LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

My Tom Z Wheels Arived Yesterday... TTMs (black)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008 | 05:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Post My Tom Z Wheels Arived Yesterday... TTMs (black)

But i had a lsight problem with them

I ordered 2 fronts at 17X9 and 2 rears at 17X10.5.. I got shipped 4 at 17X9 Ohh well, what you going to do. And my bill was correct, jsut the Quality Control person wasn't paying attention. So i talked to Katrina and she was sending me some return labels. So as soon as they see the return in progress they will send the correct wheel out to me..

And here is another kicker.. I bought new tires from Discount Tires. Nittos all around. 275/40 and 315/35. Well i got the right size tire for the rears, but rims to put them on Then i got the right size front, but in a DR So now they have to re-order my front tires..

So i ahve the right rear tires, but no wheels to mount them on. I have the right front wheels but no tires to mount..

yesterday was not a good day for me with wheels/tires

on the bright side, My Textralia Z grip came in with no problems
Old 05-02-2008 | 08:45 AM
TECH Regular

Damn that sucks man, sorry to hear that. So they sent you 4 DR's instead of just the rears? Will look good once you have them on though. I have the exact same combo.
Old 05-02-2008 | 08:49 AM
Teching In

I'm still waiting on mine. He told me a few days ago that he got some in and mine would be the one of the firsts mounted. I ordered 2x9's and 2x10.5's just like you. That was a couple of days ago , and i haven't heard anything from him since. He was supposed to send me an email when they got shipped out. I hope he just forgot to notify me, because it would suck if they havent shipped them out yet. We ordered around the same time.

Sorry about your luck... hopefully you will get it all straightened out and mine will eventually show up.
Old 05-02-2008 | 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

What kind of Nitto's did you get? I couldn't find 315 555R's anywhere.
Old 05-02-2008 | 09:02 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Pretty lame to make a post like this and potentially hurt their business, especially if they are taking care of the issue for you. Tomzwheels has been an excellent sponsor here, with hundreds of pleased customers. Posting this stuff isn't really fair to them.
Old 05-02-2008 | 09:09 AM
Teching In

In my opinion, I really dont think that he is trying to hurt their business. I just think he was updating us on his new wheels and his bad luck.

that's just my two cents....
Old 05-02-2008 | 09:37 AM
Launching!

^^^^ Agreed and mistakes happen the important thing is they are correcting the problem! and this just seems as an update!
Old 05-02-2008 | 09:52 AM
TECH Resident

Mine should be coming in today! woo..

sorry to hear about your bad luck though.
Old 05-02-2008 | 09:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Agreed everybody makes mistakes. Katrina took care of my issues with the defective 315 tire and the missing locks. Their customer service I have to say is top notch. But whoever is doing the last check before they go out has to step it up.
Old 05-02-2008 | 12:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

At no point am i trying to hurt Tomz Wheels. Katrina took care of everything. It was jsut my bad day yesterday for wheels and tires. That is all. I am a little upset of the quality control though. Now i was expecting to be up and runing this weekend, but i have to wait another week. Ohh well.

As for the tires, i got jsut the Nitto 555 Extreme Performance. They shipped me 275/40 in DRs for the fronts, it was a mistake on their end. And yes, the dicsount tire where i ordered Nittos from, they had some 315/35 DRs in stock

Still can not wait to get these on my car
Old 05-02-2008 | 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

things like this only happen when its something you want badly.
Old 05-02-2008 | 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by themadscientist
In my opinion, I really dont think that he is trying to hurt their business. I just think he was updating us on his new wheels and his bad luck.

that's just my two cents....
I agree in no way shape or form did he try and knock TomZ Wheels. He was excited about receiving his wheels and bummed by not getting the right ones. He explained that in his post. Admin needs to loosen the hairs a bit. My 2 cents.
Old 05-02-2008 | 02:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99zman
things like this only happen when its something you want badly.
I had to wait an extra two weeks
Old 05-02-2008 | 03:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SS1875
I agree in no way shape or form did he try and knock TomZ Wheels. He was excited about receiving his wheels and bummed by not getting the right ones. He explained that in his post. Admin needs to loosen the hairs a bit. My 2 cents.
I think you need to loosen your hairs. He clearly expressed dis-satisfaction with quality control. I agree with Nine Ball, the story could have been told minus the "quality control" issues. I think what most people don't realize is that Tomz is a very large buisness with only like 4 people working there. It's VERY easy to get overwhelmed and I think they are doing a phenomenal job. I can understand a slip up here or there, and I completely understand people getting upset.

Back on topic, which Discount Tire location did you go through? I recently had a serious mishap with them as well at both the plainfield road location and bell road location. ugh.
Old 05-02-2008 | 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
I think you need to loosen your hairs. He clearly expressed dis-satisfaction with quality control. I agree with Nine Ball, the story could have been told minus the "quality control" issues. I think what most people don't realize is that Tomz is a very large buisness with only like 4 people working there. It's VERY easy to get overwhelmed and I think they are doing a phenomenal job. I can understand a slip up here or there, and I completely understand people getting upset.

Back on topic, which Discount Tire location did you go through? I recently had a serious mishap with them as well at both the plainfield road location and bell road location. ugh.
So if this happened to you, you woudn't care? if find that hard to beleive? when you pay you hard earned money for something regardless of who you get it from and something that happens that makes you bummed mad or sad, ya that's what most people do is just say O well ill just wait another week who cares i really didnt want them anyway.... No he has every right to say what ever he feels. It's not the Op's fault. whos is it??? they made a mistake.He didnt say anything bad about the company in any way.TomZ is a top notch sponsor. There going to take care of it like a good business but id be mad none the less.

Last edited by 99zman; 05-02-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2008 | 04:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Rabbit's97SS
I totally agree... +1

Agreed +2
Old 05-02-2008 | 05:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Thread moved to appropriate forum.
Old 05-02-2008 | 07:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by phantomzer0

Hey Russ

I was upset with the QC.. Not with the company itself. QC is a big part of my job, as it should be with any job. That is all. It should be taken care of as soon as Monday. I jsut shipped the wheels back today.

The Discount Tire that i use is in LaGrange.
Old 05-03-2008 | 01:29 PM
FormerVendor

Torchd, I am sorry there was a problem. It sounds like Katrina has it under control and if not let me know and I will look into it. I believe your post was a statement of your frustration at the delay and not directed directly at my company and I understand that.

To Nine Ball and everyone that spoke up for us I want you to know that means a lot and I really appreciate it.

I want everyone know that we work very hard to get all orders out as quickly as possible with no mistakes. I looked over what happened on this order and we did not do a good enough job in QC in this case. We had back orders on these wheels and customers had been waiting for them and as soon as the wheels got to our shop we were trying to get all orders out that day. On this day we exceeded our normal workload and left room for an error. I am not trying to make excuses but I do want Torchd to know this was not just a mistake caused by simple negligence.

Thanks
Tom
Old 05-05-2008 | 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TomZwheels
Torchd, I am sorry there was a problem. It sounds like Katrina has it under control and if not let me know and I will look into it. I believe your post was a statement of your frustration at the delay and not directed directly at my company and I understand that.

To Nine Ball and everyone that spoke up for us I want you to know that means a lot and I really appreciate it.

I want everyone know that we work very hard to get all orders out as quickly as possible with no mistakes. I looked over what happened on this order and we did not do a good enough job in QC in this case. We had back orders on these wheels and customers had been waiting for them and as soon as the wheels got to our shop we were trying to get all orders out that day. On this day we exceeded our normal workload and left room for an error. I am not trying to make excuses but I do want Torchd to know this was not just a mistake caused by simple negligence.

Thanks
Tom
Yes my frustration was for the delay of the wheels. I did talk to Katrina this morning b/c i wanted to do a follow up with her to make sure the that she sees that i had already sent the wheels back to you, which was Friday.. I really hopw that she is able to ship them today. She did not seem to certain. But i got faith

BTW Tom you guys are still TOP NOTCH

Quick Reply: My Tom Z Wheels Arived Yesterday... TTMs (black)