LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

New to forum 2008 ss impala

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New to forum 2008 ss impala

HI EVERYONE,MY NAME IS DOM...WELL JUST FOUND THIS FORUM A COUPLE OF WEEK S AGO,AND FROM WAT IVE SEEN THIS FORUM TALKS A LOT ABOUT LS4 MOTORS AND PERFORMANCE PARTS(FINALY WAT IVE BEEN LOOKIN FOR,THANK U)...WELL IM LOOKIN FOR PEOPLE IN CALI,AND WOULD LIKE 2 SEE WAT MODS THEY HAVE PUT ON THERE SS IMPALAS,HOW THERE CAR RUNS WITH THESE MODS(BEST CHOICE FOR CAI,EXAUSHT,DOWN PIPE,ETC...)

IM NOT LOOKIN FOR SMART A** REMARKS,ETC...JUST A FRIENDLY CAR LOVER LOOKIN FOR THE BEST FOR MY RIDE,HOOK UP ON PRICES SITE THAT U CAN TRUST,SO FORTH....

I STAY IN THE INLAND EMPIRE IVE GOT HOOK UP ON SMOKIN LIGHTS(CHEAP,DEPENDS ON LIGHTS)7,HID KITS MADE BY BLACK BOXX 1 YR WARR.($130)COMPUTER CUT WINDOW TINT,LIFE TIME WARR.(4DR CARS FOR $120)
Old 04-22-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome to the forums. No need for all caps man, we hear ya ;-)
Old 04-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
Welcome to the forums. No need for all caps man, we hear ya ;-)

LOL,my fault left dat darn caps loc on...
Old 04-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Welcome, I'm kind of new here myself. I did almost everything to my car before finding this site, and it was tough - wish I found out about this sooner. Snoop around you'll find tons of good stuff to do. I just found a guy that has cross-drilled rotors and ceramic pads for the SS for $290 - I'm pumped
Old 04-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Launching!

Talking

Originally Posted by beznich
Welcome, I'm kind of new here myself. I did almost everything to my car before finding this site, and it was tough - wish I found out about this sooner. Snoop around you'll find tons of good stuff to do. I just found a guy that has cross-drilled rotors and ceramic pads for the SS for $290 - I'm pumped

Yeah its hard finding any kind performance mods,but I've found a few sites dat I bookmarked.but a lot of the mods are only 49 states legal,and living in cali they don't offer as many perfomance mods dat r legal...how do u like yo super 44 and hogan down pipe,me I was lookin into magna flow cat back system wit a volant CAI...and where can I find the cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads for 290??do u have a url,thanks
Old 04-22-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome to the site. Be sure to check out NAIOA.com as well. (North American Impala Owners Association)
Old 04-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by beznich
Originally Posted by 20SS07
Welcome to the site. Be sure to check out NAIOA.com as well. (North American Impala Owners Association)

Yeah I'm already a member,but have not had a chance 2 really check it out...I'm on another forum called impalaforum,but majority of people on there have b bodies,caprices,and 7th gen impalas.a lot of guys on there,know there stuff but not familar wit the LS4's...for the most part I will be on all the time,don't have a computer but using my G1...
Old 04-22-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea, NAIOA is geared just towards the w-body body Impalas obviously so it's a better resource than the b-body sites since there is nothing in common with those cars. Not to mention alot of the b-body SS owners aren't the biggest fan of the w-body SS's.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1 CLEAN SUP3R SPORT
Yeah I'm already a member,but have not had a chance 2 really check it out...I'm on another forum called impalaforum,but majority of people on there have b bodies,caprices,and 7th gen impalas.a lot of guys on there,know there stuff but not familar wit the LS4's...for the most part I will be on all the time,don't have a computer but using my G1...
I have always heard it's hard to do Mod's in CA,Nice to see you are looking around.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Welcome!! Have fun and ask all questions you wish thats what its all about.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

Welcome playa!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

Welcome.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:00 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 CLEAN SUP3R SPORT
Yeah its hard finding any kind performance mods,but I've found a few sites dat I bookmarked.but a lot of the mods are only 49 states legal,and living in cali they don't offer as many perfomance mods dat r legal...how do u like yo super 44 and hogan down pipe,me I was lookin into magna flow cat back system wit a volant CAI...and where can I find the cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads for 290??do u have a url,thanks
welcome!

but... volant doesn't make CAI kits for our cars....

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 04-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
welcome!

but... volant doesn't make CAI kits for our cars....
Thru the dealer,but it cost about 550 installed,I aslo live next 2 tha main office and sign up 2 use my ride as a protype...they say they will need it 4 1 week,sooo I'm thinkin about dat...
Old 04-23-2009, 11:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

aaaah, ok... so you're going to be the test car for them to develop a new one for our cars... that's cool...

yeah, cuz there is currently nothing available from them that goes/fits into our cars...

the only ones that currently offer something for our cars is the K&N intake, and the CAI (coldairinductions.com) intake...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 04-23-2009, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome. go to some of the supercharger shops in cali and let them use your car to get us some chargers
Old 04-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Panther427
welcome. go to some of the supercharger shops in cali and let them use your car to get us some chargers

That would be sweet,but would rather have it built first b4 I try 2 protype my ride for a super charger...just soo I don't blow my motor,lol...
Old 04-23-2009, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i really wish lingenfelter would have actually used my car... bastards
Old 04-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
aaaah, ok... so you're going to be the test car for them to develop a new one for our cars... that's cool...

yeah, cuz there is currently nothing available from them that goes/fits into our cars...

the only ones that currently offer something for our cars is the K&N intake, and the CAI (coldairinductions.com) intake...

Yeah wanted something different,beside k&n and coldair inductions...sooo I take it u have a k&n cai?and how do u like the diablo tuner,or would u have rather had the pcm flashed???do u recommend it over flashin(lol),or do u like tunin it yo self???
Old 04-23-2009, 12:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

nope - no K&N here... I have the CAI box/intake... works awesome....

I really like the diablo tuner... like being able to tune my stuff myself... especially with my own custom tunes...

but for you, it's not an option, since they don't support 08's....

you'd need to send out your ecm/tcm to get a mailorder tune done, or get hp tuners and learn how that all works and do the tuning yourself... or, get a dyno tune...