LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

OFI Turbo Kit Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And when OUR money and OUR time is involved, we have every right to bash him. Not saying the guys that have not bought a kit from him can.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was totaly unaware of the long wait when I ordered the kit. OFI promised 5-7 weeks. So, two months wait is no problem.

You would be right if OFI had told anyone who wanted to order that it will take 8-10 months and yet he ordered from them then came here complaining.

I don't see any bashing in this thread. All everyone stated are facts.

I hope things get resolved by OFI.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

he needs to order stuff that is hard to get or take some time to get in bulk it would make sense, he could speed up deliveries and less stress on him. or hire some extra help if he doesnt then eventually he and his company wont last.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Junkie

All I want as a customer is honesty. If I'm told 6-8 months and that's what it takes then I have no problem. When I'm told 4-6 weeks and it takes 10 months and I'm repeatedly lied to then I have a problem. Anyone can make a mistake here and there but when I'm due a refund and I keep getting the run around and excuse after excust something has to be done. I don't see how he's still a sponsor here either. There have been very very few postive feedbacks about OFI. The sponsor section is flooded with negatives. I don't understand how he's so backed up but still has time to develop the C6 kit.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by theblur98ss
All I want as a customer is honesty. If I'm told 6-8 months and that's what it takes then I have no problem. When I'm told 4-6 weeks and it takes 10 months and I'm repeatedly lied to then I have a problem. Anyone can make a mistake here and there but when I'm due a refund and I keep getting the run around and excuse after excust something has to be done. I don't see how he's still a sponsor here either. There have been very very few postive feedbacks about OFI. The sponsor section is flooded with negatives. I don't understand how he's so backed up but still has time to develop the C6 kit.

ya i see where ur coming from on the c6 kit
Old 08-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98transguy
i am not saying that about everyone obviously.i also agree with people should get what they pay for.My comment i made was towards the guys that come on here , post and ask about the OFI kit.They are told that the kit is great quality but takes quite a while to get.They go ahead and order it they complain.I to was frustrated that it took longer than i wanted it to , to get my kit.But i didnt come on here and bash Joel and complain either.
I would very much agree. Not having ordered a kti from OFI, but from having a custom kit built, and one from HP TURBO KITS and one from PTK , they all take time. 5-7 weeks from my stand point, i know i would be lucky to see it in that amount of time. But i also did my research before, just pulling the trigger on any of these kits. I figure if im going to spend that kind of money , im going to research it a bit.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:46 PM
t-1
11 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

borrow welder and make truck mani kit. use t tops for ac. i love my decision. best o luck to yall
Old 08-23-2008, 12:10 AM
TECH Regular

i was told 6-8 weeks when i orderd mine, was going to do two parts becuse im in canada so i could get all my border stuff under controll. , it dident happen. took 3 months to get most of the kit, then about another month to get the stuff he dident send along with the rest of it. not all of it was the correct stuff i should mention. all the quick connect exhaust claps i got where 3.5" for my 3" down pipe. pluss customer service drops off like a brick off a ledge once they money has been sent threw inless you really ride there ***. the kit is self is not bad. its very cut and dry fit. there is tons of work to be done to get it to fit any wheres near perfect. i still havent gotten it and this is going to be my third time installing it *nuked the motor*, there is lots of little things you dont get told about like the abs bracket and the lines. and kjust a bunch of stuff...but thats my thoughts
Old 08-23-2008, 03:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 94m6Z28
i was told 6-8 weeks when i orderd mine, was going to do two parts becuse im in canada so i could get all my border stuff under controll. , it dident happen. took 3 months to get most of the kit, then about another month to get the stuff he dident send along with the rest of it. not all of it was the correct stuff i should mention. all the quick connect exhaust claps i got where 3.5" for my 3" down pipe. pluss customer service drops off like a brick off a ledge once they money has been sent threw inless you really ride there ***. the kit is self is not bad. its very cut and dry fit. there is tons of work to be done to get it to fit any wheres near perfect. i still havent gotten it and this is going to be my third time installing it *nuked the motor*, there is lots of little things you dont get told about like the abs bracket and the lines. and kjust a bunch of stuff...but thats my thoughts
Is it LT1 kit?
Old 08-23-2008, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by theblur98ss
Sums up my thoughts exactly.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bluecamaroz28
Is it LT1 kit?
yuppers
Old 08-25-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haha another thread about OFI well I could tell you alot about joel but i will probley get banned again so I will just say I have 2 buddys that took 7-11 months to get there kit and were told 6-8 weeks, good luck on the wait with yours.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2002camaroSS
Haha another thread about OFI well I could tell you alot about joel but i will probley get banned again so I will just say I have 2 buddys that took 7-11 months to get there kit and were told 6-8 weeks, good luck on the wait with yours.
I think we would all LOVE to hear your feedback about OFI so the future people that come on here and search can see what kind of business he runs instead of what he CLAIMS!
Old 08-25-2008, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

I agree, spread the word. If I would have read all of these stories I would NOT have bought this kit. Would have been much better off. Instead, when I bought mine I only heard good things. Funny, cause I have zero good things to say about my experience so far. Haha.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Regular

same here, a few other things i forgot to mention as well. he dosent seem to know his kit at all

i was told the stock ABS bracket could be BENT to work where the new ABS unit sits, it can not. and the stock lines needs to be changed out becuse they are no longer long enought to reach the abs unit witch is a PITA becuse of the awasome two diffrent kidnas of threaded ends on the lines. ended up have to get two new ones made.

i was also told NOT TO evap the A/C system becuse it was not needed. i had to have the condenser modified so that the lower line off of the A/C Compresser would not kink up and rub on the serp belt, its dam near impossable to bleed all the air out of the system becuse the rad is so low and the lines for the expantion tank run under the fraim rail to get to the tank, on that note the LT1 pictures i was sent to "try" and help with the install showed a diffrent tank, my tank looks like the one that comes with the LS1 kit. its bull ****. going to end up getting one from canton like some of the other guys on here

the rad as no output to keep the oil cooler lines, i was told an E.W.P would fit no problem at all. i got a CSR water pump becuse it was the shallowest one i could find. good thing becuse i only have about 2cm between its casing and the turbine side of the turbo.

i had to dril the o2 sensor bungs out wider. they where soo tight that they closed the fins(?) on the new 02 sensor i was installing into them *haha, that took a bit of head scratching to figur out*, the pipe from the passenger side header that goes under the starter, up and over the k member and connects with the Y pipe that goes over the steering rack ither hits the starter, makes the y pipe rest on the steering rack or is pressed up agents the ground wire on the block, none of witch are good as far as i know.

over all space is just a &^*&^ to get it to fit right, to get it right and not have to fire sleve every brake line/fuel line/wire near any hot pars is a good week job in it self...ive decided to dedidcate all winter to getting it right well i wait on a motor haha.

as mentioned befor, customer services sucks genitals

i hadpayed 6g's up front and wated 3 months for parts with very little info on what was going on, and Joel was worried about me stiffing him 1200 bucks worth of shipping charges, i do belive it was the only time a call every got returned.

i think they have to many thigns going on to get any one of them perfect, be ready to spend some srs time waitng to get it and making it fit right

a BMR k meber will probly work better, ill update in the spring. its on the "to do" list
Old 08-26-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Well, I was also told two months. I understand that some parts from other suppliers are out of your hands and that there are times in the year that it gets damn near impossible to get something without it being on backorder.

Further, it's not that joel's kits are horrible, but at the same time I won't consider then a direct bolt-on as mine required some modifications to his parts. Also, if i was told from the beginning that my kit would take about 10 months to shipped, with much back and forth, empty promises, etc... I would of probably gone with something else.

In addition, i think if joel would just dedicate someone to deal with the internet orders, follow-ups, phone calls, emails.. the stuff that makes up customer service, I think, with honest kit shipping assessments, there wouldn't be this much going on with OFI.

So, it took me about 10 months or so to get my kit, and it's still, after having those parts for close to a year now, missing parts that were promised or revisions to the condensor setup.... I'm bored with it really and over the OFI thing. My car hasn't even been started and Im sure its going to make some good power and perform well at the track.. but the hassle to actually get it was enough to make me want to sell the damn thing and go with some else.

The features of the kit are great, A/C, 3-4" DP, all above the k-member, options for larger S85-90 turbo's. But OFI customer service is quite lacking. I know if joel improved on just that aspect, and was a bit more honest on his part, he would have more business.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98transguy
3 months i think for mine.most of time was waiting for the radiator and intercooler that Joel gets from someone else
If Joel gives you a line of crap about waiting he is full of crap because I use the same vendor he does and its a quick turn around Joel just does not pay people on time.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by obZidian
Well, I was also told two months. I understand that some parts from other suppliers are out of your hands and that there are times in the year that it gets damn near impossible to get something without it being on backorder.

Further, it's not that joel's kits are horrible, but at the same time I won't consider then a direct bolt-on as mine required some modifications to his parts. Also, if i was told from the beginning that my kit would take about 10 months to shipped, with much back and forth, empty promises, etc... I would of probably gone with something else.

In addition, i think if joel would just dedicate someone to deal with the internet orders, follow-ups, phone calls, emails.. the stuff that makes up customer service, I think, with honest kit shipping assessments, there wouldn't be this much going on with OFI.

So, it took me about 10 months or so to get my kit, and it's still, after having those parts for close to a year now, missing parts that were promised or revisions to the condensor setup.... I'm bored with it really and over the OFI thing. My car hasn't even been started and Im sure its going to make some good power and perform well at the track.. but the hassle to actually get it was enough to make me want to sell the damn thing and go with some else.

The features of the kit are great, A/C, 3-4" DP, all above the k-member, options for larger S85-90 turbo's. But OFI customer service is quite lacking. I know if joel improved on just that aspect, and was a bit more honest on his part, he would have more business.
Agree with you 100%, mine needed extreme modification to make fit as you can see from my pictures. Took me over 10 months to get some of my stuff. His customer service is the worse I have seen on this site. As stated his kit puts out power, just look at my sig, but damn if I could of walked to the moon and back and my kit still would of not been sent.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Banned

Non of the Mods/admins commented so far. Joel didn't post here to explain. Same on the thread at sponsor feedback forum.

Does that mean something is cooking!
Old 08-27-2008, 04:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

I paged him in the private sponsor forum today and asked him to post updates. Outside looking in, he looks like a one-man show who gets behind and sometimes prices stuff too low.

Quick Reply: OFI Turbo Kit Owners