LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Ls4 mr2

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 08GXPGXP
I travel to portland every so often.. I'd love to see this beast in action!!
Me too! I will be getting back in this project soon. It kills me to see it every time I go in my garage.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a hell of a project....but **** the MR2 engine bay is tight as ****, how in the hell did u put an ls4 in there LOL
Old 02-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lt_Crazy
Thats a hell of a project....but **** the MR2 engine bay is tight as ****, how in the hell did u put an ls4 in there LOL
It and the transaxle are only roughly an inch or two longer than the stock engine & trans setup. I'm only cutting a few spots for clearance. Otherwise there's enough room. The only real issue is the inner lower control arm mounts need to be relocated downwards by 3-4" or so. Just a matter of creating a new subframe with lower mounting points for the control arms. A little bit of math to deduct how it will affect camber, & I'll get sorted so it's minimal. I don't plan on having much travel anyways, so it ultimately shouldn't be a big deal.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Teching In

^^^lol my brain hurts!!!

I don't know my buddy had an MR2 and working on the engine was a bich, cramped and akward position because of the "hood".....

Good luck man, looks like its coming along nicely!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lt_Crazy
^^^lol my brain hurts!!!

I don't know my buddy had an MR2 and working on the engine was a bich, cramped and akward position because of the "hood".....

Good luck man, looks like its coming along nicely!
I'll create a dolly setup that has mounts on it that match up to the engine/trans so it can more easily drop out like it should for any work I need to do. The lower suspension is easy to remove from the current subframe, & the new one will be as simple to make it all very easy to work on. I'll put up pictures as it comes along.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Launching!

sub'd
Old 12-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Teching In

It's sitting in the garage begging for me to quit ignoring it in favor of all of these other projects and friends and their cars. I've whittled it down to just a few now and am not taking on any more projects until this MR-2 is driving. I still haven't put up a proper work space for it, but have decided not having a lift has been too convenient of an excuse for too long and bought some very tall jackstands to get enough clearance to work on it as if it was on a lift. Engine/trans still has to go in or come out from below, so the height is necessary. I've got a few local fellows willing to help get it on the road. It should be driving by Spring. Time to focus....
Old 12-09-2013, 04:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Good we can hardly wait!!
Old 12-11-2013, 03:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BlueBlur
It's sitting in the garage begging for me to quit ignoring it in favor of all of these other projects and friends and their cars. I've whittled it down to just a few now and am not taking on any more projects until this MR-2 is driving. I still haven't put up a proper work space for it, but have decided not having a lift has been too convenient of an excuse for too long and bought some very tall jackstands to get enough clearance to work on it as if it was on a lift. Engine/trans still has to go in or come out from below, so the height is necessary. I've got a few local fellows willing to help get it on the road. It should be driving by Spring. Time to focus....
Good to hear.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:49 AM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any update on this?
Old 07-25-2014, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Here is your update...
https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/4586354033.html
Attached Thumbnails Ls4 mr2-ls4mr2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Ls4 mr2