LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Project: GXP-TN20 (Rossko 85's remote mount turbo build thread)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, I'm glad that you are still driving it! I was worried when you said you were going to run 285s that you were getting away from a street car. A car that fun needs to be driven! I'm really interested to see how your custom grind helps with throttle response. Generally when I think of turbo lag I'm thinking about the RPM at which the turbo spools to full boost, and when I think of throttle response I'm thinking about delay between stepping on the gas and getting moving. But, semantics... keep it up!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by nmp0098
Cool, I'm glad that you are still driving it! I was worried when you said you were going to run 285s that you were getting away from a street car. A car that fun needs to be driven! I'm really interested to see how your custom grind helps with throttle response. Generally when I think of turbo lag I'm thinking about the RPM at which the turbo spools to full boost, and when I think of throttle response I'm thinking about delay between stepping on the gas and getting moving. But, semantics... keep it up!
Im on your page man...i gotcha...yeah...285's for the track only LOL...and as far as RPM when I get full boost im running around 4k rpm and with this thing stalled up...the air is right there from the compressor...so the space has been filled so not much lag at launch...and the N2O is really going to help that!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:36 PM
12 Second Club

got the test fit Nitto 285/40R18 555R's on the Enkei 18"x9.5" MTO+3's and filled with nitrogen....

No need for spacers!! rub is not an issue unless you lock the wheel left or right...so pretty good range still....fit right up in there!!! i wouldnt recommend for the street but...now you guys know!!

got the 35 pills today...going to put them in tomarrow...

got the FJO set up as far as N2O window and spraying the shot....

went to tuner lastnight after work and spent 3 1/2 hrs on some tweaks...
pulled some fuel, a degree of timing up top for the added safety on spray...timing looks good for it throughout the tune, we turned off the long term fuel trims, loaded in the tranny tune and pulled motor current way way down and time in shift and line psi to some pretty aggressive levels!! feels great!!, bumped idle back down a little and set 2-3 shift to match 1-2 (5950) and did some enrichment stuff
Attached Thumbnails Project:  GXP-TN20 (Rossko 85's remote mount turbo build thread)-003.jpg   Project:  GXP-TN20 (Rossko 85's remote mount turbo build thread)-004.jpg   Project:  GXP-TN20 (Rossko 85's remote mount turbo build thread)-005.jpg  

Last edited by Rossko85; 06-30-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can't wait for final dyno numbers. I am getting extremely anxious. lol...

Where did you get those really nice grills? I'd love a set on my black GXP. Are they chrome? Nice ride Ross....

-Mike
Old 07-01-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mgpeagle

Where did you get those really nice grills? I'd love a set on my black GXP. Are they chrome? Nice ride Ross....

-Mike
I saw a pair on Wbodystore. I was thinking bout getting these a while back...
Old 07-01-2010, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mgpeagle
I can't wait for final dyno numbers. I am getting extremely anxious. lol...

-Mike
Here Mike...

http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/...ons!-p-94.html
Old 07-02-2010, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Ross.

-Mike
Old 07-04-2010, 10:29 PM
12 Second Club

Default To the track and back to the lab!! LOL

Ok...really made a great effort at my 1st event after build yesterday....was the annual Indy HP street car shootout....

i was in the FWD pwr adder class...aka: Sport FWD...

Had a lot of rice...but the rice claimed the day with a 10.42 pass at 148mph!!! It was trailered in and plates where put on as they come off their trailers...lol

not being a sour puss....but REALLY?!?!? COME ON!! STREET CAR...NOT
"streetABLE" LMAO... but im not a sour puss...props to the rice running not guts and lightweigt finders and plexy glass and ROLL CAGES!! making 400 whp with a 12lb car!! LMAO...real competative right? lol...I HATE TRAILER QUEENS!!! NEWAYZ...

so here ya go...got some pics from track...got the cable mod up in the back...got the 285's on...

spraying the n2o..had some issues with the activation etc...had a bad fuse...

im very upset with the traction!! youll see why!! but the car and tranny and the system held very well and was back at it for the DD to work today....LOL

so...here ya go...if I could only hook up!! the monte guys and ss impala's can run those QT pros witha 16" wheel...GXP have to lower to 17" wheel and cant go to a tubless or a QT pro on 18".....and not practical to downgrade to a smaller brake LOL...

I was also running 35 psi LOL...took it down to 27 was a little better but still not enough traction! so im going downt to the teens!! like 15-18psi...gonna mark the valve stem and see how she does...check the heat cycling with the psi at end of run and get it from there...hopefully better for the event this weekend....

gonna hit tuner for new VE table tune and some more fuel tweaks etc Friday night!! gonna qualify first on Fri then go see him in the evening...lol

makes for interesting times....hopefully i qualify...which i should due to the event not having many FWD power adders LOL..had 7 in last event!! LOL...

you guys tell me if i have traction issues...LOL...

my best ticket was: 2.4 60ft 13.3 @ 109.92 MPH...BLAH!! that was with a 2.6 RT due to deep stage light was flickering LOL..they hit it and I blew it and decided to sit there for 2.6 seconds LOL...so if i could shed some 60 ft time...and nail a .250 RT like i did on another run then id be hopefully in high 11's atleast....

I ran 12.9 @ 109.98 last year on N2O only!! i have 70 more HP this year on the spray and boost!! LOL

enjoy!

go to time: 2:20...watch the run...and listen to annoucer LOL...im getting grief dont worry!! lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_1wBycUDDo

and a video from the stand angle to give you idea just how big it was LOL..i feathered it too DONT WORRY!! LOL still just no traction LOL...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrRL2TyhSLE

heres some pics...
Attached Thumbnails Project:  GXP-TN20 (Rossko 85's remote mount turbo build thread)-indyhp-2010-1.jpg   Project:  GXP-TN20 (Rossko 85's remote mount turbo build thread)-indyhp-2010-2.jpg   Project:  GXP-TN20 (Rossko 85's remote mount turbo build thread)-indyhp-2010-3.jpg   Project:  GXP-TN20 (Rossko 85's remote mount turbo build thread)-indyhp-2010-4.jpg   Project:  GXP-TN20 (Rossko 85's remote mount turbo build thread)-indyhp-2010-5.jpg  

Last edited by Rossko85; 07-04-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

were all your launches like that, maybe you should lose some weight out back.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by StealthV8
were all your launches like that, maybe you should lose some weight out back.
everyone of them....not as much smoke the other 3 cause i didnt spray N2o on the others....but still broke loose...i dont know of any gxp's running this kind of power just yet with a slick.....someone tell me...please LOL...im gonn run them down a little...my tuner Joe (Joe6ptO) has had some helpful tips for me throughout the Nitto soga LOL..he has some; as does one of my other buds on here...so just have to feel it out...

I have no weight in the back...lol...have the back end on the cable mod...it doesnt allow the rear struts to compress, simply by holding them in place witha cable looped and strapped on the cross member...so it puts the rear end in a "jacked up" stance and doenst let the suspension settle...

its a rake!! doesnt budge...i think with the combo of lots of tire psi and the rake stance i just was simply too stiff all around...need to let the psi out up front so the ride isnt so resistant to the rear mod....need a little give if im jacked up in the back....
Old 07-05-2010, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

so you had the trunk gutted and rear set out?.. I dunno of any gxps with slicks but some have drag radials on 17's, i've heard of one just south of me that swaped the smaller brakes up front so he can run 15" rims and slicks(wrinkle walls) but i didn't hear what happened lol.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I thought it was one hell of an impressive smoke show. Just shows what these cars are capable of. Screw the ET; I thought you spinning the tires more than half way down the track on slicks was bada$$.

-Mike
Old 07-05-2010, 10:00 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah ive thought about downgrading the brakes....would allow full slicks...I might just consider that....just have a quick release brake setup at the lines and just make fittings to accomidate the change for track.....then i could run 16" mustang wheels with a QT pro or something in a full tubless!! im gonna try to take psi out first...LOL...i see 8-10 sec cars launching with these tires...just running 15psi...LOL...so...ive got the much better and more competition drag tire from nitto on order right now...its the nto5r...bad AZZ tire!!!

And Mike....Thanks man!! it is a shear demonstration of exactly what I wanted this build to be all about....THIS IS ALL STOCK INTERNALS!!! 8spi on N2O...together...in harmony...shes tough...just have to keep it safe levels...and tune the DOG SHIOT OUT OF IT!! LOL...im shooting for E85 in fall with a stand alone fuel cell for N2O so I dont have to upgrade all my fuel system etc...

thanks though guys...
Old 07-05-2010, 10:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by StealthV8
so you had the trunk gutted and rear set out?.. I dunno of any gxps with slicks but some have drag radials on 17's, i've heard of one just south of me that swaped the smaller brakes up front so he can run 15" rims and slicks(wrinkle walls) but i didn't hear what happened lol.
and yes...gutted and set out....and i have DR's on 18's cause i went to a dam 285 for the track LOL....17's in a 9.5" width are hard to come by LOL...and I kind of had a deal knocking at the door for these Enkei's...they are sooooo light weight!!!

Last edited by Rossko85; 07-05-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

So got off the text line with my tuner.....hes had a resent lighten up in his load and has expressed an interest in tuning my on E85 and the N2O....and well,

IM GOING TO DO IT TOMARROW NIGHT!!!

I have an *** LOAD of E85 Stations around my area here in Indy and the County just to the West..where I live in the town of Plainfield....but gotta run her down all the way or most of the way...just concerned and have to plan it just right due to my modified bucket and slosh....i will loose FP...lucky IN is full of corn fields and flat plains for the most part! LOL gotta watch the occasional hill or so on way to Lafayette...

Hope for the best here...I know im knocking at some more first for our cars here...does anyone else know of any LS4 owners that are E85??? Confirmed??
Old 07-12-2010, 05:49 PM
12 Second Club

Default E85

Got her tuned on E85!! Set my WG to 10psi and started to have what we believe to be valve float...it was cutting in and out and no matter what values we set witht he fuel in the table, it still wasnt having it....we thought it was fp...but fp was doing just fine...and MAF sig was great as well as AFR's up to the 10psi...where it started to lean out a lil...but then other runs it would richen up...LOL...so we pulled a little fuel up top for me to go back to 7.7psi...

Took it to the track the moring after/of...LOL..no sleep..and got a PB of 12.5 @109mph with a 1.68 60ft time on my 555r's running on 15psi!! thats my number...a lot better than 36 LMAO!!!

Still have some really rich spots up top at WOT since the last flash that backed fuel out...I didnt have a chance to see how it would do...so we did it in the dark basically...i couldnt switch back to 7.7psi until i got back to my house 1 hr away and got a fitting to tie vacuum back in on my WG to refrence the right boost setting....but even with it rich and some power cutting out i still managed to be pretty competative at the track!!!

Thanks to my tuner/friend Joe....he busted his *** on this!! and hasnt missed a lick!! hell of a guy! hes going through some family issues right now and still keeping up with my ***...hes great!! i wouldnt trust anyone else at this point with this car....Thanks Joe!! your a good man!! LOL

so heres some pics....putting this one in the history books again boys!!

Havent got to hit the N2O on the E85 just yet...did with the 93...not too bad!! gonna wait to get my fueling issues solved first before we add some more timing and lean it out a lil more and hit the N2O...
Attached Thumbnails Project:  GXP-TN20 (Rossko 85's remote mount turbo build thread)-e851.jpg   Project:  GXP-TN20 (Rossko 85's remote mount turbo build thread)-e852.jpg   Project:  GXP-TN20 (Rossko 85's remote mount turbo build thread)-e853.jpg   Project:  GXP-TN20 (Rossko 85's remote mount turbo build thread)-e854.jpg   Project:  GXP-TN20 (Rossko 85's remote mount turbo build thread)-e855.jpg  

Old 07-12-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I really like the look of the Enkeis on there.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
I really like the look of the Enkeis on there.
Thanks dude! it has a real racey look for sure...i got those due to the design and how they forge them and the reinforced brim around the edge and the light weight to them and the fast purge system and chk for the track...does well when trying to beat heat cycling...
Old 07-14-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rossko85
Thanks dude! it has a real racey look for sure...i got those due to the design and how they forge them and the reinforced brim around the edge and the light weight to them and the fast purge system and chk for the track...does well when trying to beat heat cycling...

Are yours 114.3? If they make 'em in 5x115 I'd seriously consider a set.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
Are yours 114.3? If they make 'em in 5x115 I'd seriously consider a set.
yes....114.3 they are... and they will fit the 5x115...my OE pattern is 5x115 as well...

so they will fit...ive had no problems

Quick Reply: Project: GXP-TN20 (Rossko 85's remote mount turbo build thread)