LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

ssc lowering kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm lowered with 22" wheels, so if you have the right offset, you'll be fine.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mike690003
I'm lowered with 22" wheels, so if you have the right offset, you'll be fine.
i have 37+
Old 06-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Im not gonna lie Im pretty dumb when it comes to this kind of stuff. If I have stock SS wheels and stock 235/50/18 tires will I have a rub issue?
Old 06-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

na your good look at the pics those are the stock wheels an tires bro
Old 06-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Teching In

I've been checking around and now think I'm ready to look at lowering the SS. Ive done a lot of reading here and on NAIOA. Some have replaced the struts some not. Some install the anti pogo washers others not. And some install the camber bolts, and again some don't. Some just install springs and thats it.

Right now I'm looking at SSC springs. As far as the struts go, I haven't felt any ride problems what-so-ever and haven't heard anything as well. I know you should look at starting to replace at 50k but im gonna try and get by a little longer.

As far as the anti pogo I would get the same that fit the Grand Prix, correct? Are they worth it? I saw them on ZZP for $30 for the set. As far as the camber I want to be safe and saw them on Rockauto for about $50 for 4. Any cheaper elsewhere?

If anyone wants to add anything that would be great. But from what I'm seeing this is the basic stuff I need. Again I'm going to try and get by with the struts. I'm at 45K so I'm thinking I can go a little while longer. If anyone knows where I can get the parts cheaper let me know as well.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

That looks great. I know they guarantee these to not sag, but my *** end is a bit lower than that...so it may drop a little. I have absolutely NO wheelwell showing above the tire, with or without load in the back.

Originally Posted by JessmoMonteSS
Your Monte is looking real good with those springs! Has anyone installed these with 20'' wheels? Any problems with rubbing? I would love a set of these springs but I live in Upstate NY, which = pot hole hell.
I had 20" x 8.5", 255/35ZR20 tires, +42 offset, and rubbed pretty badly on the rear quarterpanel lip (which can be rolled to eliminate rubbing). Not sure if they would have rubbed with 245's, but I think they would have.

However, since I'm selling those wheels and decided to stick with stock (or another 18" setup), the ride around the city is pretty jarring. Not sure if the KYB's I have installed are shot, or if it's just the lowering, but it's pretty bad...you feel everything. It didn't seem so bad when the 20's were installed, but it's gotten progressively worse.

Quick Reply: ssc lowering kit