LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

05 gp gxp vs 2010 camaro V6

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so you believe that v6 pony cars are the only reason why v8 pony cars exist? i actually think its the opposite. the v8s are for the purist that want a muscle car/pony car for what its supposed to be. the v6 are to get all the people in the door that cant afford the real thing.

i apologize if ive offended you in some way by saying a v6 mustang or camaro is gay. i think it is.

you yourself said that if you were to buy one you would by a v8 one. if the v6 is so awesome why not buy a v6?

the reason why i said do a search is cause theres a 7-10 page long thread in this section debating this exact topic.

like i said in the other thread about this if they made a 12 second corvette that ran on water and got a million miles to the gallon i still wouldnt want it. in my opinion its gay and not what i would want from my corvette. like you said its my opinion. you dont have to agree with me, and im not going to try and sell you on it. feel free to buy the v6 ill save up and get the 8.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

Old 10-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LuSe4
I may get flamed for this, but what is the problem with driving a V6 Camaro or 2011 V6 Mustang?

Also, since they sell way more V6's, without them I really doubt that their V8 counterparts would even exist because Ford and GM couldn't justify the low V8 sales volume.
no not at all .. i would love to have a new 2011 mustang with the new TIVCT 3.5L V6 ... the gas mileage is great and i bet that thing will be tweeked very shortly ...

but the first time i came across an F-body with some work and they think im the new 5.0 out to play ..... im going to that i hadnt saved for the 5.0

and could you imagine how much more the camaro or mustang would cost if only offered in V8, because theres something regarding what the overall model gets for gas mileage per units sold or something like that ... and no car manufacturer is going to eat the government taxes to allow you to get a v8 powered muscle car for cheap ... those non-prius, non-catted full horespower wars are long behind us friends ... ...
Old 10-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Launching!

yes who ever said that v6's exist for the v8 can live in spot on. Not just for the economic reasons so the board won't get killed by stock holders for low volume sales, but the new federal fuel requirements are going into effect in a few years. The law states every car sold in the U.S. must offer at least one trim of each model that that gets 34.1 mpg. The v-6 camaros and mustangs are first run attempts of reaching those requirements by the model year deadline. Besides everyone hating on v-6's should know that there is going to be a v-6 corvette model more then likely as well to meet the gov. fuel requirements. Face it gentlemen the guys that make the rules are going to kill the large displacement v-8 engines in cars.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
so you believe that v6 pony cars are the only reason why v8 pony cars exist? i actually think its the opposite. the v8s are for the purist that want a muscle car/pony car for what its supposed to be. the v6 are to get all the people in the door that cant afford the real thing.

i apologize if ive offended you in some way by saying a v6 mustang or camaro is gay. i think it is.

you yourself said that if you were to buy one you would by a v8 one. if the v6 is so awesome why not buy a v6?

the reason why i said do a search is cause theres a 7-10 page long thread in this section debating this exact topic.

like i said in the other thread about this if they made a 12 second corvette that ran on water and got a million miles to the gallon i still wouldnt want it. in my opinion its gay and not what i would want from my corvette. like you said its my opinion. you dont have to agree with me, and im not going to try and sell you on it. feel free to buy the v6 ill save up and get the 8.
Some one must have just gotten their head beat in by a V6 mustang.

Your engine has 50% more displacement, 2 more cylinders and 10 LESS horsepower then a 2011 V6 Camaro, the same as a V6 mustang.

You just sound really sour.

At least the V6 pony cars are RWD, some would say that FWD is gay so maybe people in a glass house shouldn't heave stones.

Last edited by torchred'10; 11-25-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i really dont mind driving a fwd car at all though. i think it makes you a better driver really. i mean it gives you a pretty good feeling when you out launch a rwd car. and to me its just another obstacle to over come. and v6 pony cars are horrible buys. or they were. at least now they have some power and are actually fast. but before like 02 mustangs and firebirds for example what a waste. rwd so cant drive well in snow and when it is nice out u cant drive fast . ill stick to my grandprix any day. idc if the mustang has the sportiest look ever and has a 900 hp v6. i like my sleeper grandprix and im proud to tell people it has an ls4 in it. and if i want to make it faster ill spend 3800 for a non intecooled turbo kit or 5000 for an intercooled one.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by D J Real
yes who ever said that v6's exist for the v8 can live in spot on. Not just for the economic reasons so the board won't get killed by stock holders for low volume sales, but the new federal fuel requirements are going into effect in a few years. The law states every car sold in the U.S. must offer at least one trim of each model that that gets 34.1 mpg. The v-6 camaros and mustangs are first run attempts of reaching those requirements by the model year deadline. Besides everyone hating on v-6's should know that there is going to be a v-6 corvette model more then likely as well to meet the gov. fuel requirements. Face it gentlemen the guys that make the rules are going to kill the large displacement v-8 engines in cars.
and thanks for backing me up ... but its something about the total cars sold under that name, "camaro" "mustang" under each brand obviously ... that the combined average for the total of V6's sold and V8's sold across the entire model line has to be over a specific amount ... so if you had a bunch of thirsty V8's cruising around at 20 MPG then you need to have enough V6 running around at 40 MPG to get the ratio close enough to 34 or whatever it is ... its all bullshit though ... how many of us right now can go out to our cars and say that our lifetime MPG average is anywhere close to to MAX epa rated highway mileage of 28 or whatever the sticker said ???

so the other guy saying that the V6 cars allow us to have the V8's is precisely right ... because if all they sold were V8's it would be much more expensive for the consumer, if the car would even be built ... and as far as a V6 corvette ... chevy should just close its doors before doing that ...

it would be like making a monte FWD ... oh wait
Old 11-26-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

theres nothing around my town thats faster than i am except for one corvett and i havent raced him yet so i duno whos faster lol
Old 11-27-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

There's a 2011 V6 Mustang, automatic, 4.10's, intake, exhaust, and tune that ran 13.1 @ 107 on street tires. But yeah, it's gay only due to the fact that it's a V6. When the V8 cars ran these times with those mods it wasn't gay right? The times have changed. Four cylinders and Six cylinders are now performers. Just due to the number of cyliders doesn't determine the sexual preference of these cars anymore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_psJn...layer_embedded
Old 11-28-2010, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

lol...
Old 11-28-2010, 09:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
There's a 2011 V6 Mustang, automatic, 4.10's, intake, exhaust, and tune that ran 13.1 @ 107 on street tires. But yeah, it's gay only due to the fact that it's a V6. When the V8 cars ran these times with those mods it wasn't gay right? The times have changed. Four cylinders and Six cylinders are now performers. Just due to the number of cyliders doesn't determine the sexual preference of these cars anymore

this is my home track just runing their is a mod always great da and i think its like 300 feet about sea level but not a bad run
Old 11-30-2010, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CenTexSS

its not gay because its a v6, or a mustang. its gay because its a v6 mustang. its just not cool. no matter how fast it is. im not trying to sell you on my opinion. its cool. you like v6 mustangs. i like v8 ones. to each his own.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by torchred'10
Some one must have just gotten their head beat in by a V6 mustang.

Your engine has 50% more displacement, 2 more cylinders and 10 LESS horsepower then a 2011 V6 Camaro, the same as a V6 mustang.

You just sound really sour.

At least the V6 pony cars are RWD, some would say that FWD is gay so maybe people in a glass house shouldn't heave stones.
no i havent gotten my head beat in by a v6 mustang. ive actually beaten one from a 60ish roll. granted it was close. (i never said that they werent quick for what the are.)

i didnt realize the camaros had 2.6 v6s in them. you do know that hp isnt the only thing that one needs to be taken into consideration dont you? i dont know the torque specs on the mustang, but i highly doubt that they make the torque the LS4 does.

i dont see how i sound "sour". its my opinion. you dont have to agree, or like it. your pro v6 pony cars more power to you, im not. ill save up for the v8.

i think front wheel drive is very gay. then again i dont consider my DD monte to be a muscle car/pony car, or whatever you want to call the v6 mustang/camaros.

at the end of the day youre on a LSX forum trying to convince the world that the v6 mustang is awesome. if you think that its so great, go join a v6 mustang forum. im sure youll find plenty of people on there with your same views.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Teching In

I've run against two new V6 Camaro's at our track. Manual was closer than the the auto one by far.. but I was beating them even without a tune. The guy in the manual could have been a sucky driver I guess. The guy in the auto had no chance. I ran him several times and that thing just wouldn't run. Don't know if it was just his car or what.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

no i havent gotten my head beat in by a v6 mustang. ive actually beaten one from a 60ish roll. granted it was close. (i never said that they werent quick for what the are.)

i didnt realize the camaros had 2.6 v6s in them. you do know that hp isnt the only thing that one needs to be taken into consideration dont you? i dont know the torque specs on the mustang, but i highly doubt that they make the torque the LS4 does.

i dont see how i sound "sour". its my opinion. you dont have to agree, or like it. your pro v6 pony cars more power to you, im not. ill save up for the v8.

i think front wheel drive is very gay. then again i dont consider my DD monte to be a muscle car/pony car, or whatever you want to call the v6 mustang/camaros.

at the end of the day youre on a LSX forum trying to convince the world that the v6 mustang is awesome. if you think that its so great, go join a v6 mustang forum. im sure youll find plenty of people on there with your same views.
look not to be an a$$ but its a 3.6 v6 and on your comment well said
Old 12-02-2010, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you read his post that i quoted. he said that the camaro has 50% less displacement then the ls4. hence the 2.6 comment. ls4 is 5.3 if you want to get technical then i guess in his eyes the camaros motor is a 2.6 and some changen world beater. anyways carry on.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:38 AM
TECH Regular

Thank You Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Banned

50% of 3.6 is 1.8, 1.8 plus 3.6 is 5.4, which is why he said ours is 50% more displacement. But if you're gonna purchase one of these cars, get a V8, sounds WAY better, more torque, fuel eco isn't that much worse, and in any same model car the V8 will always be faster, mod for mod.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JP_GXP
50% of 3.6 is 1.8, 1.8 plus 3.6 is 5.4
hey professor ... youre going to upset the retards

J/K
Old 12-04-2010, 12:31 AM
TECH Addict

OHC motors are way more efficient.

Quick Reply: 05 gp gxp vs 2010 camaro V6