LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

FS: Monte Carlo SS LOW MILES, CLEAN

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 03:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: Monte Carlo SS LOW MILES, CLEAN

Hey everybody, I'm putting up my MCSS as a feeler sale, doesn't need to sell real quick but I'm going away to school and I want something different.

She is a 2006 SS, White/Silverstone metallic car, black leather interior. No smoking ever. The car is super clean inside and out and is always detailed.

There some paint blemishes in the front bumper (courtesy of the school parking lot) that I will get pictures of. There are two scrapes and the some of the paint is barely flaking on the skirt. I've been quoted $300 to fix it all.

I am the original owner (had the car new with 36 miles on it) and now has 13k on the car. Fluids have been changed religiously, always use Mobil 1 Synthetics.

Mods include:

K&N intake
Flowmaster Super 44s and 2.5" custom catback
Magnaflow 4" double wall slash cut exhaust tips
!Resonator
Poly Motor Mounts
3800 Performance Shift Kit
Throttle Body Spacer
3" Offroad (catless) dowpipe
SSC lowering springs
Don Rome STBs and aluminum mounts
2 Alpine e10 subs
Rockord Fosgate Amp
6K DDM Tuning HIDs in the headlights
3K DDM Tuning HIDs in the fogs
MCSS Lloyds floor mats

Windows are tined with Llumar film (life time warranty) 25 on the sides, 15 on the rest, 5 sunstrip.

Looking to get $20k range

On to the pictures:

Looking to get $20k range. I realize the price is high for the times but this ad is a feeler just trying to gauge some interest.

Feel free to PM/Email me nick@intosh.net

Last edited by Nacho SS; 05-19-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Resident

The price definitely sounds high, but the car looks amazing and has very low miles. I wish you luck with the sale. Just a quick question though, why don't you want to take it to school with you?
Old 05-19-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

You don't want to part it out?
Old 05-19-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Probably is a little high. Just remember not everyone will put alot of value into a modded car so you won't be able to always expect to get that money out of it. Mods aside I wouldn't expect more than 16k or 17k. Good look on the sale though it's a great looking car and has always been one of my favs on here and hopefully someone will appreciate the money you've put into it.

As far as parting it out, might be an option to look at since you'll be able to get more money back from the mods that way.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
The price definitely sounds high, but the car looks amazing and has very low miles. I wish you luck with the sale. Just a quick question though, why don't you want to take it to school with you?
Yeah I know about the price. Thanks for the kind words. I don't want to take it up there because I don't want to have to worry about not having a garage...keeping it clean...someone messin' with it....etc. Plus it will just sit most of the time, I'm going to school in the Bay Area where the majority of what I need is in walking distance, and I'll be playing baseball which leaves little time to work on the car.
Originally Posted by ImpSS07
You don't want to part it out?
I dont have all of the stock parts.
Originally Posted by 20SS07
Probably is a little high. Just remember not everyone will put alot of value into a modded car so you won't be able to always expect to get that money out of it. Mods aside I wouldn't expect more than 16k or 17k. Good look on the sale though it's a great looking car and has always been one of my favs on here and hopefully someone will appreciate the money you've put into it.

As far as parting it out, might be an option to look at since you'll be able to get more money back from the mods that way.
Yeah I understand that mods de-value a car to the general public. I could always take the car down to an appraisal dealer/lot/etc and get a low number and then work from there. But I chose to put the car up here first because we, as collective enthusiasts, would appreciate whats done to the car more than the rest of the populace.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Staging Lane

almost brought a tear to my eye how good them damn pictures look man wwoww hahahaha but good luck wit ur sale man
Old 05-19-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Sorry you have to let it go.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sucks Nacho, but you have to focus on your future.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bugzy530
almost brought a tear to my eye how good them damn pictures look man wwoww hahahaha but good luck wit ur sale man
Thanks man...appreciate it.
Originally Posted by Mels SS
Sorry you have to let it go.
Thanks mel...I hate to see it go.
Originally Posted by Kazmaniac
Sucks Nacho, but you have to focus on your future.
Yeah man we've talked about this before. B-ball is my dream before I even thought about cars so I have to move on, sad but true. Doesn't mean I'll be leaving you guys here.

If anyone on here know someone looking for a reliable, clean, w-body then let me know. We can work on price...this is just a feeler so far, I have time.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sucks dude you were one of those guys that always had good input.... i can help you out if you wana trade some mods for stock parts
Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 AM
TECH Addict

I only wish I had the money to take it off your hands. I've never been a MC fan til you (and a few others here) did what you guys have done to them. Looks awesome!

While baseball can be your dream, don't let go of your (?) photography skills...dem sum niiiiice shotz, homey I'm lovin' the last one.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

OK, why not leave it home and buy a beater to take to school?? lol I think you should keep it!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
I only wish I had the money to take it off your hands. I've never been a MC fan til you (and a few others here) did what you guys have done to them. Looks awesome!

While baseball can be your dream, don't let go of your (?) photography skills...dem sum niiiiice shotz, homey I'm lovin' the last one.
Thanks Buff. Always looked up to you and the old old crew. Damn this is getting so sentimental...haha
Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
OK, why not leave it home and buy a beater to take to school?? lol I think you should keep it!
I wish I could. My options are:

1. Sell this, get a GTO to drive.
2. Sell this get a beater.
3. Sell this put the money away for a car after college.

IDK right now but options 1 and 3 seem better. I don't know if I could daily a transportation appliance little econobox--I love my V8 POWA way to much!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

With option #1, it seems like you just want to sell the Monte just to get something else...it doesn't mesh with your original plan. You'd still have to find parking and take care of the Goat, too.

#2 or #3 go better with your original reasons for selling.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

I agree.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Staging Lane

Cool

Very nice car and with all the mod's make it stand out. But the way things are with GM and people losing there jobs/ not buying and the market is flooded with Cars,it be hard to get what you are asking. The good and bad to adding After market upgrades you enjoy them but once you want to sell the car it really hard to recover the $$$. Good luck with your dream.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Launching!

Hate to see that sexy thing go. Good luck with the baseball. I had a choice between football and cars and i chose the cars. Always worndered where i would be if I had chose football. But I chose what i wanted more and i love it.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy an older GTP for a daily driver still has power and decent milage. I dont think ur price is that high for california. That price would be cheap here in colorado
Old 05-21-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Buff-I was jsut throwing out ideas. Am I tired of the car? Yes, a little bit. Am I tired of FWD? Yes a lot. Do I still want something with a V8 cause I like the powa? Yes. So I'm kinda lost at this point, still could buy a beater, still could go with an f-body....choices choices. I wouldn't feel as bad about maintaining a used car--I still would keep it clean but its different with the MC. I feel like since I've had it since it was new I need to really treat it well (although she doesn't reciprocate )
Originally Posted by Panther427
Buy an older GTP for a daily driver still has power and decent milage. I dont think ur price is that high for california. That price would be cheap here in colorado
I did some research and there's not a whole lot of LS4 cars for sale around here...and the ones I did find, the sellers had relatively no clue about the capability of the LSx platform nor the elusive mystique surrounding w-bodies.

I don't think the price is that high--You are really getting a whole lot of car for the money...power, comfort, utility. But obviously in this **** economy, the game changes...
Old 05-23-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nacho, You should sell me your driver side side skirt (rocker molding)! LOL

Quick Reply: FS: Monte Carlo SS LOW MILES, CLEAN