LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 02:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would get a wet kit, I dont like the idea of having to trust the maf to add more fuel, I have less than $500 in my kit buying all parts used, I had some old hsw noids but replaced them with some brand x's and am still under $500
Old 04-04-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

mind posting part numbers or something? and i was thinking maybe only a 50 or 75 shot till i can get the rest of my work done. Also isnt install expensive for a wet kit? where as i can install a dry kit myself
Old 04-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been spraying my 100 shot through the MAF for almost 80 passes at the dragstrip now, not to mention here and there on the street. I placed the nozzle at the end of my K&N cone filter. It still on the stock tune. No problems yet. Spray away boys!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wnyimpala
I've been spraying my 100 shot through the MAF for almost 80 passes at the dragstrip now, not to mention here and there on the street. I placed the nozzle at the end of my K&N cone filter. It still on the stock tune. No problems yet. Spray away boys!
Dry shot?
Old 04-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Yep. Look at the sig.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Resident

can you post a pic as to where you put the nozzle and maybe some other pics of your spray setup???? please lol i am seriously looking at doing this before my next round of updates. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:07 PM
12 Second Club

just so i can feel included, im doing a wet shot.......just if anybody decides to come to the dark side....lmao
Old 04-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Staging Lane

Default Purge

Is it possible of ruuning a dynotune dry kit without a purge? My kit is on the way but if I can I want my nitrous be more of a secret. I've been sprayed by some that said they didn't have it, wasn't hooked up, or messed up and they have some *** whoopings coming! I'm trying to get my hustle on and it ain't as easy when you purging and someone know you fixing to spray! I know the purge get air out of the line but is the air in the line what causes cars on nitrous to sometime backfire or is that only on cars with wet kits? This is my first nitrous experience I figured with it being a dry kit the purge would be just to make the car run more consistant! Right or Wrong?
Old 06-06-2009, 05:45 AM
Launching!

How do you get away with shooting a N2O shot through thr MAF? The MAF on the 3800 gets fried if we shoot a shot through it. The sensor wires freeze and then shatter. Its happened on a few guys that had random shops hook the kit up.

My MAF sensor went bad so I replaced it with a new one. I decided to test the freezing of the wires on my broken one. The one wire was slightly bent, which is why it went bad. Either way, it would make no difference in the experiment. I didn't have N2O available but I did have a Heliox mixture that my boss said I could fool with. (Hospital) It's not so much the chemical anyways, more the temperature I'm working with. I sprayed Heliox through the MAF sensor and sure enough the wires froze and shattered off, and they literally shattered like glass. Is the 3800 MAF sensor a different design or something?

If any of you want good N2O info, and are clubgp members, talk to Tweaky. He's the nicest guy, he's been spraying cars since I was in diapers, and he will help you with anything you need to know about the juice.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

I think the maf in the ls4's are newer and different cause i know people that run 150 dry shots through it with no problems, i am also guessing this because the after market maf's are worse than our factory one
Old 06-10-2009, 08:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Default Please wet shots only!! Plz!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A DRY SHOT> HA HA HA ha. come one guys, thats like having sex but not finishing, go with the wet shot. dont half *** it. the one time the maf reads incorrectly and you run lean on a 100 shot. bye bye motor.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Launching!

Default NX Wet Nitrous kit

Im getting rid of the car within the next year and everything on it must go..im willing to sell the wet NX nitrous kit on my car with all gauges, lines, solenoids, nozzles, jets, bottle heater, and bottle. If anyone is interested PM me. ONLY INTERESTED BUYERS.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

FWIW, if anyone needs a spare MAF to tool with, LMK. I have a stock unit, practically new minus the screen that is just sitting here collecting dust. I bought a new one solely for the screen, since I lost it when installing the K&N. Shoot me a PM if you;re interested.