Old 04-28-2009, 10:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a used Superchips Cortex programmer

let me know
Old 04-28-2009, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

i have been looking at that too.. Reason is i want something that will allow me to easily transfer my stock tune back when im going to the dealer. Diablo is a no b/c they dont support 07 impalas.. Vector only ships you a tune but you have no way of reflashing back since u got to send the tuner back. HP tuners is just too much for me. I have no skill in tuning cars and no time to learn. So superchips is my only option... From what i see on there website, our car gets a 15hp boost and i think 18 on torque from this.. Some ppl have said its good some havent but you got to think that everyone has there opnions.. Just look at movie reviews. It can be a great movie and u still have the few who just dont like it..

This one does give u the option of choosing DOD or no DOD and allows you to adjust the shift points and rev limiter..
Old 04-28-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dj_stylzpgh/GXP05
let me know
Man...I guess you aren't holding your breath on the DiabloSport people ever coming through on their promises.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are a couple new programers coming on the market. the SCT is making one for all GM stuff. Lets u monitor your car, tune it, Estimate HP, TQ, 0-60 and more. im like that one.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I thought about the Superchips, but there are a couple bad reviews for them for 5.3's. I ended up getting HPtuners, which I will have this weekend.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default I'm hopin

Originally Posted by 06 SS
Man...I guess you aren't holding your breath on the DiabloSport people ever coming through on their promises.
I'm trusting Mike will, but I also offered today to be a guinea pig for Cortex. They are busy as hell but I may get a programmer and a tune for 05' cars. If not, I will buy a used one for an 06' and do what I did for Diablosport. I'm about my friends here and helping others out with what I do. Plus, the Cortex has trans support for shift points (something everyone has been asking Diablosport for), 2-year limited powertrain warranty, adjustment for gear ratio changes, logs performance times and speeds, and some of the same things DSp does also. If I can get both done, I will do a comparison at the track.

Off topic, how bout the turbo solstice is getting 28.4 hp and 43.2 lb ft off the Superchips programmer. Canned tuned or not, that's got to be a helluva difference.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Boosted cars would be easier to get gains from a box tune than an N/A car. Can you get a custom tune with the Cortex?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:24 AM
On The Tree

I'm using the Cortex programmer and very happy with it. The 93 Tune and DOD delete option should be available in about a month.

After I installed the tune I went for a little test drive & my max accel G display went up by .04 from the highest I've ever see on the car.

I also wanted the option to reinstall the factory tune if needed.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Launching!

CenTex, you're going to love the HP Tuner for sure

Quick Reply: Anyone have a used Superchips Cortex programmer