroujnd 11/01 and the intake on 3/02, I think I have that right.

So the one year warranty should start as soon as you were supplied all the parts from MMS that were spec'd as part of the package.

Have you already engaged Moore on the car? I can see the heartache but you should pay about a grand to pull the motor and $250 so ship it to MMS. If you paid substantially more than that for the removal or teardown you are overpaying. I was told by Tony that there were labor figures in the thread but I could not find them. I heard some big numbers for labor charges.

In future if folks want more out of a thread like this, why don't you post all the details, in order, along with the other mods you have to the car. I never saw anywhere an explanation why the car has low miles on it if if the motor was delivered in 10/01... when did it actually go in the car? What did it dyno?

I once had a motor that had problems and I documented everything I did while the problem was ocurring. I would call and give the shop updates. We got along fine during the warranty process.

I'm not against Iateyourcat or MMS I am opposed to threads like this where we get additional facts every ten posts or so...

Last edited by IB Member Support; 09-21-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:10 PM
Launching!

My eyes hurt from trying to reread the thread and get all the facts..

I see that you got the motor aroujnd 11/01 and the intake on 3/02, I think I have that right.

So the one year warranty should start as soon as you were supplied all the parts from MMS that were spec'd as part of the package.

Have you already engaged Moore on the car? I can see the heartache but you should pay about a grand to pull the motor and $250 so ship it to MMS. If you paid substantially more than that for the removal or teardown you are overpaying. I was told by Tony that there were labor figures in the thread but I could not find them. I heard some big numbers for labor charges.

In future if folks want more out of a thread like this, why don't you post all the details, in order, along with the other mods you have to the car. I never saw anywhere an explanation why the car has low miles on it if if the motor was delivered in 10/01... when did it actually go in the car? What did it dyno?

I once had a motor that had problems and I documented everything I did while the problem was ocurring. I would call and give the shop updates. We got along fine during the warranty process.

I'm not against Iateyourcat or MMS I am opposed to threads like this where we get additional facts every ten posts or so...

Labor for swapping the engine was $1850. That included swapping the engine once, replacing the head gaskets once (which was done before we determined that it was the block), and the the leakdown and coolant pressure test time. I'm asking $3000 for the block. The labor and other parts to fix/build the engine was $3304. That includes all aspects of rebuilding the shortblock and a set of pistons (which were scuffed). The total from more was more than $3304 but had him put lunati billet rods in instead of reusing the Childs and Albert Rods. I did not charge Mike for the lunati rods.

Sound right?

..there's a lot of info here, I had a lot done. Also, the car had less than 3000 miles on it when I took it in. ..just another thing to add to my misery.

Last edited by IB Member Support; 09-21-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:43 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

When did you start driving the car?
Old 08-20-2003, 05:17 PM
Launching!

When did you start driving the car?
I got it the first week in May and started driving it right away. It took awhile to put any miles on it because the Stange needed to be broke in (as well as the engine). I had to drive 25 miles then let the pumpkin cool off for a while until there were 250 miles on it.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:55 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Since both involved parties have stated that closing this thread would be acceptable, I'll go ahead and do so. I'll be moving it to the buyer/seller feedback forum instead.

Feel free to keep us updated on the situation, but use a more suitable forum if it will eventually stray from actual technical discussion.

Thanks, and best of luck to all involved parties. I guess the court system will decide the outcome.

Tony

Quick Reply: C5R Block VS Standard LS1