LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Just received a horrible set of ZR-1's from TomZ: SPONSOR ADDRESSED

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Post Just received a horrible set of ZR-1's from TomZ: SPONSOR ADDRESSED

WARNING! Pics may seem blurry, but I assure you that I used a high quality camera to take pics of shitty chrome!
I just received a horrible set of ZR-1's from TomZwheels. They are OE Concepts ZR-1 wheels with Vredestein tires. The chrome is the poorest quality I have ever seen. There are several areas where the chrome is thin, wrinkled or has a matte finish. In every lug nut hole, there are deep scratches in the surface and the chrome is almost non existant to the point that you can see almost bare aluminum, which will pit very fast. One wheel has a brown stain on the inner and outer side while the other has a scratch that starts and stops halfway around the inner part of the wheel. The bad sections of the wheels are located on the inner parts of the spokes, the outer lip and the lug nut holes.

Now this is my second set of ZR-1's that I purchased from TomZ. The first set were 17x11's w/ Vredesteins and they were and still are absolutely beautiful from the moment I received them! The chrome is perfect, no wrinkles, no matte finish, no scratches and still no pitting.

Now these new wheels on the other hand are unexceptable. I have spent a total of $1,250 for the front and back wheels, but I expect the front to be as just as good of quality.

Here are pics!..........................

COPPER AT THE BASE OF INNER SPOKE

ORANGE PEEL ON OUTER LIP

SCRATCH THAT GOES ON & OFF ALL THE WAY AROUND THE ONE WHEEL

MATTE FINISH ON INNER PART OF SPOKES

WRINKLES ON OUTER LIP

MORE WRINKLES ON OUTER LIP

MATTE FINISH & WRINKLES ON OUTER LIP

DEEP, DEEP, SCRATHES IN SURFACE OF LUG NUT HOLE

MATTE FINISH & SCRATCHES ON INNER PART OF SPOKE

ANOTHER COPPER SPOT AND SOME MORE DEEP SCRATCHES IN SURFACE

BARE ALUMINUM ON LUG NUT HOLES

SWIRL MARKS, WRINKLES AND MATTE FINISH

Last edited by 9t8z28; 07-30-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

I spoke with Tom initially and he admitted that I had received a bad set of wheels. Now Katrina has been Emailing me back and forth and she has been ignoring my questions in the Emails and I have been trying to do nothing but work with her. She wants me to Paypal $300 to them and they will drop ship me a set. This will take a week to receive them, then they are only going to give me $15 to have BOTH tires unmounted and then remounted on the new set of wheels.

First of all, it is going to cost me at least $15 per wheel to have them unmounted and remounted..

Secondly, if I Paypal the $300 to them, it will take a week for the wheels to get from Texas to Pa, then I have to take off work to get the tires unmounted and then remounted on the new wheels. Then it will take another week for the bad wheels to get to them. Then when they receive in the product, look it over, and then refund the money via Paypal, it will take Paypal another week to reimburse me. I can not be without $300 for 3 weeks! It took me a long time to save up for these wheels, and proof of that is I bought the rear set 1 year ago!!!

Also, I could get the wheels unmounted and remounted at Pepboys after work, but who in their right mind takes brand new Chrome wheels to PEP BOYS?

The only good part is that they are going to give me a call tag for the bad wheels. But once again, I am going to have to spend more money on boxes for the wheels since the tires and wheels were initially shipped with bands and cardboard on the fronts and backs of the wheels.

All that I asked of them was to drop the price on the deposit and they will not do that. I should be paying a deposit of at the most a little over their cost of each wheel.

And lastly, they state that if I receive the same quality of wheels, I am basically screwed!
If I do not agree to their terms, they will send a call tag for the wheels and tires.

I am not asking to much to have a set of wheels that are at the least, close quality to the wheels that I previously bought.

Last edited by 9t8z28; 07-30-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:43 AM
11 Second Club

Opinions anyone?
Old 07-31-2008, 11:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they asked for you to get them unmounted, send a copy of the reciept regardless of who does it. If they are damaged further in that process then document it and send it along with the return.

I'm not sure I understand this correctly:
And lastly, they state that if I receive the same quality of wheels, I am basically screwed!
If I do not agree to their terms, they will send a call tag for the wheels and tires.

Did anyone actually say they may send you the same quality rims or you may get the same type - there is a difference as it could have meant "no upgrades without a deposit".

If it really is a deal breaker to be out additional funds to get these returned then it may be best to return them, wait and reorder. By that time the quality of a less than optimal batch would be resolved for them as well.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:02 PM
FormerVendor

First of all you were offered the option to have us send call tags to return the wheels and tires for a refund.

We also gave you the option of how we would attempt to exchange the wheels which included a deposit that would be 100% refunded and an amount that we would cover on expenses to change everything out which was $15 per wheel. If you were not happy with that we would pick up the product and give you a refund.

After your response we realized there was a very good posibility that we would not be able to satisfy you and we felt it was best to pick up the wheels and tires and give you a refund.

At your insistence after talking to you we came to an agreement as to how we would handle an exchange. I guess in that agreement we did not discuss how you would come on a public forum and blast us.

I have always tried to do the best job I can to give the best products I can, with the best prices I can, and with the best customer service I can, especially here on the forum. I know that many times people here have regretted as a customer dealing with certain vendors but every now and then as a vendor there are times that I have regretted having certain customers.

Tom

Last edited by TomZwheels; 08-01-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TomZwheels
First of all you were offered the option to have us send call tags to return the wheels and tires for a refund.

We also gave you the option of how we would attempt to exchange the wheels which included a deposit that would be 100% refunded and an amount that we would cover on expenses to change everything out which was $15 per wheel. If you were not happy with that we would pick up the product and give you a refund.

After your response we realized there was a very good posibility that we would not be able to satisfy you and we felt it was best to pick up the wheels and tires and give you a refund.

At your insistence after talking to you we came to an agreement as to how we would handle an exchange. I guess in that agreement we did not discuss how you would come on a public forum and blast us.

I have always tried to do the best job I can to give the best products I can, with the best prices I can, and with the best customer service I can, especially here on the forum. I know that many times people here have regretted as a customer dealing with certain vendors but every now and then as a vendor there are times that I have regretted having certain customers.

Tom
Actually Tom, I posted these pics to get a response to wether I was being to picky about the quaility of the wheels. I have received many replies to this thread that have not been posted here. They stated that the wheels were horrible and assembled in the dark. And judging from the pair of wheels that I previously received last year from you, these wheels should not even have been mounted on the same car.

I tried to communicate with Katrina and make it possible for me to get a comparable set of wheels. I Emailed her back and forth several times. The only option she gave me was to deposit $300 for a new set of wheels. I told her that I was not capable of doing this and I asked her what other options do I have. Her next and only option for me was she would send call tags and refund my money. WOW! This really shocked me. She gave up that easy! All I wanted was for her to send call tags for the wheels that way I wouldn't have to pull $300 out of my empty wallet. She either neglected to read my Emails and just skimmed over them and made a short reply, or she didn't want to take the time to fix your companys mistake. Also, she obvioulsy did not see the problems with the wheels in the first place, or else I would not have had to explain what was wrong with them a half a dozen times.

Somewhere along the line, you and Katrina got the impression that I was to picky and I had to have things my way. This is far from the truth. I tried explaining to her that I would rather talk one on one over the phone so that I could explain my concerns and present a solution that she obviosly ignored in the Email. You both read into Emails entirely to far and you should have cleared that up by picking up the phone.

I finally had enough of communicating through Emails that were going nowhere. Keep in mind that I purchased these wheels on June 3rd. I called a couple of times and finally I got ahold of you. The first words out of your mouth were rude. Your company made a mistake and I got **** for it! I had to go back and forth with you and finally you let me speak to present a solution to the problem which we agreed on:

-you reimburse me for unmounting, then send a call tag and I don't have to spend an addition $300, then you inspect the wheels, and possibly send replacements.

It was that easy! Who would have ever thunk it!

And remember how you said you were going to call me back in 2-3 days wether or not you received your new shipment and you were going to look them over? I never got the call!

I don't understand why I had to go through with all of this crap. And after the second call that day, you appoligized stating that you were out of line and didn't take the time to listen to me because you already had past judgement on me before we even spoke.

I sent the wheels back to you. You will see how bad the quality is and then I am sure that you will send the defective wheels back to OE Concepts. This has been a horrible experience for me and I am sure for you.

I am sure that your only option for me is for you to reimburse me and I agree with that.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GEARHED
If they asked for you to get them unmounted, send a copy of the reciept regardless of who does it. If they are damaged further in that process then document it and send it along with the return.

I'm not sure I understand this correctly:

Did anyone actually say they may send you the same quality rims or you may get the same type - there is a difference as it could have meant "no upgrades without a deposit".

If it really is a deal breaker to be out additional funds to get these returned then it may be best to return them, wait and reorder. By that time the quality of a less than optimal batch would be resolved for them as well.
Yes, Katrina said that the quality may be the same. She said there will be machining marks around the outside of the lugnut whole, and there will be bare spots on the backs of the wheels where copper was showing through.

I never asked for a upgrade. I paid for a chrome wheel and I expect a chrome wheel. Bare aluminum and copper can not be considered chrome.

Quality control and customer service is the issue here.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TomZwheels

Tom
Funny how this is the first thing you post but the last thing you agreed on which took weeks. You never offered this solution, I did the first day speaking via Email to Katrina which she said no to! Why?
Old 08-12-2008, 09:06 AM
FormerVendor

As you proposed we are picking up the wheels at our expense, we are crediting you $30 to cover dismount/remount expenses, we had our distributor hand pick replacement wheels for you and I am shipping them here to our shop so I can personally inspect them when they arrive before we ship them to you.

At this point when we are going out of our way trying to take care of this for you I do not understand why you continue to come on a public forum and try to hurt our reputation.

I am of course sorry you received a product that you were unhappy with. I agreed that from the pictures that there appear to be some issues with the wheels and we went to work to try and take care of the problem.

Hopefully anyone reading this thread can see the following

We have always stood behind our product.

We offered solutions to the customer to resolve the issues and when those did not please him we offered a refund.

We are still working to resolve this in a manner that addresses his issues and was one that he proposed.

Without going through all the correspondence between us and writing a book I cannot address all of the comments you have made that are incorrect or that are taken out of context.

Tom
Old 08-16-2008, 10:02 AM
11 Second Club

Tom is working with me to resolve the issue.

Quick Reply: Just received a horrible set of ZR-1's from TomZ: SPONSOR ADDRESSED