LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in buying a high quality CAI or FWI for under 150 dollars?
Where do I sign?
31.82%
You've got to be kidding!
18.18%
I would definitely think about it.
50.00%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Custom CAI begins today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, that was you Bro............ Keep up the good work.
So easy to judge, so hard to do....
Old 04-02-2009, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wrapped my crossover made a nice differance aswell.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cherry gxp
When i dyno my car this weekend, I am going to first dyno it with my current FWI setup and then I'm going to dyno with the old CAI setup and see which one nets more horses. I will mess with the tune in between runs as well to try and tweak out the A/F ratio. We will end this discussion hell, i might borrow rossko's K&N for a run and see how it compares too
I think thats a good idea, but just remember that the dyno isn't exactly apples to apples, the track would be a better comparison since AIT's are different. Remember I'm not criticizing I'm critiquing... haha
Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 PM
12 Second Club

well, my experiment kind of went out the window due to my No2 install...i kind of needed the elboy lol....here ya go though...some are saying the 90* elbow is a must...some say straight in like cherry is better....my experiment was going to be; and you guys might want to give this a shot...: Take the filter, connect that to the MAF, now connect the MAF to the elbow.....but heres the catch, see the sensor plug...well cut all the way up to that about a 1/2 on each side off of the elbow, just cut it off...now you only have a section that holds the sensor plug.....make sure you keep enough on the INTAKE end of the elbow to connect to the INTAKE lead of the CAI....you can cut and chop all day long and make it out of whatever you feel comfy with....now throw in a TBS spacer...help accelerate that air and kind of be the missing peace for this "best of both worlds" CAI...we are just going to shorten the distance using the same components, but not compramising any components...just shedding the fat....and use the biggest air filter you can find....Now I can see where you guys might have some objections on our friend ambient heat from that darn maniforld that sits there underneath the intake...that thing is where all our darn under hood heat seems to come from....this is where you can get creative...this is where i stopped, cause i kind of need that whole elbow for my No2 and Fuel lines through the elbow...but I was thinking of eliminating the heat shield as Cherry did, and fabricating a plate or something that is custom under the assemply to protect it from engine bay temps and that friggn manifold pipe....so, thats as far as I got...it looked really good for the mock-up...just more trial and error out there...
Old 04-17-2009, 04:46 AM
On The Tree

Ok, the latest and greatest addition to the FWI set-up. The pipe going from fenderwell turn to the filter has been cut in half so the filter butts right up against the elbow to decrease the distance the air travels. I also purchased one of the Injen Hydroblock filter covers for random water spurts. I also removed the big ol' driving lights to make quadruple the amount of fresh air flowing into the fenderwell. Also, great news on that front. When I did all this, I realized that the fenderwell area as well as the filter are perfectly clean This is a load off my mind because I figured they would be sick dirty. I will post some pics up this weekend. The added air at over 20 mph is RIDICULOUS!

Quick Reply: Custom CAI begins today!!!