LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

mpd hood questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i mean it wont technically ram but it should be cooler air. hopefully i can pull it off.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JT's06SS
I purchased an MPD hood and love the hood, but what was everyone elses exsperiance like with the company? He told me worst case 5 weeks on the production of my hood..........9.5 weeks later it got to my body shop.

Well, here's my experience. Mine was the second production hood that Eric at MPD made. He did the prototype, the first one on an all blue Monte SS that is on the MDP website, then mine. Took about 4 to 5 weeks to get. Believe me, Eric is VERY MUCH the perfectionist at his work, so if it does take a bit longer, it's worth it in the end. I also had him paint my hood as well and am very, very happy with the results!!!! Eric is an excellent painter and loves to paint; he just doesn't get to do it much anymore so felt very fortunate that he agreed to do mine!!!!! I had a great experience with Eric at MPD and couldn't recommend him highly enough. He is very customer service oriented and runs a very tight ship, in my experience.

I haven't had any of the leaking issues (or ANY other issues with the hood for that matter) since I've had it. (Of course, mine isn't driven in the rain or in the winter so that may have some to do with that....)

I understand the hood isn't for everybody, but let's face it. When we are talking astetics for anything, what is 100% universally liked by all????? I have gotten a sh*t ton of compliments on the hood by many, and many say it really sets the car off. I look at photos now of the car before the hood and the front looks so plain!!!!!! I really like the hood and was a great investment.

Here are some photos for any who are interested or for those who are inerested in the hood and would like some new pics to look at......

Old 02-27-2010, 10:57 PM

great pics! That looks wicked,nasty and just plain badazz! I noticed the website said that the injection molded grille was a GM part. Did it say what car that came from?
Old 02-27-2010, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

it looks good i think it would be better if it had the ss scoop that they have for the earlier montes on it. or not that point in the center. but to each his own.